PDA

View Full Version : where has everyone gone?

00buck
08-22-2013, 01:02 AM
where has everyone gone the normal people are not on here any more or not posting

nomad_archer
08-22-2013, 09:38 AM
Im still around I dont know if I am considered a regular but I've been around for awhile. I wander away from this forum after deer season as there is lots to do around the house. My guess is everyone is out getting the last minute things ready for this season and enjoying the wonderful weather we have be having at least in my parts.

Stonegod
08-22-2013, 11:50 AM
One more time guys!.....all of the pro staff and most of the regulars have taken their bows and joined a different site......just checkout the staff section....it lists nobody except the owner.

mrbb
08-22-2013, 12:07 PM
well I'm still here too
and I guess most gave up here with so little amounts of folks here all yr
don't blame them, but I'm still here I guess
if the site goes under, its part of growing pains in life, things happen, what can you do

Stonegod
08-22-2013, 01:19 PM
How you doing mrbb.....it's been awhile since I've been around.

no trespassing
08-22-2013, 02:25 PM
would much rather visit this website than ohiooutdoors. The people on there think they are gods gift to hunting and they worship a certain individual. Makes me sick. Would love to meet jackalope in person.....

hortontoter
08-22-2013, 03:16 PM
would much rather visit this website than ohiooutdoors. The people on there think they are gods gift to hunting and they worship a certain individual. Makes me sick. Would love to meet jackalope in person.....

One shouldn't lump everyone on a web site as being alike. I find that most websites have a few I may not care for. And I'm sure that some do not like me. So be it, but not everyone on Ohio Outdoors or any site think they are Gods gift to hunting.

mrbb
08-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Now you doing mrbb.....it's been awhile since I've been around.

I'm still alive
have had better times, but hanging on
how about yourself
busy at work>?

Stonegod
08-22-2013, 09:10 PM
Yes is been a busy season installing hardscaping/waterfeatures, hortontotor has offered to come up to litchfield in the near future to help me set up my blinds for the season.....now I just need to find a little time to have him come up!LOL

Mikebaker
08-22-2013, 10:08 PM
I'm still here. As it goes, some leave more join. It's tht way in every website it seems. Hope everyone has had a great summer thus far. Season is around the corner!

00buck
08-22-2013, 11:34 PM
well hopefully all the regulars that are still here will give advice to the new guys and gals

ManOfTheFall
08-23-2013, 03:11 AM
I am here. I believe it's like some of the others said. Alot of readying to do and not much time to get on and post right now.

Stonegod
08-23-2013, 06:49 AM
Well from what I've been told, the mods didn't get much input/help from the owner(s) and just got fed up and left....that team challenge prize fiasco a few years age is a good example of the lack of involvement that the owner(s) have......a frigging year+ to get the prizes out??? And with all the trouble on here so far all I've read from the owner(s) is "everything is fine".....seriously??......nothing has been said about the team challenge....or about replacing the mods. They claim everything is just fine (post #10)......but without the regular experienced hunters posting advice etc......this site is doomed to fade away.....I don't see it ever returning to it's former glory....not if the owners maintain their present attitude. The bottom line is that the old regulars....aren't posting because they're "busy" with "work/family" or "getting ready for to season"..... They're not posting here because they've left the site to join another site....it's as plain and simple as that.

Seeker Bp
08-23-2013, 06:58 AM
You hit it right on the head Stonegod... No feedback, now it's like......What's up, I am still here...lmao. What a shame that BHO had several Mods who put every effort forward to make BHO a place that would attract everyone, and there just whisked off like they were nothing......Oh well, such is life in the website world I guess...Bigger and better things...

nomad_archer
08-23-2013, 07:09 AM
Wow I didnt know there was such internal strife here between the site owner and the mods what a shame I really liked the mods and this was my favorite hunting site since it was small enough that you got to feel like everyone was family.

Mikebaker
08-23-2013, 07:15 AM
Like I said in a previous post. The challenge prizes wasn't lack of trying on our end. It was up to the companies to ship directly to the winners. As far as the website goes, it's here to stay. People come and go all the time. We hated to see the ones go but they did what they felt they had to do. I wish them well! somethings run its course and change is inevitable. Summer is always slow. Season is around the corner and things should pickup.

hortontoter
08-23-2013, 07:38 AM
Wow I didnt know there was such internal strife here between the site owner and the mods what a shame I really liked the mods and this was my favorite hunting site since it was small enough that you got to feel like everyone was family.

Until one knows both sides of the story, no need to comment about the owners/mods situation.

I'm a busy guy too, but find time to read new posts most every day.

Not picking on you nomad, but if you enjoy the small family like atmosphere, why not drop in an post a time or three over the summer. I'm thinking you probably don't go 4-5 months without enteracting with your "family". That is my biggest beef with some guys on the site. They only show up in archery season and then "poof" they are gone. If guys would stick around all year they would know the site has been in a bit of turmiol for the last six months or so.

A thread was posted a few months ago as to how to revive the site. Problem was the guys that enjoy it from Sept. to Jan. were no where to be found to give any input.

