PDA

View Full Version : Survey Question???

ManOfTheFall
08-20-2013, 02:58 AM
I just want to have a little fun with this. What is your wife's #1 complaint when it comes to your deer hunting. I believe my wife's #1 complaint is You possibly can't need that many deer stands (12), her #2 complaint is you say you always have such good spots why are you moving stands every summer? Let's hear some responses.

Strother23
08-20-2013, 09:32 AM
Haha.. Yea I here some of the same. Mine says do you really have to hunt that much and why do you need that many stands you can only sit in one at a time. Then in pre season I set my cameras and check them about every 2 weeks and put down corn when I go. She says why go to the hunting area when you can't get anything yet and quit buying corn.. It's funny

Lord ToneKing
08-20-2013, 12:54 PM
My wife calls me out on my procrastination when it comes to EVERYTHING besides deer hunting, lol.

That and the fact that I can wake up without an alarm clock and be..up...ready...and out the door when going hunting

buckstalker17
08-20-2013, 01:14 PM
I'm lucky my wife don't complain at all about my hunting as long as she gets her alimony check Lol jus kidding never been married just felt left out :-p

zachc
08-20-2013, 01:16 PM
I get a lot of why do you have to spend so much time in the woods. It's probably between that and you always want something new and/or more hunting stuff...well if they would stop coming out with so many new hunting products, then I wouldn't need to keep getting new stuff...hahaha!

nomad_archer
08-21-2013, 10:26 AM
Well lets see. Her complaint is that all I talk about is hunting, chainsaws/cutting wood and guns. But she hunts so she understands the time and equipment that is needed.

00buck
08-22-2013, 12:48 AM
if you see so many deer why havent you "caught one" yet

hortontoter
08-22-2013, 07:52 AM
I guess I found a good one, my wife never complains about my hunting. Her theory is that I could be somewhere in a bar chasing the ladies or somthing along those lines.

If I need equipment, it is never an issue. Again, she feels I could be blowing the money on somthing worse.

She is as anxious to see the trail camera photos when I pull the cards as I am. Funny thing is she doesn't hunt. But, she will go to our cabin, which has no running water and a Porta-Jon, and spend the entire weekend there while I hunt. She likes reading and getting away from it all, so relaxing there works for her.

RajunGajun
08-22-2013, 04:01 PM
I hear ya horton. My wife about kicks me out of the house to go hunting. It is about my only hobby for most of the year between getting ready and being out there. Her only complaint is why I want a new bow. I get the "If you have a bow that kills deer, what do you need with a new one?"

mneal
08-23-2013, 12:30 PM
My wife is pretty understanding... especially now that all three sons are bowhunters as well! I do get a lot of flack over all of the equipment and how much room it takes up in the basement. And then... there is her prayer every year that I kill a monster on opening day. Not that she is really excited about me killing a nice buck... just that I won't be spending as much time perched in a tree cuddled up with with my Mathews instead of her:)

Whitetail Freak
08-28-2013, 01:27 AM
Heck my wife dont mind a bit ......never been maried lol . Now co.e end oct n the three wks of Nov my kids start to mind n then i have to pick the best days of the wk to b ina tree n save a few days for them they wait at door when i arive home to see if i have killed that nite or not my oldest is still undecided she wants to hunt one day then next day we head to get her a lic n she says dad idk if i wanna hunt can i go n just watch i have to smile n say its ok maybe next yr time will tell

MJH
08-28-2013, 05:50 AM
I guess I found a good one, my wife never complains about my hunting. Her theory is that I could be somewhere in a bar chasing the ladies or somthing along those lines.

If I need equipment, it is never an issue. Again, she feels I could be blowing the money on somthing worse.

She is as anxious to see the trail camera photos when I pull the cards as I am. Funny thing is she doesn't hunt. But, she will go to our cabin, which has no running water and a Porta-Jon, and spend the entire weekend there while I hunt. She likes reading and getting away from it all, so relaxing there works for her.

You are a lucky man! SHe got a sister?

hortontoter
08-28-2013, 07:35 AM
Sorry MJH, no sisters. And I agree I am very lucky, better than hitting the lottery in my opinion.

frmrfred
08-28-2013, 06:17 PM
My wife's biggest complaint is "why does deer hunting have to be so expensive." Like her shopping isn't expensive.

Pep4
09-05-2013, 01:50 PM
most of these are good...my wife is awesome when it comes to hunting...never a complaint when i go everyday in pa, then road trips to ohio, ny and vt and buying 'stuff'...but probably the most used one is when i spend a ton of time and money on food plots..."oh gotta feed the deer again!"

Stickbowcrafter
09-20-2013, 09:33 AM
My wife doesn't complain much. Amazing how understanding she is. Over the years I've gotten into just about everything involving hunting, including making a career out of it for a few years and buying two farms specifically just for deer hunting. She's been patient through it all. I try to be the best husband and father in return and not take advantage of their generosity and it seems to have worked for the last 15 years. She does enjoy joking and ribbing me about it on a regular basis though.

-Brian

tangyhunter
09-21-2013, 04:56 PM
I have to say I'm pretty lucky. My wife and I eat every bit of the deer I get so she doesn't mind it too much. If I have to pick one thing she complains about is just making sure I my tree harnesses are still good and not worn out. I guess that's the one thing she tell me to buy new every year!