PDA

View Full Version : Opportunity shot

Stonegod
08-25-2013, 01:57 PM
How many of you guys will take a shot at a yote when in your stand/blind deer hunting? Does taking that shot affect your chances of having a successful deer hunt on that day?

buckstalker17
08-25-2013, 02:37 PM
i dont think shooting would affect the day if you go to retrieve the yote on your way out vs retrieving it after you shoot it with all the noise ,movement and scent you would be leaving would most likely effect the hunt, imo when i first started hunting out of a tree stand i shot at the same deer twice before i took her down . so i wouldnt pass it up i will take a flu flu with me when i sit for the day and ill put some fishing line on it, if there is not any action i will try and tag me some squirrels and still have taken deer probably not smart to do but hey I'm terrible at video games

Strother23
08-25-2013, 08:48 PM
It would be very hard to pass up a shot at a coyote in the area. I havnt had that chance but I would def shot and get him at the end of the hunt or the next day. Shouldn't mess up the hunt if you leave him til the hunt is over.

mrbb
08-25-2013, 09:25 PM
I think if you shoot a yote, you are for sure adding more scent, and some deer can be very iffy if they smell a yopte in some places
here where I hunt(in PA) I have lots of yotes and lots of deer, have seen them eating in same fields and ignoring each other50 yrds apart too or less
me I don't shoot yotes till there is a contest, and then its for possible winnings only
I need there help to keep my deer numbers in check, and I like to watch them in action
so no I don't take pop shots at them now a days, yrs back I did, or in places I was asked to
even killed a deer right after killing one once, but think that's NOT the norm

nomad_archer
08-26-2013, 08:41 AM
I would take a shot at them but anyone that has had them come in on them getting a shot with archery gear isnt an easy proposition. They are fast and jumpy critters

00buck
08-26-2013, 11:58 AM
i shot 2 last year with my bow and still have seen deer afterwards so yeah shoot away