PDA

View Full Version : no tag filled yet

gonehunting 45
11-24-2013, 08:15 PM
Still looking to fill a tag. I've had deer under me just didn't let the arrow go. Might be kicking my self again this year. Had 2 nice 8 pt walk by. Told myself if I see them again I'd let go on them. haven't seen them again. I've had a few small 4's,but not many does. Might have to find an area just to shoot a doe. haven't seen many on public land this year. Here's a couple videos from this year. Not sure how I turned the recorder off the nice 8 but I did. you can see him at the very top of the picture in the center but not very clearly. He did come straight down the hill right under me. Buy the time I started thinking I should shoot it was to late.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csiNaLowM9g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUMdsB1p43k

mrbb
11-24-2013, 08:34 PM
well I have all my tags too, and my archery season ended on the 16th, and I also let a very nice 8 go, , three different times too, that ended up getting hit by a car, I was so hoping it made it one more yr, but was very close to shooting it, a solid 140 8 pointer
so I hear you on letting one walk and then thinking back, made I should have taken it
but like they say, if you shoot a smaller one, you'll never get that big one!
so' guess I am hoping for that big one LOL
maybe gun season, or late season archery after X mas
at least you still have a long season to try, could be worse??
like here in PA, with a much much shorter time to get it done

nomad_archer
11-25-2013, 06:23 AM
Well I have two of my three tags left. I got a smallish doe at nearly the end of PA archery since it was the only opportunity that I had all season I decided to take it. I only saw one buck in the stand. He was a dandy but was just on the wrong side of the brush pile. There is a reason he lived as long as he did and it wasn't by walking on the "right" side of the brush pile. Still lots of time left well kinda in PA to make something happen.

Big_Holla
11-25-2013, 03:22 PM
That's one of those hard to make decisions when you are presented with a borderline buck early on in the season. Just have to accept that decision you made and hopefully for you one of these days you will be rewarded with a dandy.