I have no stake in this site, but hate to see the way it is falling apart. I'm sure I will always be here posting, but it is hard to think of this site as my home base.

Big_Holla
08-23-2013, 08:13 AM
When I joined the staff many years ago it was because I felt like I was really part of something, something that could be big. Several years ago one of the best members out there, and several other subsequent members/staff, got burned out trying to do much of the same things I was trying to accomplish this past year. The biggest thing that frustrated me was trying to get help from top to bottom and no one stepping up to lend me a hand. I kept hearing 'winter....spring....summer time it's the slow time and people are busy' but so many of the other forums I belong to were bustling with business. This site used to be some of that at one time, no one can deny that. I decided a while back to post up to our staff and owners a plea for help since the Team Challenge was right around the corner. Nothing. I asked about cancelling the challenge and not a peep. That was when I decided I needed to have fun this year during deer season, not play catch up with pictures and many people that would frustrate me to no end on just getting the information I needed to put a simple post of THEIR deer in a contest that meant nothing. Thank God for SeekerBP last year as I don't think I ever could have gotten through it without him lending a hand then.

You hit it right on the head Stonegod... No feedback, now it's like......What's up, I am still here...lmao. What a shame that BHO had several Mods who put every effort forward to make BHO a place that would attract everyone, and there just whisked off like they were nothing......Oh well, such is life in the website world I guess...Bigger and better things...

I wasn't shocked that within minutes of saying I wanted to be released from staff that the site from my 'eyes' changed and I was instantly a regular member. I did expect that. However, my thread mentioning that I stepped down was instantly removed and I kind of felt kicked in the gut. I didn't drag names through the mud and after all that I thought I had done for the owners and site over the years I realized, like many had told me, that I felt used.

Like I said in a previous post. The challenge prizes wasn't lack of trying on our end. It was up to the companies to ship directly to the winners. As far as the website goes, it's here to stay. People come and go all the time. We hated to see the ones go but they did what they felt they had to do. I wish them well! somethings run its course and change is inevitable. Summer is always slow. Season is around the corner and things should pickup.

I do believe you tried to get prizes. I also believe you guys likely felt that too many members expected them without much gratitude for your efforts. That is where I have always said though, participate in YOUR forum and people would get to know the real YOU! Unfortunately this has had to happen to get your interaction, something I had hoped for for quite some time.

Stonegod
08-23-2013, 08:46 AM
Thanks guys for your postings.....hopfully they wouldn't be deleted!.....it was nice to see you all posting again.....even if it may have been for the last time.....I wish all you guys the best of luck this season!!!!.....if you hear whooping and hollering off in the distance.....you'll know I finally got one.lol......oh.....and I'd like to thank all the old mods for all they did while on the site!!!!

nomad_archer
08-23-2013, 09:13 AM
Until one knows both sides of the story, no need to comment about the owners/mods situation.

I'm a busy guy too, but find time to read new posts most every day.

Not picking on you nomad, but if you enjoy the small family like atmosphere, why not drop in an post a time or three over the summer. I'm thinking you probably don't go 4-5 months without enteracting with your "family". That is my biggest beef with some guys on the site. They only show up in archery season and then "poof" they are gone. If guys would stick around all year they would know the site has been in a bit of turmiol for the last six months or so.

A thread was posted a few months ago as to how to revive the site. Problem was the guys that enjoy it from Sept. to Jan. were no where to be found to give any input.

I have no stake in this site, but hate to see the way it is falling apart. I'm sure I will always be here posting, but it is hard to think of this site as my home base.

As I said I didnt know about the owners/mods situation but from what was mention in this thread it did seem good and was a shame thats all nothing more nothing less.

As for posting in the summer I swing by now and again and there is nothing that interests me and therefore I dont post. I dont typically start threads I just comment now and again. This site in and of itself is self limiting. BowhuntingOhio.com and most of the action is around deer hunting. I would love to post all summer about my other hobbies on here but they just dont get the responses. I may get 2 replies to a question in the firearms section or very little in any other sub forum other than the deer hunting section. So that is why many people go to other forums during the summer. If I wanted to talk about what I am currently doing and seek information about it this just isnt the place to learn about sporting clays, or shotguns, reloading, chainsaws and firewood cutting. It just isnt. I would love it if it was but there is little to no action on this site in any areas other than the deer hunting forum and until that changes people are going to wander away in the off season. I dont have alot to add to the 3 threads that are posted a month in june or july. I understand these are both our opinions and I dont want to start a pissing match its just where I am coming from good bad or ugly. I respect your opinion and you do have a point, I wish I did have something to add in the off season but I dont. well unless you want to talk chainsaws or shotguns.

Big_Holla
08-23-2013, 09:40 AM
Now see that is where I disagree on the limitations of this site. In years past we would have so many threads and posts on shed antlers for late winter. Then would come the turkey season, heck this place would normally be hopping that time of year....oh don't forget about the mushrooms. Then minerals and velvet antler pictures would keep us going well into summer. Not to mention people's food plot topics. This year has been a bust and anyone that says otherwise is kidding themselves. Heck, I'd post up some pics along with mrbb and Hortontoter and we'd be lucky if we even get a reply!!! NEVER used to be like that.

