PDA

View Full Version : Not quite as planned

nomad_archer
12-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Well today is opening day of rifle here in pa. This morning didn't quite go as planned. I woke up at 5am to a nice puddle in my bathroom. Toilet is leaking. So instead of being in the stand I was at home depot at 7. Long story short new toilet installed and I made it for the afternoon hunt. Brought my bow as well.

New toilet. Don't mind the rest of the bathroom as it is on the list for a renovation. Best part is I only had to cut one bolt off to get the old thirty year original toilet off.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/03/5ysagybe.jpg

Wish me luck this afternoon after the little curve ball this morning.

Stonegod
12-02-2013, 05:59 PM
LMAO!!!!.....that's got to be a first for any hunting site!!!.....a pic of a trophy toilet!lol Hope you had better luck this afternoon......that pic of your toilet cracks me up!!!....thanks!!!

blackbeard
12-02-2013, 06:44 PM
I would have shut off the line to the toilet and told the family they were on their own until lunchtime....no kidding.

buckstalker17
12-02-2013, 06:45 PM
That's makes for a shitty morning 🚽 pun intended 👍 just kidding.

gonehunting 45
12-02-2013, 07:38 PM
I guess crap happens......
and yes I agree with BB

nomad_archer
12-02-2013, 08:50 PM
I shut off the supply line but that didn't stop the flow of water. My better hunting spot was my afternoon spot so..... I bit the bullet and got it done by 11 so I could get out. Plus my daughter is potty training and running her downstairs to the other bathroom all the time is a pain.

This needed to get done since I am leaving first thing Friday for the hunting camp until the following Tuesday and there is a hot water tank that just started leaking a bit that needs replaced to. Just a few unexpected surprises. I did have three come in this afternoon one button buck and two does. The largest doe didnt give me a good shot so I passed. I did see 4 more does and a decent buck plus 6 gobblers to round out my day so it was a pretty good afternoon on stand. Most of what I saw was in the fields but it is good seeing game. Back to work for a few days and then I cant wait to be back in the stand.

All and all it was a good day and I kept the wife happy.

mrbb
12-03-2013, 05:20 AM
well never a dull moment, and seems always something happens just before deer season to me too
also you didn't miss in the am, from all the guys in my hunting camp and me at my place, it was a quiet morning, evening had a lot more action/shooting it seems

nomad_archer
12-03-2013, 06:11 AM
I wasnt at hunting camp this year but the early reports from my dad where six guys two saw a total of six doe. Otherwise the 12 inches of snow really put a hurting on the deer movement.