PDA

View Full Version : Many firsts on this hunt!!!!!

ManOfTheFall
11-30-2013, 01:08 AM
We will start with my first buck with a compound. My wife's first buck with anything, as a matter of fact her first deer with anything. My wife's and myself first double buck kill. This all happened on November 23rd. Well, it's not the big boy I was after but it was the 3 1/2 year old management 8 pointer. The great thing about it is I was hunting with my wife and she took out the management 5 1/2 year old 6 pointer. I started hunting with a crossbow in 1996. Last year was my first year with a compound. So, this is my first buck with a compound and it is also my wifes first and our first double. It was also my longest shot, 35 yards. I didn't find her buck though for 2 days. She had good shot placement but didn't get alot of penetration and only got one lung. Mine scored 90 2/8". Hers scored 90 7/8". Hers weighed about 60 more pounds than mine did. But, I told her the only thing that really matters is that mine had 2 more points than hers did, lol. Here are pics of both.

Stonegod
11-30-2013, 07:57 AM
Well congrats again to you and congrats to your wife on her first buck!!! I only have on question.........why isn't she on our team??!!lol

blackbeard
11-30-2013, 08:12 AM
Congrats to you both. How exactly did you age those deer?

radicalxl
11-30-2013, 10:36 AM
Good job, and a big congrats to you and the Mrs.

mrbb
11-30-2013, 02:09 PM
well congrats to both of you on filling the freezer and enjoying the sport

nomad_archer
11-30-2013, 11:56 PM
Congrats to both of you.

ManOfTheFall
12-01-2013, 01:03 AM
Congrats to you both. How exactly did you age those deer? Trail camera's and sightings over the last few years. Both of these bucks had decent racks as 1 1/2 year olds but the only basically grew in mass since. I decided it was time if given a chance this year after my vacation we would put them down. We were given the chance and we did!!!!! I just hope now I don't run into G2splits. He is like a 170" monster. I had a very close encounter with him in early November when I was on my vacation. It was the one stinking branch I didn't cut that I thought would be ok that kept me from taking him out.