I just ran out of steam on my end and I just wished others involved in the site would have stepped up to add to things instead of saying it will get busier now that Fall is near. I just hate to think of all the heart I put into this place and what it always has meant to me and the fact that it DID go unnoticed!!

nomad_archer
08-23-2013, 10:06 AM
holla I appreciate everything that you and the other mods have done. So dont get me wrong I have now ill will or criticism towards you.

We used to have alot of traffic I particularly remember reading huge posts from split_g2 and he always found a ton of sheds. So Im not sure what happened this past year and I will take some responsibility for that since I disappeared. I guess instead of talking about what it used to be like. I would like to be part of the solution.

mrbb
08-23-2013, 11:16 AM
Big Holla, I wouldn't say your hard work went un noticed
or un appreciated, cause I think it did get both, ONLY it was just by the few folks that were still active all yr
I know I appreciated it
you gave it a lot to improve things here, and get more action
But sadly , this site lost its biggest talkers I think, I think it was a combo of things, from how life takes up time they used to have to spend here, and well folks get burned out after hunting season, and get tired of talking hunting
it was the die hards that I feel hung out here, and hung out here due to enjoying the talking back and forth and sharing info yr round
and the main reason, is I think this site just had a lot fewer members as to other sites that stay active all yr
I am on a few forums besides this, and even there I personally find its about 4-6 guys that are active every day on them, BUT there seems to be a ton of folks that chim in on and as new members looking for help on something
and then it picks up speed
the folks that seem to come on this site the most, always seemed to be folks that were experienced hunter, needing less help
they came here to see how hunting was going, more than to socialize and become friends
this was a very informative site, and still I hope will be, when it comes to hunting action in Ohio
its prime criteria, thus the name, Bow hunting Ohio
and when folks search for hunting ohio info, it comes up, they check it out , as most hunters(thats a fact, its a small percentage that live it all yr as to pure numbers of hunters)
are last minute hunters, they wait till its either here or just about to start to get ready, and hunt a few days a yr and try to time hunts based on the best times to go
thus why so many use us as a time line to go here
get that info, chim in a little, and go away
the few folks here that stayed active more or les all yr
I enjoyed, I never really cared if no one replyed to some of my posts, as I alwyas seen, most got a lot of views, and to be honest, no reply was really needed
and the regulars normally did reply, and those were the people I really posted for anyways
I think more replys might have been nicer at times, but it never mattered to me enough to worry about it
the hunting reports , the action in hunting season, was always my favorites on this site
and still expect them to be pretty good , even with so many that left

Mikebaker
08-23-2013, 12:16 PM
I agree with mrbb. Nothing the staff did every went unnoticed. I have no hard feelings toward chuck or Kurtis for moving on. I hope they still find time to visit. We have a long history together and hope the friendships doesn't end. Thanks again guys for all you've done.

hortontoter
08-23-2013, 12:34 PM
I must agree with Stan. The effort the mods put forth wasn't unnoticed by those of us that hang out here on a very regular basis.

I understand the frustrations they had over things as simple as one doing what was needed to enter a kill in the team challenge. It wasn't rocket science. The fact is some guys took the lackadasical approach and it showed.

I didn't repond to every poster, for various reasons.

And like Chuck said, the site used to be full of chat most of the year.

If I got nothing else from this site, I got the chance to share knowledge, tell and read hunting stories, see some great bucks, both on trail cameras and with the hunter grinning ear to ear. But, most of all I have met some really great guys that will be my friends for life.

ernie
08-23-2013, 03:38 PM
I enjoy coming to the site to read what is going on in the state of ohio. I like keeping up with the rut thread for obvious reasons. Used to try to post a little here and there...but didn't get much in the way of replies...probably because I'm a non resident (which is understandable). Now I pretty much come here just to read what is going on out there...

00buck
08-23-2013, 04:34 PM
i greatly appreciate what seeker and big holla have done holla told me how to post pics gave advice all year long hell seeker told me how to correct my form by bending at the waist while using my compound bow as i really had not used one much and am great full to have had that as my father wasnt into archery and i am not saying that others didnt help or give advice but until these individuals left/quit posting i never knew who the owners where and i hope you guys post still and are active on this site as for admin/owners i think it is time for the to be active on this site and maybe get to know the other members

blackbeard
08-24-2013, 02:27 AM
I'm still a member and will chime in from time to time and look forward to getting together for a winter campout with the friends I've made on here. I just got tired of being called pro staff when it all it meant was my bio and photo got posted under staff. Staff needed feedback from the owners and staff deserved to have their posts, messages, and texts responded to by the owners. Staff put a lot of work into making this site what it was, and a little communication and occasional discount would have gone a long way. I haven't been as active for almost four years since I had my first son, then second son, but I also put a lot of work into the first few team challenges. They are a lot of work as Big Holla said, been there done that. Bottom line is I just want to talk bowhunting with bowhunters so I will now do that a little here and a little more elsewhere. Good luck to you all and I look forward to reading about and seeing your deer this year.

keekeerun
08-24-2013, 03:30 AM

Carefull what you wish for "Little Man"

no trespassing
08-24-2013, 07:37 AM
Carefull what you wish for "Little Man"

Hmmmm...must have hit a nerve huh? Fact stands...if I ever met jackalope in person I would tell him just what I think of him. He sure has no problems telling me over the internet.

