PDA

View Full Version : looking for hunter to take a 15 yr with them

mknerem52
08-25-2013, 09:53 AM
Hi im 15 years old and do not really have anyone to take me hunting. I am in medina county and am looking to hunt deer with my crossbow. Any help would be appreciated.

Stonegod
08-25-2013, 01:37 PM
I may be able to help you out, I hunt at my brother's place in litchfield....well it's actually Chatham township....but has a litchfield addresss. I'll run it pass him and see what he saids. Where in medina do you live and do you already have access to hunting land in Medina?

buckstalker17
08-25-2013, 01:43 PM
man i was just going to pm you about this ,, way to step up buddy and help him out i think he had posted before that no one in his family does any hunting and has no where to hunt oyea hes a fellow crossbow hunter

Stonegod
08-25-2013, 02:02 PM
Well he won't be going out with a "deer killing machine" if he does end up going with me.LOL And if he tags a deer before me....I'm DONE helping anyone out!LOL

buckstalker17
08-25-2013, 02:10 PM
i hear you lol ;;;;;; just remind him how long it will take a deer to go down if you shoot through the blind,, buhahahahhah

mknerem52
08-25-2013, 08:20 PM
I may be able to help you out, I hunt at my brother's place in litchfield....well it's actually Chatham township....but has a litchfield addresss. I'll run it pass him and see what he saids. Where in medina do you live and do you already have access to hunting land in Medina?

I live right of 71 and 18 and no sorry I was planning on hunting on public land

00buck
08-26-2013, 11:40 AM
sorry but good luck with your season if you where in central ohio i would be able to help you out

frmrfred
08-28-2013, 06:26 PM
Hey. I'm from that area as well. My folks live on Ridgewood Rd. in Sharon. I have a farm there i hunt and i'm sure i can get you on. Just let me know.

mrbb
08-28-2013, 07:27 PM
you can also try asking your local game warden, these days with so many youth mentoring and all, many state depts have lists of folks willing to help out, and can also try any local archery clubs near you, or just the local archery sporting goods stores
many have boards you can place an add on for free
from being a store owner, I can tell you, most stores have guys with nothing better to do all day than hang out and ,many are pretty decent guys willing to help out
if no one here can help that is
and I know here in PA< many of the instructors doing the hunter safety course's also do mentoring
so can also maybe try contacting a few places that do the class's and ask them if anyone is close to you and willing
best of luck

Toke2
08-28-2013, 10:20 PM
Great to see some of you stepping up and helping out. I was in his shoes growing up - which is why I never hunted until in my mid 30's. Now I'm hooked. I am going to take my oldest this year (12) for the first time... or I would volunteer myself. If there is one thing I've learned it's that most hunters are good folks... I hope someone gets him out and he gets a nice one. I suspect the reward will be just as great for whomever his mentor is! Class acts.