PDA

View Full Version : first day success?

mrbb
09-24-2013, 10:56 PM
OK how many people really think they will tag out on opening day?
I know I don't expect to, to be honest, it will be a low odds deal if I tag out at all,
just because I really haven't seen anything here I want to tag
I am not a doe hunters anymore, gave up trying to get numbers in check
so who here really thinks they will tag MR Big opening day
or just there first time out?

and how many think its more of a rut deal maker?? to tag him?

Stonegod
09-25-2013, 07:54 AM
Most think....or hope....to get one on opening day.....put few if any will. Me....well I won't since I won't be hunting on opening day.

hortontoter
09-25-2013, 08:49 AM
I'm really hoping the deer I want doesn't show up on opening day or even the first week to be honest. The weather is just to warm to have to get a deer out of the woods and to a processer. Most processers are closed on Sunday also which creates a problem.

Strother23
09-25-2013, 09:31 AM
Yea I don't want to see some of the nicer bucks on the property opening weekend. I would like the weather to cool down some more. I am hoping for for a doe on Saturday that would be nice. I like jerky and summer sausage. I am taking my dad out and this is his first year with a crossbow. I'm hoping he gets his first deer.

NGonzo0208
09-25-2013, 10:19 AM
I just want to sit in a stand all day and personnally observe the deer in my area.

00buck
09-25-2013, 11:45 AM
Hopefully depends on what I see

Mikebaker
09-25-2013, 11:57 AM
I've tagged out on 4 opening day in the past but its rare for me. I have to have a certain buck I want and then watch him a month before the season starts. I deffinitly don't have that problem this year as I havnt seen the first buck I'd shoot yet. But I've gotta say, as I get older i don't want it to end that soon. I think I've learned more from deer the years I didn't shoot any bucks.

ManOfTheFall
09-25-2013, 04:07 PM
As far as a buck goes? I would say there is a 95% chance I won't get a shot at one of my target bucks. On the other hand I full well expect to take out a doe opening day.

gonehunting 45
09-25-2013, 05:38 PM
Not a snowballs chance in ____...
I'm setting in a new area opening day. I've walked it a few times. Never put a trail cam out so not sure what's using the area. I do have a few trails running through and 6 white oaks. It will be interesting to see what comes by. Got to love public land
If a nice buck walks by I'll send an arrow. Plus I will have the camera ready.

ed1315
09-25-2013, 09:09 PM
Hi All, New here. I don't expect to get anything on Saturday, I did get close to three does when scouting Last Sunday. 20 feet close and never did spook them. That was with dirty blue jeans and a black tee shirt! But with a bow in hand it is hard to get that lucky. For opening day I am looking for meat.

Z7Mcclain92
09-25-2013, 09:10 PM
I will be sitting in my stand all day Saturday and Sunday on public land, possibly switching stand locations at mid-day. I usually fill one antlerless tag every opening weekend. Not looking to tag a buck till I take my week vacation from Nov 2nd - Nov 9th unless the opportunity presents itself.

Good luck to everyone who goes on out opening weekend!!!

Stickbowcrafter
09-26-2013, 10:37 AM
Definitely rare for me but I would welcome it this year. Just bought a new farm and I have a camp to finish building. I could go for sleeping in on Sunday and driving my hunting buddies nuts with my generator and power tools.

-Brian

offtheground
09-26-2013, 09:11 PM
I'll take a doe if the opportunity comes my way. Really would be shocked if I seen a buck that's on the list.

mrbb
09-26-2013, 09:55 PM
so it seems not too many people here have high hopes of MR big on openig day LOL
yrs back I used to hope it would happen, and now a days I could care less it seems
I hunt in my home state for trespassers more than bucks LOL or it sure feels and seems that way last few yrs!
if one comes along(eather one a buck or trespasser) I do what I can when and if it happens
but no hopes of tagging out on opening day anymore, not this yr for sure!