Looks can be very deceiving....by the way hello jackalope...

Farmboy
08-24-2013, 08:40 AM
Is now the time to use the "popcorn" comment that everyone throws out there when things get interesting

jackalope
08-24-2013, 10:02 AM
Hmmmm...must have hit a nerve huh? Fact stands...if I ever met jackalope in person I would tell him just what I think of him. He sure has no problems telling me over the internet.

Looks can be very deceiving....by the way hello jackalope...

That wasn't me buddy. But i greatly look forward to our convo. I had no problem telling you why you got banned. None at all. You are one of only three people to have ever been banned from TheOhioOutdoors. People think you're an ass. And the members moderate the site via a voting system not me. Ive never made a decision to ban anyone, they have. It's not their fault they think youre an ass, they only know what you have shown them. After you got banned you signed back up under another name. Despite it being against the rules I let it slide. I thought maybe you got off on the wrong foot with your first impression and dug a hole for yourself. But it wasn't to last. Within 20 posts you showed your true colors again letting your mouth overload your ass again. People noticed and busted you out. Funny you blame me and them. Yet people were able to pick you out under another name simply by the assholish method by wich you post. You have nobody to blame but yourself.

nomad_archer
08-24-2013, 10:37 AM
no trespassing and jackalope... keep it family friendly or take it offline.

buckstalker17
08-24-2013, 10:49 AM
You guys need to Handel this in a pm nobody really needs to hear all this nonsense keep it clean or keep it to yourself

mrbb
08-24-2013, 12:13 PM
well I again see no real issue with what was said, its just words folks, no over PG 13 so far so??
let them play
don't like it, skip there replys
I think over patrolling this site is what has maybe caused some folks to leave too
as a open forum should allow for some back and forth if you ask me
and hey, some times this back and forth truely shows folks colors
and then we all can make better judgements about future things to be posted
then again, I am maybe not the one to say so
I don't ever get offended, I learned yrs ago words cannot hurt me on a forum?
LOL

jackalope
08-24-2013, 12:19 PM
You guys need to Handel this in a pm nobody really needs to hear all this nonsense keep it clean or keep it to yourself

I have nothing to handle. My members have banned him twice from my site due to him being an ass, and things are much better without him. We have an absolute awesome member base that doesnt appreciate his garbage. But I'm not going to let just his side be told on another site while he tries to slander something that's really his fault. I apologize if the word ass is offensive to some here but there isn't really another word to describe his posts. I didn't think it wasn't family friendly as its even used on the Disney channel. And i sometimes forget some places have more rules than my forum where its not a big deal. At any rate. You have my apologies. I've said my rebuttal to his post and ill leave it at that.

buckstalker17
08-24-2013, 12:33 PM
I don't think it was over patrolling this is two guys going after each other personally nothing else so I believe if they want to go at it that's just fine but do it in a pm I be leave that is how a lot of site get out of control and even the owners won't be Abel to Handel it. Just my 2 cents

nomad_archer
08-24-2013, 01:37 PM
I don't think it was over patrolling this is two guys going after each other personally nothing else so I believe if they want to go at it that's just fine but do it in a pm I be leave that is how a lot of site get out of control and even the owners won't be Abel to Handel it. Just my 2 cents

The language doesn't bother me in the slightest. People going back and forth and having heated discussion about the topic at hand is just fine by me. I dont mind people calling someone out on there opinion especially when it is bs. But I just didn't want this thread to get way way off topic and turn into a pissing match. Doesn't seem like it is going that way so carry on.

Stonegod
08-24-2013, 02:41 PM

I agree with you stalker!!....if jackolope has to come over here then he should keep his crap in the form of a PM and not on the open forum. He's the co-owner of a competitive site and has no business airing his thoughts over here......period. I do belong to his site, but rarely go on there and when I do I have the common courtesy not to bring BHO business over there. If someone tried doing the crap he's doing on here over on his site.....the crap would be hitting the fan.

no trespassing
08-24-2013, 02:52 PM
been a member of BHO for sometime now. Never had an issue. Go to the other site and voice your opinion and you become an AH. Tell it the way it is and people can't take it. That's fine...don't need that website.

jackalope
08-24-2013, 03:40 PM
I agree with you stalker!!....if jackolope has to come over here then he should keep his crap in the form of a PM and not on the open forum. He's the co-owner of a competitive site and has no business airing his thoughts over here......period. I do belong to his site, but rarely go on there and when I do I have the common courtesy not to bring BHO business over there. If someone tried doing the crap he's doing on here over on his site.....the crap would be hitting the fan.

