PDA

View Full Version : bootleg team challenge

buckstalker17
08-20-2013, 06:04 PM
since all of the bho staff have took there bows and left ,here is my proposal we will run our own version of the team challenge. there will be only 2 teams and what better names to have than the Hatfields vs the McCoy's the rules will be the same as always 5 points for doe's max 2 doe's for 5 points each,and switch 1 doe to a buck which will be 5 points for the kill plus however many points he has .so say it a 10 point plus 5 for the kill will = 15 and as allways this will be just for bragging rites so if is anyone is interested just post in here and get your name put in a hat we will iron out the the details before opening of the season . so who's all interested ? have your name in here by sept 20th so that teams cam be drawn this is open to everybody none of this 25- 100 post min stuff if you want to join in on the fun come on we will show them that the members them selfs can hold and run there own challenge

Stonegod
08-20-2013, 06:32 PM
Oh now this will be interesting!!LOL If there's not going to be an "official" team challenge.....count me in buddy!!....it might just end up you and me going head to head!LOL

buckstalker17
08-20-2013, 06:52 PM
you got a 50-50 chance buddy but you know you are gonna have to disconnect that cable in the blind for that to be possible but we will start another thread for this lol good luck buddy

Stonegod
08-21-2013, 07:10 PM
So when and where do we start the trash talking?...........butt head.LOL

buckstalker17
08-21-2013, 08:23 PM
It's looking like here and now There seems to be no Interest it's you against me joker. So I declare my self the winner contrary to what you think you can not kill a deer with the remote for your tv. Geez buhahahahanaha

Stonegod
08-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Oh there's alot of interest.....trouble is it's just you and me left on here from the regular old gang......even mrbb isn't posting anymore.....who'd of ever thought that would happen?lol

buckstalker17
08-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Oh there's alot of interest.....trouble is it's just you and me left on here from the regular old gang......even mrbb isn't posting anymore.....you'd of ever thought that would happen?lol

Roger that

hortontoter
08-21-2013, 09:20 PM
Things have got to pick up.

Strother23
08-21-2013, 09:55 PM
I am new to this site and bowhunting in general. But threads seem to only get a few responses and then the die out. I take it from they ways you guys talk things get busy. Hopefully. I really enjoy getting on here learning and seeing other people's thoughts and opinions.

00buck
08-22-2013, 12:40 AM
is there going to be an official challenge this year if not i am in
it gives me a reason not to shoot the first buck i see

Stonegod
08-22-2013, 07:52 AM
Things have got to pick up.

Well Dick if the good posters like you come back.....we might get things rolling again. Though that "things are just fine" attitude is what got this site in trouble to start with.....that and the lack of owner support/participation...i.e....that team challenge prizes fiasco a few seasons ago.....that was just plain old pitiful!!

hortontoter
08-22-2013, 08:00 AM
I can't be two places at one time, but I can be two places at different times.

I feel the issue here is that mostly "part time" hunters hang out here. Yes, there are a few diehards, but for the most part most guys are here from Sept. to December. After that the place dries up like a creek in mid August. You know, my mind thinks hunting year round. I figure why not spend time with guys online that think like me.

Stonegod
08-22-2013, 08:29 AM
I can't be two places at one time, but I can be two places at different times.

I feel the issue here is that mostly "part time" hunters hang out here. Yes, there are a few diehards, but for the most part most guys are here from Sept. to December. After that the place dries up like a creek in mid August. You know, my mind thinks hunting year round. I figure why not spend time with guys online that think like me.

Well that just isn't going to float Dick.....thoughs "part time" hunters simply moved to the other site along with everyone else......so it's the same group......just on a different site.

nomad_archer
08-22-2013, 09:43 AM
If there isnt an official team challenge I'm in. I guess I would be considered a part time hunter. I start thinking deer around mid august and that runs till season closes mid january for me. Then mid april its turkey time and time for fishing. Then summer starts and its sporting clays and firewood season for me. Plus family time is mixed in there. If I spend to much time thinking deer I just get burnt out. After the team challenge and end of the season each year I tend to wander off for a few months to do the other things I like to do.

buckstalker17
08-22-2013, 10:45 AM
Now we're getting somewhere I really don't think there will be a official challenge this year I wasn't sure if the administrator would allow us to do this but he has posted on here since I started this thread and hasn't yelled at me yet to say this is a nono so I think we are good to go I just know in previous years a lot of teams would complain about no shows this way each team has a abundance of hunters

zachc
08-22-2013, 11:36 AM
I'm new to the site, but not new to bow hunting, so im not familiar with the team challenge but it sounds good to me. I guess you can count me in. If I need to do/know anything else about it just let me know.

