PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice..???

db4
09-10-2013, 01:22 PM
I recently just got hunting permission for 24 acres of land in eaton township. well saturday morning i put my trail camera out and tree stand. I went back saturday evening to finish building my blind and i already had 2 pictures of doe. i went back monday and my trail camera was shot up and my ground blind was ripped to shreds. my question is should I still try to bring my climber in there. or should I just not go back there at all.

Griz
09-10-2013, 02:57 PM
If you don't go back, they win! If it were me, I would want to know who. Just be carefull and be smart about it and don't do something stupid. If you know the owner well enough they should be able to help. Good Luck.

mrbb
09-10-2013, 02:58 PM
well here is what I would do
I would go talk to the land owner and tell him what all happened, second I would also call the local game warden and tell him the same
and I might even go and tell local police
for anyone to go and shoot up a camera, and or property , well that's a crime, in all meaning, and odds are this person is that agressive, locals know who he is
camera's are not cheap, and it sucks when a person destroy's one, or property
been there and never liked it
as for going back
well that I guess will come down to you, how good the area is and how far you want to take fighting back, and or dealing with a jerk in the area
go talk to the land owner, I would think they would want to know this stuff is going on, on there lands

Mightymet
09-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Did the sd card survive? Did you get a pic of the shooter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

Stonegod
09-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Well sadly db4 I doubt that contacting the Eaton township police will do you much good.....Eaton township the last I heard doesn't have a police department, it's patroled/protected by the county sheriff's office.....and they're usually useless. They have a large area to cover and not many deputies to do it. Sounds like you've ruffled someone's feathers....someone who hunts the land without permission or hunts nearby that doesn't want the competition from having you hunting near them. I live very near to Eaton (Olmsted township) and my brother use to live in Eaton so I know how things can be out there. I'd certainly wouldn't pull out of that hunting spot!!....like we have here in Olmsted....there are some monster bucks roaming around Eaton. I'd set some cams up again, but this time I'd be looking to get some pics of the creeps that messed your stuff up.....then I'd take it to the sheriff and also take the pics around to the neighbors and the land owner to see if you can ID them. Sounds like "hunting season" has begun early for you!lol I hope you have good luck finding these jerks!!

gonehunting 45
09-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Could be you moved in on someone's location and they don't want the competition or local area kids found and decided to tear your stuff up. I wouldn't let them chase you out I would still hunt it.

Stonegod
09-10-2013, 08:36 PM
Well since his game cam was shot up.....those would be some bad azz kids.lol

nomad_archer
09-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Well if you have a climber make sure you take it in and out with you each time. If its not there they cant mess with it. Next Use your climber to put a game cam or too up in the trees around where your blind was and the messed up camera. say 20' up aiming down at the ground. If they dont see the cam they cant shoot it. I wouldnt be suprised if they came back to see if you took your stuff out. If you can get pictures of them you are in business. Until then I wouldnt leave any stands or blinds out there. Make sure you do everything on the up and up when dealing with them no reason to get into trouble over some a-hole even if their behavior make you want to taking them out back take care of them.

mrbb
09-11-2013, 11:15 AM
aslo don't forget, that pending how much time you get to hunt, might also be a deciding factor
as think about it
if you only get a few days to hunt, and you try hunting there, and some jerk keeps ruining your hunts the first few times or all of them
is hunting there worth the trouble?
again, talk with the owners, and go from there

Big_Holla
09-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Definitely use the climber until you get it resolved. In the meantime you need to contact the landowner first and foremost. Destruction of personal property is what you should be talking to the police department about, whether it's local or sheriff that's what you'll have to find out. Also would be good to contact the game warden in the area just in case you catch them trespassing, etc..

zachc
09-12-2013, 09:55 AM
I like the ideal of using a climber to set up a camera in the tree off of the ground, just make sure you camo it up as much as possible. Another thing you might want add to this sneaky lil set up would be, in the same location that your stuff was destroyed, use some natural brush and build another ground blind (use downed branches and what not that way you dont have to cut any trees up) also its free and you dont have to waste your money on another expensive blind just for them to cut up. Anyways, after you set up a camera, whether on the ground or in a tree, then build the blind right in front of the camera, back out and wait. Chances are that if that you-who comes back and sees that you built another blind hes going to tear it up again, then your in business. Kinda like using a deer decoy on an ole buck, hahaha. Also let the land owner know whats going on, because I would guess he wouldnt want this going on on his property. And DONT back out and leave the property because then that prick wins. Be careful, good luck, and keep all of us posted.

db4
09-15-2013, 06:09 PM
Well I contacted the sheriff and he came out and did a police report and come to find out i knew the sheriff from the place that i work. He took some pics and told me to keep him posted. I also have been keeping touch with the land owner he says that he is going to do everything in his power to make these kids life hell. the son of the guy who owns the property me and him are going out tomorrow and setting up some cameras and I am going to do what ever it takes to catch these jerk offs. this is one thing i dont put up with.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

Stonegod
09-15-2013, 07:53 PM
Good luck getting thoughs fools....keep us posted!

Stickbowcrafter
09-20-2013, 09:19 AM
It gets old hearing these stories. I just will never be able to understand people like that. Good move on calling the law. A lot of people feel like they shouldn't bother the law with things like this or think the law is to busy to help. While that may be true to some degrees, it doesn't hurt to get a report on file and follow up with the officer/deputy. If you stay respectful and patient, most of the law will try to work with you as much as their resources will allow.

-Brian

zachc
09-21-2013, 11:03 PM
Anything new yet? Able to get some pics of these pricks yet?

db4
09-22-2013, 09:31 PM
no pics yet im going out next week to put some more corn out to set them up. my friend has a broken trail camera that he said i can Have. im going to use it for a decoy. I got a new one that i am settign up so the a holes get caught. I hurt my shoulder pretty bad so no hunting for me so i am going to make these peoples lives hell.

zachc
09-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Well first off let me start by saying that's horrific that there's going to be no hunting for you...lol. But I guess if you can't get out and kill some deer why not catch these jokers and make them pay for what they did.

db4
09-23-2013, 09:23 PM
Yea it sucks that I cant hunt but what are you gunna do. thats why they call it life. I contacted my dnr officer and he is going to look into a few things and get back to me. He said he may wanna meet me out there this week or next week sometime to see what happened and to give me some ideas on what i can do to catch the people. and the land owner says if we catch them he is going to every extent of the law to prosecute them for trespassing and damaging property. By the end of the year these jokers lives will be hell because of me since I have nothing better to do now. haha lol

zachc
09-23-2013, 10:01 PM
Right on brother...dang ("Joe dirt")