I didnt bring TOO business here. A member here did. And if one of the former members here decides to run down BHO and its owners on my site it wouldnt be viewed positively by the other members as its just drama. I have never viewed TOO as being a competitor to BHO or any other site. People are free to go where they like, as such I have no method to be competitive. Members make the site and members have dree will to go where they want. As such i have no way of being "competitive". We simply coexist and I try to make it a place people enjoy visiting. But If someone is going to run me and my forum down in a public setting with lies then I have every right to respond and let my side be known. It is illogical to believe that such a post about me can be made in public, yet i am expected to share my defense of myself and forum in private. I did not show up here to start anything. My post was a reply to something already said about me and I have every right to defend myself and my reputation from lies. As for how such a thing would be handled over on my forum. We have about the most drama free forum I've ever visited. Partially because we wouldn't let blatant personal attacks and threats like the original one posted here stand. If an admin has an issue with my defense of myself then he is more than welcome to delete my post as well as the original personal attack to which I replied in my defense

jackalope
08-24-2013, 03:47 PM
been a member of BHO for sometime now. Never had an issue. Go to the other site and voice your opinion and you become an AH. Tell it the way it is and people can't take it. That's fine...don't need that website.

Still incorrect. Tell it the way it is and being a pot stirrer is two different things. You had two accounts. And both times you led yourself down that path. Like I said. You are one of only two people to have ever been banned on a forum that tripples the activity here and doubles that of OS. That tells me the problem isn't the site, the problem isn't others. Its you. Just as you decide to come here and post untruths in an attempt to start issues on two sites where there have never been any in the past. You're a pot stirrer. We dont have near the drama others do. Maybe thats why its so popular. Frankly I'm happy you found somewhere that'll tolerate it. this is the last post ill make on this topic. I've said my piece and people can believe who they wish.

hortontoter
08-24-2013, 03:50 PM
I belong to both sites, use the same name on both also. I see no reason I can't share hunting knowledge and stories on two public forums.

I have to side with jackalope on this one. If I get attacked in public, I'm fighting in public, plain and simple. I know nothing of the issue at hand so just stating how I would react.

Stonegod
08-24-2013, 04:52 PM
I belong to both sites, use the same name on both also. I see no reason I can't share hunting knowledge and stories on two public forums.

I have to side with jackalope on this one. If I get attacked in public, I'm fighting in public, plain and simple. I know nothing of the issue at hand so just stating how I would react.

The big difference between you and jackolope posting on here is that he's the owner of another hunting site and is just here to stir up trouble. The fact that you Dick are a member of both sites and most on both sites has no nothing to do with whats going on. Jackolope, being the owner of another competitive site simply doesn't belong on this site.....period! I don't recall any posts by jackolope about hunting etc......just posts stirring up trouble and as you know Dick this site doesn't need anymore trouble makers.

jackalope
08-24-2013, 05:03 PM
The big difference between you and jackolope posting on here is that he's the owner of another hunting site and is just here to stir up trouble. The fact that you Dick are a member of both sites and most on both sites has no nothing to do with whats going on. Jackolope, being the owner of another competitive site simply doesn't belong on this site.....period! I don't recall any posts by jackolope about hunting etc......just posts stirring up trouble and as you know Dick this site doesn't need anymore trouble makers.

Please explain to me how I posted to "stir up trouble" by replying to a post that was made to attack me? How was my intention to "stir up trouble" by defending myself against a person slandering me and my site. Wouldn't it make more sense that the original posters intention to stir the pot and start trouble. Which ironically was posted by a person who has been banned twice from my site for that exact reason. I have never had any animosity or desire to start trouble here. Matter of factly a year ago when someone tried to hack my site I sent the owners here an email with the attackers IP address so they could block them before they tried here. That's just being a good neighbor.

buckstalker17
08-24-2013, 05:43 PM
I feel as a member to a few different site that the actions of the moderator / owner of a site will tell me a lot about them and there site and for you a co owner of another site to even post on here is Appalling and disrespectful to the owners of this site and for me your web site is something that I will never want to be a part of and I will discourage anyone from joining it just based on your actions today so if you would you just stick to running your site and start being a little more respectful and just get over your hurt feelings I'm sure that you are not 5 years old my friend.

hortontoter
08-24-2013, 05:49 PM

I think he has the same right to post here as you and I. Just because he is affiliated with another site doesn't mean anything in my eyes. And I do not see the sites competeing with one another. No one has bribed me to be on one and stay off the other. If he had come here to try to drum up members to leave this site to join his that would be out of line, but thats not the case. He simply is stating his side of the story. If he was stirring the pot, Lord knows he wouldn't be the first. To me it is just another disagreement between two people.

I still say shooting at deer over 40 yards with archery equipment is unethical, I'm sure everyone is in agreement. Lets discuss this.