Stonegod
08-22-2013, 11:45 AM
The only thing you need to know is that.......buckstalker17 cheats!!!LOL

buckstalker17
08-22-2013, 12:12 PM
The only thing you need to know is that.......buckstalker17 cheats!!!LOL

Man I buy one deer of eBay and I'm labeled a cheater for life geeez lol

hortontoter
08-22-2013, 02:58 PM
Should have spent more money! $25.00 and all you got was a spike.

hortontoter
08-22-2013, 03:21 PM
If there isnt an official team challenge I'm in. I guess I would be considered a part time hunter. I start thinking deer around mid august and that runs till season closes mid january for me. Then mid april its turkey time and time for fishing. Then summer starts and its sporting clays and firewood season for me. Plus family time is mixed in there. If I spend to much time thinking deer I just get burnt out. After the team challenge and end of the season each year I tend to wander off for a few months to do the other things I like to do.

Don't take my statement as a poke at anyone. I know that people have other things they choose to do from Feb. to Oct. I'm told quite often that I'm not even close to normal. If I said deer hunting doesn't cross my mind every day I'd be lying. Maybe I'm obsessed, crazy or a bit of both.

RajunGajun
08-22-2013, 03:50 PM
I would be down for the challenge. Let me know what all I need to do to get signed up.

buckstalker17
08-22-2013, 10:16 PM
Should have spent more money! $25.00 and all you got was a spike.

hahahahaha man i just about peeed myself thats a goodone i will give you that even though it was a burn on me that was still good lol

buckstalker17
08-22-2013, 10:21 PM
I would be down for the challenge. Let me know what all I need to do to get signed up.

you have done all you have to you said you wanted to play so you are in . just keep checking in as the season draws closer we will finalize everything. there is no politics in this challenge just fun '''''''''

buckstalker17
08-22-2013, 10:31 PM
Don't take my statement as a poke at anyone. I know that people have other things they choose to do from Feb. to Oct. I'm told quite often that I'm not even close to normal. If I said deer hunting doesn't cross my mind every day I'd be lying. Maybe I'm obsessed, crazy or a bit of both. its not crazy or obsessed ''''' ITS CALLED DEMENTIA ''''''''' LOL

Mikebaker
08-22-2013, 10:39 PM
If you guys want to have a challenge by all means have it! We are still here and have people sign up daily. Problem is people seem too shy to post. My answer is jump in and let's get it back to having fun again! There's always some there to dis agree but let's face it, sometimes we need it. As for the challenge, we had problems getting prizes from companies that wanted to participate at the beginning but not the end so we just said no this year. It's suppose to be fun! There's a lot of good people on this site and a lot of guys that have been here awhile. We will be here for along time and just hope every here comes along for the ride. We have always been proud of the fact that it a somewhat laid back site. We are always here to listen tho if there's a problem, questions or suggestions. It going to be a good year! And I'm hoping we all step up an do what we do best when we're not hunting and that's talking about it.

buckstalker17
08-22-2013, 10:48 PM
If you guys want to have a challenge by all means have it! We are still here and have people sign up daily. Problem is people seem too shy to post. My answer is jump in and let's get it back to having fun again! There's always some there to dis agree but let's face it, sometimes we need it. As for the challenge, we had problems getting prizes from companies that wanted to participate at the beginning but not the end so we just said no this year. It's suppose to be fun! There's a lot of good people on this site and a lot of guys that have been here awhile. We will be here for along time and just hope every here comes along for the ride. We have always been proud of the fact that it a somewhat laid back site. We are always here to listen tho if there's a problem, questions or suggestions. It going to be a good year! And I'm hoping we all step up an do what we do best when we're not hunting and that's talking about it.
thanks mike i thought coming up with the challenge this way would be different than any other site out there is doing and every member gets to participate so thanks for letting us try something a little different :cheers2:

Mikebaker
08-22-2013, 10:53 PM
Anytime! I love the fact that its different. Going to be interesting...:001_07: And fun!

buckstalker17
08-23-2013, 11:35 AM
Ok guys & gals we have been given the green light for our own team challenge this year there are a few that have said they Are in now this is not as official as years past but souls be just as fun and produce some really high scores. So who is all in for sure. And I will get the list started.

mneal
08-23-2013, 12:07 PM
What the heck... I have never participated before but I am willing. I have only killed three so far with my bow... but i am stalking a monster! 10270

buckstalker17
08-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Ok guys and gals I have started a sign up thread for the challenge if interested please post it there.

nomad_archer
08-23-2013, 02:48 PM
See if we can get this thread locked so there is not confusion about who is signed up and who isnt. Also lets see if we can get the rules from the last team challenge posted up. possible get a section together like we had for the old team challenge. Ok sorry that was a lot.

buckstalker17
08-23-2013, 03:07 PM
yea i cant lock it out but once the teams are selected ill post the rules and the check in procedure in each team thread so there is no confusion ,and I'm keeping track of every one who has posted in the sign up

Stonegod
08-23-2013, 05:24 PM
I'm in as long as you keep it simple.

buckstalker17
08-23-2013, 05:27 PM
I'm in as long as you keep it simple.
IT DONT GET NO MORE SIMPLE THAN YOU LOL i put you in buddy

Mikebaker
08-23-2013, 05:40 PM
Ok. I will lock this thread. If you need to sign up head over to the sign in page.
Thanks!
Mike