PDA

View Full Version : Smoke pole

Mightymet
09-17-2013, 06:48 AM
Looking to buy a new muzzle loader. I have never owned one and don't want to spend a ton of money. Any suggestions on an entry level gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

Strother23
09-17-2013, 09:12 AM
I don't have one personally but a friend I hunt with uses a Traditions muzzleloader and loves it. I have shot it also. Seems very nice. Not quite sure the model but I imagine they have different levels of guns.

Mightymet
09-17-2013, 11:57 AM
I don't have one personally but a friend I hunt with uses a Traditions muzzleloader and loves it. I have shot it also. Seems very nice. Not quite sure the model but I imagine they have different levels of guns.

That what my two buddies use I hunt with. They love them. I may just look into getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

00buck
09-17-2013, 03:04 PM
walmart sells cva muzzle loaders right now i think the cheapest is 149

mrbb
09-17-2013, 08:53 PM
there are a LOT of good one's these days
if I was buying one again, I would be buying one with the cerkote finish , its almost rust proof then, a big plus as most all black powers, and there so called sub's is very crossive
thripple 7 is better, and Blackhorn 209 being about the best I have used
and where I would star with on a new gun
there are several makers using this coating on there metal parts, and that would be where I would be looking
I prefer a hing break action too, makes life easier to clean , all the better if the barrel comes off
you DO NOT need a 600 dollar inline to get great groups
good groups are more in how accurate you reolad, doing everything the same
every muzzloader will have one bullet brand and grain it likes best as well as a powder charge that shoots the best
don't get caught up in the hype you need 150 grain charges to kill deer
most barrels are too short to burn all that powder, and all you get is more recoil
I again suggest a decent gun, over the lowest priced one you can find
and there are many in the middle of the road price range to pick from,
cerkote is a coating, and can be added to any gun, later on, but its easier to get it from the factory, and not that huge a price difference
you kinda get what you pay for to a point
buying cheap and not being happy and having to buy again, if you wnat to stay in the sport,
its always cheaper to buy right the first time and be happy!

00buck
09-18-2013, 09:21 AM
i agree thats why i have a tc inline you get what you pay for