PDA

View Full Version : More Posts In Four Days vs Four Months

hortontoter
08-24-2013, 11:15 AM
Seems funny a team challenge is mentioned, and a little hate and discontent arise and the board comes to life. Seems more like a soap opera than a group of deer hunters. A bit of a shame thats what it takes to get people involved.

buckstalker17
08-24-2013, 11:26 AM
I think it's just a coincidence lol or it's the family feud not sure lol but I am glad your still around HT please don't leave me alone on the site with Stonegod

hortontoter
08-24-2013, 11:32 AM
I'd hardly call it a coincidence. I'm sure you and Geoff will make great Pro Staffers. I'm sure the site would never be dull.

buckstalker17
08-24-2013, 11:42 AM
You know Ht I really be leave that there would be a lot more activity than the regulars posting the site has thousands of members but for some reason they don't want to post I'm not sure if its fear of being ridiculed or laughed at or what I have been a member to some motorcycle site before and I mean they have 2-3 thousand people on there at any given time and they get out of control and I mean fast I think a lot of people see it to and I think that has a lot to do with it I could be wrong

mrbb
08-24-2013, 11:55 AM
well I think its a lot of things ,closer to deer season, the changes here , with folks leaving, and members staying worried how it will change in a few weeks
but there was always a few posts every week
and its hot stick touch topic's that always get the ball rolling, like people leave and what is better than what or how far is too far to shot a bow/arrow at a deer
the right subjects always got lots of reply's
BUT on this site, it always seemed as soon as the feathers started to get ruffled, the Mod's would step in and stop it
I think on other sites they get away with saying a lot more
and many folks here didn't like being told what they can or cannot reply
this is a more famly oriented site, and well, lots of folks/hunters , tend to be more on the older side, and maybe perfer to be able to speak there minds more freely
not evey one here is a family man
and lest not forget, in my eye's a lot of the main players here in last few yrs all had kids, so that surely pulled away there time to spend here, and then when they came back the topics were many times in the middle of debates, some called pissing matches
and said well I don't have time for this and simply moved on, or came on less
and it was again, always the hot topi's that got the most action
and again it is with worries of all the folks that left

hortontoter
08-24-2013, 12:00 PM
I'm sure everyone has reasons for posting or not. I've made a few guys upset in the past, not intentionally though. I just take hunting way to serious. The other day Geoff and I were talking on the phone about full/part time hunters. I was recently at the beach on vacation with the family. Geoff said to me, "I bet you weren't thinking about hunting while at the beach". I simple stated "You, are so wrong".

Hunting, especially deer with my crossbow is what makes me tick. Good, bad or otherwise, I can't help it. I guess I just don't see how people take it casually.

buckstalker17
08-24-2013, 12:09 PM
So them I'm not the only one who drives around and says to himself there's a good place for a stand or I wish I could put a blind in there. And stair into every field I pass hoping to see a giant that I can never hunt.

Stonegod
08-24-2013, 02:29 PM
I'm sure everyone has reasons for posting or not. I've made a few guys upset in the past, not intentionally though. I just take hunting way to serious. The other day Geoff and I were talking on the phone about full/part time hunters. I was recently at the beach on vacation with the family. Geoff said to me, "I bet you weren't thinking about hunting while at the beach". I simple stated "You, are so wrong".

Hunting, especially deer with my crossbow is what makes me tick. Good, bad or otherwise, I can't help it. I guess I just don't see how people take it casually.