Mikebaker
08-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Well, I don't know the whole story here and I'm probably better off not knowing at this point. The bottom line is I don't want anyone getting bashed here. There's two sides to every story so I won't judge. I say let it go! Hopefully everyone involved will agree. It's not worth the fight. As for OTT? We have never felt them to be competition as well. Completely different member base. I have no problems with them and have always welcomed there members here as they have some of ours. In fact they was members here before they started. At the end of the day it's not about getting back its about GIVING back and there's deffinitly not enough of that now days. I vote for peace and having fun! :iagree:

jackalope
08-24-2013, 06:11 PM
I feel as a member to a few different site that the actions of the moderator / owner of a site will tell me a lot about them and there site and for you a co owner of another site to even post on here is Appalling and disrespectful to the owners of this site and for me your web site is something that I will never want to be a part of and I will discourage anyone from joining it just based on your actions today so if you would you just stick to running your site and start being a little more respectful and just get over your hurt feelings I'm sure that you are not 5 years old my friend. And I'm pretty sure that you are the only person in the history of the BHO camp out that was asked to leave because of your actions. !!!!!!! And yes I know all about it.

You have me confused my friend. I was never asked to leave a camp out. I have never been to a BHO function. Sorry. You have me confused with someone else.

buckstalker17
08-24-2013, 06:14 PM
I think he has the same right to post here as you and I. Just because he is affiliated with another site doesn't mean anything in my eyes. And I do not see the sites competeing with one another. No one has bribed me to be on one and stay off the other. If he had come here to try to drum up members to leave this site to join his that would be out of line, but thats not the case. He simply is stating his side of the story. If he was stirring the pot, Lord knows he wouldn't be the first. To me it is just another disagreement between two people.

I still say shooting at deer over 40 yards with archery equipment is unethical, I'm sure everyone is in agreement. Lets discuss this.

WHAT!!!!!!!! How is shooting a deer at 40yrads unethical HT ?????

jackalope
08-24-2013, 06:19 PM
Well, I don't know the whole story here and I'm probably better off not knowing at this point. The bottom line is I don't want anyone getting bashed here. There's two sides to every story so I won't judge. I say let it go! Hopefully everyone involved will agree. It's not worth the fight. As for OTT? We have never felt them to be competition as well. Completely different member base. I have no problems with them and have always welcomed there members here as they have some of ours. In fact they was members here before they started. At the end of the day it's not about getting back its about GIVING back and there's deffinitly not enough of that now days. I vote for peace and having fun! :iagree:

I agree. Thank you. I have never viewed you guys as competition or with ill will. Really we're just neighbors. I went back and looked for that email where I sent you guys some IPs as a heads up from the person who tried to hack me. I sent it to Chris. Didn't get a reply though. If I notice any security stuff over on TOO ill be sure to shoot y'all an email. Thanks again. Joe

Stonegod
08-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Completely different member base. I have no problems with them and have always welcomed there members here as they have some of ours. In fact they was members here before they started. :iagree: LOL....their "member base" IS BHO's old member base......now I'm done with this thread.

nomad_archer
08-24-2013, 06:34 PM
WHAT!!!!!!!! How is shooting a deer at 40yrads unethical HT ?????

No no no the key is over 40 yards 41 yards is a no go. But on that note my bow is so fast that I can shoot 10-80 yards with one pin and my arrows are like death ray laser beams when they hit the deer they are dead right there and never take another step. :smash:

Stonegod
08-24-2013, 06:39 PM
I agree with you Dick, shooting a deer at 40 is unethical.......39 is fine though.

buckstalker17
08-24-2013, 06:54 PM
No no no the key is over 40 yards 41 yards is a no go. But on that note my bow is so fast that I can shoot 10-80 yards with one pin and my arrows are like death ray laser beams when they hit the deer they are dead right there and never take another step. :smash: really guys i just wanna :puke: on this one i will take a 60 yard shot and never think twice about it

blackbeard
08-24-2013, 11:02 PM

Ditto, well said

buckstalker17
08-25-2013, 12:42 AM
I think that everyone had spoken there peace now so I hope all this is over and done with. honestly it gave a good view of some guys that I had thought were very good guys but once you take the bindings off it is what it is.

Big_Holla
08-25-2013, 07:37 AM
LOL....their "member base" IS BHO's old member base......now I'm done with this thread.

Unfortunately that isn't the case. Over the years I have watched both BHO, OS and TOO go through the growing pains of forum membership. Sure some members have migrated over there from BHO over the years but in general it started from people tired of the same old same forum bull crap from many sites. There you will find active membership from top to bottom which is what is so attractive. Heck, when I was asking many questions about tuning they were the ones offering to lend a hand and even offered to spend some time with me fixing my problems with my bow.

I think that everyone had spoken there peace now so I hope all this is over and done with. honestly it gave a good view of some guys that I had thought were very good guys but once you take the bindings off it is what it is.

How true....how true........

buckstalker17
08-25-2013, 08:19 AM
Unfortunately that isn't the case. Over the years I have watched both BHO, OS and TOO go through the growing pains of forum membership. Sure some members have migrated over there from BHO over the years but in general it started from people tired of the same old same forum bull crap from many sites. There you will find active membership from top to bottom which is what is so attractive. Heck, when I was asking many questions about tuning they were the ones offering to lend a hand and even offered to spend some time with me fixing my problems with my bow.

