PDA

View Full Version : Strother Archery?

Strother23
08-26-2013, 03:21 PM
Anyone on here ever hear on them or do you hunt with a Strother bow? Just seeing if I'm alone with this brand. What are some thoughts about Strother?

00buck
08-26-2013, 09:11 PM
nope never heard of them do they have a web site or a local dealer

mrbb
08-26-2013, 09:28 PM
I have heard of them and read a bunch about them, all seems like solid bows
But today there are so many good bows being made , I think its harder to find a bad one than a good one
tech passes so fast in todays hi tec world, staying or making good things seems easier now than every if a maker uses decent components

buckstalker17
08-27-2013, 12:21 AM
i can honesty say i never new that company existed as long as your happy with it thats all that matters

nomad_archer
08-27-2013, 07:47 AM
I've heard a bunch about them they have a pretty strong following. If I remember right the company was started by the same guy that started bowtech. Dont quote me on that but at least thats how I understand it. I havnt bought a new bow in a few years so Im not up to snuff on all of the latest bows out there.

buckstalker17
08-27-2013, 12:40 PM
Are they single cam or binary cams just wondering suppose I could just look it up lol.

Strother23
08-27-2013, 02:04 PM
Binary cams

buckstalker17
08-27-2013, 02:10 PM
I do like me some binary cams. I'm going to give them a look tonight

RajunGajun
08-27-2013, 02:33 PM
I checked one out last year when I was thinking about getting another bow. I remember it very favorably. I remember it was blazing fast. Had a real nice feel to it. I really like my Bowtech so I didn't go for it. Sorry that doesn't help much, but if I had the chance and the cash I would snap one up in a second. There are some decent videos of them out there.

Mightymet
08-30-2013, 10:01 PM
I believe that nomad is correct as far as the owner being from bowtech. The strothers bows are very similar to the bowtech design an shoot just as well I have had the chance to shoot the rath and the moxie. Both are great bows. They use an extremely similar binary cam system like the bowtech. Solid back wall and nice valley. Smooth. I'm not sure where any dealers are. I'm in NE ohio and the only dealer I found around here is set up in his garage. Wasn't impressed. The ones I shot were owned by guys I shoot league with. They are worth a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

BoneMaster
04-07-2014, 12:35 AM
I have a strothers infinity I bought in 2010 that I sold and missed so much I bought it back. it's my back up bow to my chill r buy strothers is one of the best out there. Kevin strother started it after designing bowtech and elites bows and several other companies. he was then fired from his own company a year or so later and he started K&K archery. they never have taken off real well. he is a bow consultant now.