Hey Dick!!!....that was a private conversation!!LOL Pro staff???....you got to be kidding me!LOL.....I mostlikely would have to banned myself!!! And buckstalker17....a good guy and site buddy but I just don't see him as a mod/pro staff kind of guy. Now you Dick (hortontotor) I could seriously see as a pro staff member......I think it would be a great move for the site!!......though I know you have no interest in being a pro staff member.

buckstalker17
08-24-2013, 02:38 PM
WHAT THE HELL SG !!!! Make sure I'm the first one you call when your cable goes out in your blind I will run rite over and fix it for ya buddy geeez. Lol

nomad_archer
08-24-2013, 06:41 PM
HT you never hurt my feelings too bad that I didn't deserve. Plus I took too long of a break here due to several reasons but plus I was really getting good at killing threads when I posted in them. But I will come back and play more often now.

buckstalker17
08-24-2013, 06:57 PM
HT you never hurt my feelings too bad that I didn't deserve. Plus I took too long of a break here due to several reasons but plus I was really getting good at killing threads when I posted in them. But I will come back and play more often now. :grouphug:

Redcloud
08-24-2013, 07:34 PM
Seems funny a team challenge is mentioned, and a little hate and discontent arise and the board comes to life. Seems more like a soap opera than a group of deer hunters. A bit of a shame thats what it takes to get people involved.

Just sad IMHO

buckstalker17
08-24-2013, 07:36 PM
Just sad IMHO
why is that ?if it was not for arguing back in forth we would have lost our rights to keep and bare arms
and we would all be hunting game with a spoon to be honest with you that is how topics get resolved but when it becomes personal that is when i have a problem,you would be surprised how much info you can get out of a good debate .so i dont really see it that way it will always take a spark to light a fire...

Redcloud
08-24-2013, 07:41 PM
why is that ?

That it takes a fued to get the board active again. Sad to say that's how a hunting site gets ACTIVE responses.

Back when I first came here I would log in daily and hit new posts only to see a couple, wait a full week and only get maybe 10 threads pop up with new posts. That's why I left and didn't come back. Now I see I few names I have seen on other sites and have gotten to know the real them not the controlled member they once was.

Stonegod
08-24-2013, 07:46 PM

Well if people would stop being drama queens and quite starting threads like this, perhaps things will get back to normal around here or atleast there'll be threads geared towards deer hunting. I really don't see the purpose of posting a thread like this? I just don't get it.....you say you don't like the fighting and bickering.....yet you keep trying to push everyones buttons???

buckstalker17
08-24-2013, 07:51 PM
That it takes a fued to get the board active again. Sad to say that's how a hunting site gets ACTIVE responses.

Back when I first came here I would log in daily and hit new posts only to see a couple, wait a full week and only get maybe 10 threads pop up with new posts. That's why I left and didn't come back. Now I see I few names I have seen on other sites and have gotten to know the real them not the controlled member they once was. ..... oops never mind i know why now have a good day sir

Redcloud
08-24-2013, 09:43 PM
..... oops never mind i know why now have a good day sir

Missed the part you edited out.

Not sure what that was but I do plan on having a good day none the less. Good huntin BS

buckstalker17
08-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Missed the part you edited out.

Not sure what that was but I do plan on having a good day none the less. Good huntin BS

i had posted a response after i had posted it i found out you were a moderator on the other site and im not getting to that again so i dropped it and for the record i looked at the site and i was disappointed when i seen all the cussing and its just a free for all and not a family friendly site so i will stay out of there wow i mean really the co owner cussing like a drunkin sailer no offense meant to the site but no thank you

Redcloud
08-24-2013, 09:57 PM
why is that ?if it was not for arguing back in forth we would have lost our rights to keep and bare arms
and we would all be hunting game with a spoon to be honest with you that is how topics get resolved but when it becomes personal that is when i have a problem,you would be surprised how much info you can get out of a good debate .so i dont really see it that way it will always take a spark to light a fire...

Since I see you like to edit I will add a little more to my reply.

Who made it personal to start with ? If it's a good thing to have a debate then why should it be hidden by PM ? If you want to see who people are then keep it in the open so everybody can see. No editing needed, just put it out there, that my friend is how you see people for who they truly are. Not hiding behind PM's.

Redcloud
08-24-2013, 09:58 PM
i had posted a response after i had posted it i found out you were a moderator on the other site and im not getting to that again so i dropped it and for the record i looked at the site and i was disappointed when i seen all the cussing and its just a free for all and not a family friendly site so i will stay out of there wow i mean really the co owner cussing like a drunkin sailer no offense meant to the site but no thank you

So much for freedom of speech then huh ? Guess we should just turn our guns in now. As far as family friendly goes. We have kids in our hunting contests and our outings.