How true....how true......... So no one here tried to help you man I will call bs !!!!!!! on this one !!!!! I get that you want to leave and that's your decision but don't try and act like no one here tried to help. Really!!!!!!!!!!! That sounds more like you are trying to justify why you are leaving now grant it we the members don't know what goes on with the staffing end of a web site but after the whole tuning topic then to act like no one tried to help I find that just insulting

Big_Holla
08-25-2013, 08:57 AM
. So no one here tried to help you man I will call bs !!!!!!! on this one !!!!! I get that you want to leave and that's your decision but don't try and act like no one here tried to help. Really!!!!!!!!!!!

Fact of the matter is I have never said I wanted to leave. I was simply done with the politics of trying to actually get things done here and to help to increase membership. You are the one on a high horse to try to slam another site that actually is out there helping people. I am defending that with this post. Until you actually take an objective view as to what really goes on on other sites such as TOO then you really don't know what is going on there.

Call BS all you want, yes here I did get some advice on things to check, I never denied that and thank you to all. Shame on you for trying to twist my words into something they weren't. There I actually had offers of having them take a look at it and to teach me how to do things on my own. I received several .pdf files, PM's and comments on tuning and everything from several of the members there. Many things I still cannot do simply because I don't have the equipment but I certainly have a better understanding of tuning now. I ended up spending well over 2 hours at a member's house having him walk me through the tuning process and paper tuning my bow. That was help and that is what I am defending. Could you have helped me in the same way? Possibly, and if you did and someone came on here saying the site you belong to is trash then I would be defending you and yours as well.

buckstalker17
08-25-2013, 09:14 AM
I do have a clear and objective view I gave the site a view and for me it is a no go I do see a lot of names there that are members here more than I expected its no big deal though I let my nephews get on this site and look around all the time but there is no way I could ever let them on that site with the cussing that goes on that's the view I got it is not a assumption it is a fact I seen it more than once there was no twisting of your words sir frankly you didn't even mention anyone here even tried to help. So I feel no reason to be ashamed

Big_Holla
08-25-2013, 09:20 AM
I do have a clear and objective view I gave the site a view and for me it is a no go I do see a lot of names there that are members here more than I expected its no big deal though I let my nephews get on this site and look around all the time but there is no way I could ever let them on that site with the cussing that goes on that's the view I got it is not a assumption it is a fact I seen it more than once there was no twisting of your words sir frankly you didn't even mention anyone here even tried to help. So I feel no reason to be ashamed

Yeah you twisted my words and that's OK, I understand it's something you feel you need to do for some reason. You forget that you were bashing the site and I defended it. Didn't have to say anything more and I didn't have to go through and list the replies I did get here.

buckstalker17
08-25-2013, 10:14 AM
If you consider me stating a fact that there is a lot of cussing bashing then so be it that was all that was said. Now if you be leave any different than you have got it twisted. So if you need to feel that you have to defend them for me stating a fact then that is on you what about your comment about you saying all these people all the sudden posting like we are trying to prove something ? Now did I get that twisted or are you bashing fellow members for doing what you was wanting which was posting ?

Big_Holla
08-25-2013, 10:43 AM
If you consider me stating a fact that there is a lot of cussing bashing then so be it that was all that was said. Now if you be leave any different than you have got it twisted. So if you need to feel that you have to defend them for me stating a fact then that is on you what about your comment about you saying all these people all the sudden posting like we are trying to prove something ? Now did I get that twisted or are you bashing fellow members for doing what you was wanting which was posting ?

Fact vs. opinion is always up for interpretation. My opinion is that there isn't a lot of cussing and bashing going on over there. Fact, a couple members suddenly started posting here when there was a vacuum created when staff stepped down, one even came back after stating he was done for good with the site.

What I wanted was help and all I got was being ignored. I couldn't see running the Team Challenge without the help that I had been asking for, it wouldn't have been a very fun year again. That is why I stepped down. Now that you have stepped up to run things then you will soon see what that is like.

mrbb
08-25-2013, 10:49 AM
well I find all this back and forth so silly!
cannot we all just agree to dis agree, and move on
people can and will do as they please
like I said before
its just words from people online, do sweat the little things in life
many great folks here, even if we disagree
still doesn't mean the foolks here are good or bad, takes all kinds to make a site interesting and active if you ask me

buckstalker17
08-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Fact vs. opinion is always up for interpretation. My opinion is that there isn't a lot of cussing and bashing going on over there. Fact, a couple members suddenly started posting here when there was a vacuum created when staff stepped down, one even came back after stating he was done for good with the site.

What I wanted was help and all I got was being ignored. I couldn't see running the Team Challenge without the help that I had been asking for, it wouldn't have been a very fun year again. That is why I stepped down. Now that you have stepped up to run things then you will soon see what that is like.

