PDA

View Full Version : What's up there?

alpine
08-26-2013, 08:04 PM
I got this picture on my trail cam I thought it was pretty coolhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/27/ade4yvub.jpg

Sent from my Milestone PLUS using Tapatalk 2

mrbb
08-26-2013, 08:15 PM
cool pic's
I love watching bears climb tree's
its simply amazing how fast and high they will go, from the biggest to the smallest!
they all climb like tree rats

Stonegod
08-26-2013, 08:33 PM
Very neat pic alpine!!

00buck
08-26-2013, 08:53 PM
neat how frequent do deer use trail or do they

alpine
08-26-2013, 08:55 PM
She's trying to get my feeder lol

alpine
08-26-2013, 08:56 PM
Deer do use the trail the bear usually do not stay long

mrbb
08-26-2013, 09:09 PM
I have deer and bears all the time on same trails too
typically they don't care much about each other
in food plots, here, deer will typically push a bear out before the other way, I think bears don't like being out numbered LOL

Mikebaker
08-27-2013, 11:07 PM
What an awesome pic! I love seeing bears on trail cameras. Hunting them is in my bucket list! Maybe next year. ��

Deerhunter
08-31-2013, 08:38 PM
Great picture I am heading back up north next year to get another bear if everything goes by my plans..

00buck
09-01-2013, 07:38 PM
from the looks of the pics coming from PA i might have to try bear hunting soon would love to try it

mrbb
09-02-2013, 10:10 AM
PA is hard bear hunting in most places, due to its illegal to bait them and hunt over bait
EVEN if so many cheaters do so!
which leaves bears a lot of room to wander, an average bears home range is about 20 SQ miles, so they can be here today and gone tomorrow
But now with the early archery season, odds can go up, if you can find a corn field they are hitting, as they will be pertty reliable on coming back every day for food, but the problem is still always what part of the field they will hit, they tnd to move boutand not feed in any one section for long
and archery gear, means you need to be close
the most produuctive ways to hunt Bears in PA is with large well orginazied drives

Not to try to change your desire to try, just being honest, I think last time I read, odds are like 3%, of kill a bear here in PA, per hunter hunting them
not so high, as most places that hunt over bait are at about 60% or higher

00buck
09-02-2013, 11:11 AM
well maybe i should look at places you can hunt over bait not saying i wouldnt give PA a try just with higher success rates it might be a better idea thanks for the input mrbb

mrbb
09-02-2013, 01:54 PM
hey no problem, wsn't trying to talk you out of trying PA, as one HUGE advantage in PA is, we have the largest/heaviest bears on average, so that is a big plus for folks wanting a fullsize mount
500 lb bears are petty common up here and 700 lbs is not un common
I used to feed a bear that was over 800 lbs, only kbnow cause it got hit by a car in spring and was weighted, over 800, and that was coming out of winter, where they figure it lost over a 100 lbs
big ol sissy he was LOl

but hunting here is a lower odds for sure than a baited hunt, by a HUGE factor
and also why you will find very few if any bear outfitters in PA
if we could bait them here , it would be a easy hunt I think, as bears live by there stomach's BIG time, and easy food is as sure a bet as there can be