If the site is not for you then that is fine, nobody forcing you or anybody else to stay or post. Feel free to look and go as you wish.

buckstalker17
08-24-2013, 10:05 PM
nothing wrong with freedom of speech but i mean they dont think that there are no young kids reading any of that i can see some words but man there are f-bombs everywhere in there i say cuss on ill stay out my friend

Big_Holla
08-24-2013, 10:07 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with Redoud and Hortontoter. I wasted the last 6 months trying to go 'all in' on this site and barely got a pulse from everyone from top to bottom involved. Yet when a couple staff members step down some come out of the woodwork and some suddenly come back and start posting like they want to impress someone. I also am disappointed that it finally took something like this to get owner participation, something many of us begged for back in the SplitG2 days!! I wasn't this upset when I stepped down but now seeing the sudden interest just grinds me. Where were you guys when I literally begged for help?!

Big_Holla
08-24-2013, 10:11 PM
well I think its a lot of things ,closer to deer season, the changes here , with folks leaving, and members staying worried how it will change in a few weeks
but there was always a few posts every week
and its hot stick touch topic's that always get the ball rolling, like people leave and what is better than what or how far is too far to shot a bow/arrow at a deer
the right subjects always got lots of reply's
BUT on this site, it always seemed as soon as the feathers started to get ruffled, the Mod's would step in and stop it
I think on other sites they get away with saying a lot more
and many folks here didn't like being told what they can or cannot reply
this is a more famly oriented site, and well, lots of folks/hunters , tend to be more on the older side, and maybe perfer to be able to speak there minds more freely
not evey one here is a family man
and lest not forget, in my eye's a lot of the main players here in last few yrs all had kids, so that surely pulled away there time to spend here, and then when they came back the topics were many times in the middle of debates, some called pissing matches
and said well I don't have time for this and simply moved on, or came on less
and it was again, always the hot topi's that got the most action
and again it is with worries of all the folks that left

Now back when I was asking for help in the brainstorm thread everyone said we always waited too long. Which is it?!?

Redcloud
08-24-2013, 10:12 PM
nothing wrong with freedom of speech but i mean they dont think that there are no young kids reading any of that i can see some words but man there are f-bombs everywhere in there i say cuss on ill stay out my friend

Obviously you have not been around the younger kids of today. Watch any primetime TV show and you will hear/see much worse then the F bomb.

Like I said, if that site is not for you then that is fine. you don't have to do anything you don't want to.

buckstalker17
08-24-2013, 10:19 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with Redoud and Hortontoter. I wasted the last 6 months trying to go 'all in' on this site and barely got a pulse from everyone from top to bottom involved. Yet when a couple staff members step down some come out of the woodwork and some suddenly come back and start posting like they want to impress someone. I also am disappointed that it finally took something like this to get owner participation, something many of us begged for back in the SplitG2 days!! I wasn't this upset when I stepped down but now seeing the sudden interest just grinds me. Where were you guys when I literally begged for help?! wow, what else can i say to that post ''''''''''

hortontoter
08-24-2013, 10:48 PM
Well if people would stop being drama queens and quite starting threads like this, perhaps things will get back to normal around here or atleast there'll be threads geared towards deer hunting. I really don't see the purpose of posting a thread like this? I just don't get it.....you say you don't like the fighting and bickering.....yet you keep trying to push everyones buttons???

I wasn't trying to push anyones buttons. I was just stating the fact of what transpired. I'll wait for you to start the next 3 or 4 interesting threads.

buckstalker17
08-24-2013, 11:11 PM
Obviously you have not been around the younger kids of today. Watch any primetime TV show and you will hear/see much worse then the F bomb.

Like I said, if that site is not for you then that is fine. you don't have to do anything you don't want to. I'm just surprised thats all, i was always told that adults were supposed to led by example but it more like do as i say not as i do kinna a double standard now days. kinna sad when you think about !!!!!!