I have no doubts it won't be easy with the challenge by my self I knew that when I started it that is one of the main reasons for only having 2 teams but I like the team challenge so I knew at least this year it was the only way it was going to happen so I hope you and others join in if not i can understand. But you just need to know that my beliefs on they way sites should be are because of you my friend not allowing cussing to much extent and not really allowing personal attacks. So big holla you created this monster my friend.

Curran
08-25-2013, 11:27 AM
I feel as a member to a few different site that the actions of the moderator / owner of a site will tell me a lot about them and there site and for you a co owner of another site to even post on here is Appalling and disrespectful to the owners of this site and for me your web site is something that I will never want to be a part of and I will discourage anyone from joining it just based on your actions today so if you would you just stick to running your site and start being a little more respectful and just get over your hurt feelings I'm sure that you are not 5 years old my friend.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

longdraw
08-25-2013, 11:37 AM
Wow,I been on here since '06 and never seen so much action in a negative posts,,,whats getting accomplished in this

buckstalker17
08-25-2013, 11:41 AM
Wow,I been on here since '06 and never seen so much action in a negative posts,,,whats getting accomplished in this

Actually nothing at all it's hard to be leave one post started all this. This just needs to go away and get back to hunting.

Mikebaker
08-25-2013, 12:40 PM
Actually nothing at all it's hard to be leave one post started all this. This just needs to go away and get back to hunting.

I agree! Non productive!

shaggy
08-25-2013, 01:24 PM
I am a member of both sites. Not going to say what my screen name is on TOO, (I'm sure someone will figure that out).
A couple weeks ago i noticed a few familiar names that I recognized from this site and thought it was cool that there were others who dont see a need to dedicate themselves to just one forum.

Granted I dont post here much because ,as stated before, it is pretty slow around here any time other than deer season. I have other interests and there is normally some discussion about fishing, camping, hiking, mushrooms... all year round.

I stopped in for a bit and found this thread, and all i can say is WOW....

...Just wow!!

whats with all the hard feelings. There are some great guys with a lot to give on both sites. But this kind of quarreling is hard to believe over some sort of imagined, nonexistant "competition" No need to start bashing each other over something as trivial as a website.

Oh, by the way, I would gladly take a 40+ yard shot in an open area without any obstructions. i double lunged a deer at 43 yards last year. If you practice at that yardage you should feel plenty confident.

Big_Holla
08-25-2013, 02:01 PM

Very true, I guess I am as guilty as the rest on dragging it out. My point is there are values found in many sites like Shaggy said above. I always thought of BHO as my home over the years but the frustration just got to me and with that maybe a little too much to where I took a lot of this stuff personally. Perfect reason to step down as it was affecting how I viewed things here and soon things weren't fun any more. :chillpill:

I agree! Non productive!

Oh now you can't say that....after all...this stuff got both you and Chris to come on and start posting again!! :sifone:

Now I expect to see some trail cam pics, stand set-ups and most importantly BOTH of your deer kills this year!!

Stonegod
08-25-2013, 02:07 PM
You guys are just lucky that there's no mods on here!LOL

buckstalker17
08-25-2013, 02:21 PM
Very true, I guess I am as guilty as the rest on dragging it out. My point is there are values found in many sites like Shaggy said above. I always thought of BHO as my home over the years but the frustration just got to me and with that maybe a little too much to where I took a lot of this stuff personally. Perfect reason to step down as it was affecting how I viewed things here and soon things weren't fun any more. :chillpill:

Oh now you can't say that....after all...this stuff got both you and Chris to come on and start posting again!! :sifone:

Now I expect to see some trail cam pics, stand set-ups and most importantly BOTH of your deer kills this year!! can i ask you a question will you be joining the challenge this year since it off your shoulders or if nothing just to watch me sweat it out lol:grouphug:

Big_Holla
08-25-2013, 02:49 PM
can i ask you a question will you be joining the challenge this year since it off your shoulders or if nothing just to watch me sweat it out lol:grouphug:

I think I am going to hold off for this year. :hat: Best way to make a clean break and to not try to direct how things go.

buckstalker17
08-25-2013, 02:54 PM
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain
hahahaha cleaver ...... better than a thousand hollow words , is one word that brings peace - - BUDA --

Seeker Bp
08-25-2013, 05:23 PM
Good luck everyone....It's amazing how things change over time. I think also this will be the year to just sit back and watch the chaos! Should be very interesting. No names needed.....the people that I have come to know on here I hope that we can keep in touch and still meet up from time to time.... I still believe that Chris and Mike would sell more products if they put the BHO logo on diapers and pacifiers.......really going to miss the Team Challenge!! It was always just for fun with me.....But I will say this, Big Holla was the man who put this site on the right track, and I truly appreciate all the help he has given me over the years..He is a true family man and deserves more respect than what he is given... To all he haters......may your arrows miss there mark...and to all the rest.....shoot straight! Seeker BP

Mikebaker
08-25-2013, 07:21 PM
With that all said I'm going to lock the thread. Time to move on.