PDA

View Full Version : Couple of decent bucks.

Mikebaker
08-23-2013, 10:20 PM
Went out to check cameras an ran into these two bucks. Had my video camera with me and got about 15 min of footage before they finally saw us. Not bad bucks at all. Funny thing Is we have no pics of them yet on the spy points? 1027310274

Mikebaker
08-23-2013, 11:58 PM
Another pic of them from the side. One is a 9pt and one is a 10.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/24/susysehy.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/24/a8ubavu2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

zachc
08-24-2013, 12:04 AM
Hot dog! I'm not to proud to hang either of those dudes on my wall. Very nice deer.

buckstalker17
08-24-2013, 11:12 AM
If that is what you consider decent I can imagine what a shooter is lol nice.

hortontoter
08-24-2013, 11:27 AM
I've seen a couple these boys have taken. These need to grow. Some have higher standards than others. In most guys books these are shooters. Many serious hunters pick the best buck in the area to pursue.

mrbb
08-24-2013, 12:06 PM
great bucks and pic's thanks for posting them
and I agree, a shooter is what you want, I try to kill the biggest in my area, as long as it meets my gaol of what I call big enough
and for many yrs that didn't exist here, so 7+ yrs I went without even a target buck or seeing a shooter here
Glad I hunted out of state a lot in them yrs LOL
looks like there in a bean field too
bucks love soybeans from poping out of the ground till there cut and looking for scraps

zachc
08-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Well I agree that if these deer went another year they would turn into giants, granted they make it to next year. But I don't get all the time in the world to hunt, with 3 little ones running around the house I gotta get out when I can. So if I had the land and time of course I would let them go another season. But until then I'd be thrilled.

Mikebaker
08-24-2013, 03:13 PM
I agree, they are nice bucks! And I try to go for a good mature buck. Not really stuck on the score per say (although who doesn't like big bucks) but just a mature buck that's hard to kill. I spent two yrs chasing a buck that would barley break 130". He was a 7 year old that had a spike in one side and 4 on the other. Hardest deer I ever hunted. And he made it thru the season last year. I finally had to just say that if I came accross him while in the stand I'd shoot. It's hard to just pick out one buck if you can't control every aspect of the property. And time or lack of it is the biggest factor.

hortontoter
08-24-2013, 03:42 PM
Well I agree that if these deer went another year they would turn into giants, granted they make it to next year. But I don't get all the time in the world to hunt, with 3 little ones running around the house I gotta get out when I can. So if I had the land and time of course I would let them go another season. But until then I'd be thrilled.

Very understandable statement. Lots of things can be the demise of a deer year to year. I've hunted the same buck for two seasons and he was alive as of July. I've not seen him on camera for over a month, but that is not uncommon. He is the deer I really want again this year. I am lucky enough to be able to hunt anytime I desire and own a small piece of land. If I were in your shoes I'm sure I would make the same statement you did.

00buck
08-26-2013, 11:28 AM
i simply go by if i wont shoot him on opening day i wont shoot him on the last day always looking for a deer bigger than the last one but will shoot smaller ones as i am a meat hunter

buckstalker17
08-26-2013, 12:20 PM
i simply go by if i wont shoot him on opening day i wont shoot him on the last day always looking for a deer bigger than the last one but will shoot smaller ones as i am a meat hunter

I've herd that somewhere before. Lol

00buck
08-26-2013, 12:57 PM
yeah its the way alot of fathers taught there children to hunt at least in my family and alot of the people i hunt with or know also go by this rule

buckstalker17
08-26-2013, 04:42 PM
I herd it from hank parker lol , Mine actually say don't your butt be crying in December when you could have had meat in September !!!!!!