Redcloud
08-24-2013, 11:43 PM
I'm just surprised thats all, i was always told that adults were supposed to led by example but it more like do as i say not as i do kinna a double standard now days. kinna sad when you think about !!!!!!

Just depends on the kid. I am not the best at watching my mouth around my kids but each of the 3 know better then to let me hear them drop a cuss word. The only one that gets away with it these days is the 20yr old.

The way you say the site is loaded with F-bombs is a little overboard as well and painting a picture that is not full color. Granted there are a few colorful words posted from time to time but for the most part you would be hard pressed to find a cuss word lol.

buckstalker17
08-25-2013, 12:05 AM
Just depends on the kid. I am not the best at watching my mouth around my kids but each of the 3 know better then to let me hear them drop a cuss word. The only one that gets away with it these days is the 20yr old.

The way you say the site is loaded with F-bombs is a little overboard as well and painting a picture that is not full color. Granted there are a few colorful words posted from time to time but for the most part you would be hard pressed to find a cuss word lol.

i dont think it was overboard the only two threads i looked had f bombs 2-3 times in the first page but hey like you said its a free country i respect there rite to say what they want i just have never seen that on any site i have ever been on in my life. im done talking about it i dont try to change anyone i think it would be best to put this whole thread to bed nothing good at all has come out of this more bad feelings than any thing

Big_Holla
08-25-2013, 07:53 AM
I'm just surprised thats all, i was always told that adults were supposed to led by example but it more like do as i say not as i do kinna a double standard now days. kinna sad when you think about !!!!!!

i dont think it was overboard the only two threads i looked had f bombs 2-3 times in the first page but hey like you said its a free country i respect there rite to say what they want i just have never seen that on any site i have ever been on in my life. im done talking about it i dont try to change anyone i think it would be best to put this whole thread to bed nothing good at all has come out of this more bad feelings than any thing

I think when it's appropriate a cuss word or two used in any kind of joking manner will not be the end of the world. I too am guilty of using language around my kids that if they repeat would likely get them in trouble. If used in a degrading way or abusive way then that's when someone should step in and stop it. However, we spent all kinds of time over the years editing people's comments and slapping wrists because they used simple cuss words in their sentences that it just turned people off. I was one of the one's doing the 'patrolling' and it was something to see how most if not all of us can have a normal conversation face to face and a cuss word would slip out and no one would bat an eye, yet on a forum it's enough to find fault with the whole site.

mrbb
08-25-2013, 10:59 AM
Now back when I was asking for help in the brainstorm thread everyone said we always waited too long. Which is it?!?

well I never said anyone aited too long to step in on a hot topic
I perfer to nbe honest for them to stop on there own, unless the subject matter gets really four lettered up
I always found it just as simple to just stop replying or reading posts if I had my fill
never needed a staff memeber to jump in and tell me to move on
NOT against it happening either
I simply saying some thoughts on what I feel has been a reason for slower site traffic over the yrs
same as I did back when help was asked for on how to pick it up
I have been a very active memeber here all YR, offered suggestions, added posts to try to help the site going
I am sure I am not the most liked person here, never tried to be the most liked to be honest, or complained when folks di liked what I posted
its always been my opinions, and I don't expect all to enjoy or agree or even like them
I think thats just simply how life works
cannot please everyone all the time
just try to be honest and up front, and pick and choose what you want to read and or reply to
Big Holla, I respect you, and no hard feelings I hope with my posts
I know you gave it your all
but cannot make mud into wine even with 150 % effort, can only filter out some of the water , clean it up and go from there LOL

00buck
08-26-2013, 11:46 AM
So them I'm not the only one who drives around and says to himself there's a good place for a stand or I wish I could put a blind in there. And stair into every field I pass hoping to see a giant that I can never hunt.

no i am constantly looking for a place to stick a stand or blind in and always looking for deer in the field which is how i hit a doe 2 years ago taking wife and son to breakfast came from other side of the road opps it happens i guess