PDA

View Full Version : I came knocking,but nobody is home!

Stonegod
08-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Haven't been in here since last March, at that time it seemed that the site was in trouble. Last I heard big holla, seekerbp and Blackbeard were trying to turn things around.....now it seems they have all left??.....the staff section nolonger list anyone as a pro stall/mod.....just Chris the owner. I've noticed that most of them have gone elsewhere.....including my buddy hortontotor. So can anyone enlighten me as to what has happened since I was last on here? Is it time to play taps? Anyone out there???

Stonegod
08-20-2013, 05:58 PM
Well this is just plain old sad!!!....not one reply???!!!! In the "good old days" I would of had a dozen replies. Mrbb are ya still out there???

bowhuntingohio
08-21-2013, 08:59 AM
We are still here .....

Stonegod
08-21-2013, 03:26 PM
Yeah....but who is "we"?.....even mrbb hasn't been posting lately and new members sadly aren't even getting the "welcome to the site" posts.....doesn't exactly give new members a warm feeling.

00buck
08-22-2013, 12:59 AM
yeah i havent seen seeker on here in awhile and big_holla either whats going on

mrbb
08-22-2013, 11:55 PM
well I'm still here, and I still post a bunch
just was out of state last few days
and now with no "NEW POSTS" section, I will sure to be missing some of the new posts, like this one

as for what happend
to me, nothing changed, and , well guess that is what happened
folks on this site last few yrs all dis appear after deer season then come back, all but a few any how
and seems they too now , well many, have left as well
I guess there friends left, and wanted to just have more inter actions with them yr round
cannot blame them, for enjoying there friends, and if you have to leave here to stay in touch, well, that's what happened if you ask me
me I'm too lazy to start else where
I liked the fack this place was more personal, and not over run with memebers
others I gues rather have lots of members to chat with back and forth
to each there own
no hard feelings here to anyone that left nor to any one that stays
I'll check in as I alwyas did, chim in when I can, and post pic's as I have time
the season is getting close now, so traffic MIGHT pick up again, but this yr will be different I think for sure
nothing stays the same folks

gonehunting 45
09-08-2013, 09:04 AM
Wow I never realized the site was in so much trouble. I really enjoyed reading the threads seeing the different tactics used by everyone.

Mightymet
09-08-2013, 10:13 AM
I think this is one of the best hunting forums out there if your in Ohio. You don't see all the arguing and crap between people and the disrespect because you don't shoot the brand they shoot and all that. Everyone here is friendly and helpful. I think it's great.

00buck
09-08-2013, 11:57 AM
yeah i call this forum my home site wish they would put a 24 hr live trail cam up maybe like this one http://thecrush.tv/deer-cam i looked into it and asked land owner if i could and he said no but still call it home

Big_Holla
09-09-2013, 12:36 PM
I still check in now and then Stonegod. I had decided it was time to remember what it was like to have fun with no worries this deer season. Nothing bad to say about the site or the owners, just glad to see they are participating in things here now which is what I had hoped for all along. Other than that I'm on a few other sites as well now so I'm sure I will see some of ya's around.

Stonegod
09-09-2013, 10:09 PM
It's good to see you're still checking in big_holla, hopefully as time goes by you and some of the other "old time" members will become more frequent visitors/posters.

nomad_archer
09-10-2013, 07:36 AM
I hope so too stonegod

Big_Holla
09-10-2013, 08:05 AM
It's good to see you're still checking in big_holla, hopefully as time goes by you and some of the other "old time" members will become more frequent visitors/posters.

I'm not going to hold my breath or lose any more sleep waiting for that to happen. Some move on and some check back now and then, I can understand what it's like.

Griz
09-10-2013, 02:27 PM
I'm glad your still posting Big_Holla. You were not happy with what was going on and you step down. But you didn't run and hide. Your still here with the rest of your friends. That shows your character. I hope Blackbeard, and Seekerbp come back on also. I think they contributed alot and are missed too. Maybe this site struggles some in the summer months but its been very good to me. Chin up everone, the seasons just around the corner.

gonehunting 45
09-10-2013, 08:04 PM
I have to say leading up to the season BB and BH threads were always a good read and very informational. Hopefully as time passes they share their wealth of knowledge again. I wish you all the best of seasons. good luck, happy hunting

radicalxl
09-15-2013, 11:01 AM
I'm still alive Stonegod. As I told folks at the winter camp my computer crashed and I would be using the ol ladies. Very slow processer and on dial up. I don't have that much time. She will be retiring at the end of the year, at least that's the plan, and Im getting prepared to do the same a couple of years after, we are going to upgrade the equipmet sometime before then. I also got a bit disgruntled with the lack of response on certain things, particulaly the picture contest that I spent all kind of time on last season. Logging on every day looking and sorting through pics took up hours on an old system. When the winner didn't respond to claim the prize for over a month after, that pretty much did it for me. Didn't have the time or the patience to spent waiting for a runner-up to repond. I only get on-line twice a month to pay bills, 15th and 31st. I get on here then to read some of the posts. Repairs to aging house, vehichles, equipment, mowing, cutting and splitting wood takes up alot of my time. Looking forward to reading future post but, it will have to wait untill the end of the month. Good luck to all this season.

Stonegod
09-15-2013, 07:51 PM
WOW....it was great to hear from you Chris!!!.....twice a month is better than nothing! lol......see you on the 31st

blackbeard
09-21-2013, 03:47 PM
I'm here and will check in from time to time, looking forward to the upcoming season and lots of hours on stand.

Stonegod
09-21-2013, 05:27 PM
Great to see you visiting your old stomping grounds!!! Looking forward to reading your posts.

00buck
09-21-2013, 09:22 PM
I'm here and will check in from time to time, looking forward to the upcoming season and lots of hours on stand.

glad to see some of the people still checking in from when i became a member

radicalxl
11-16-2013, 08:53 AM
Well, I got the new computer and high speed wifi a few weeks ago and I was all keyed up about getting back here on a regular basis.
I finally figured out the site was down instead of a problem on my end. Seems to be running good now but it's well into the season and I don't see much happening. Need to here from some of the old regulars. Throw a few lines under here so I know you guys are still around.

mrbb
11-16-2013, 12:15 PM
well glad your back, and this site has been having major down issue's and still having them some days you can log on some days cannot, some days can log in and as soon as I try to teply or post I loss connection to the site
Mike Baker has been e mailing me saying its under work to resolve and there trying new servers and such, but its been bad here
I think most regulars gave up
I'm here a new guy or two and a few old timers still check in once and again, but its nothing like it was or should be for prime time deer season
once the sites issues are fixed and fixed for more than a day or two
tings will maybe get better, but I think we lost a LOT of memebers to other sites

I will be here I guess till it goes under, I liked it here, liked the folks, even with what ever's
but sure isn't what it once was

Stonegod
11-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Nice to see you posting Chris!! I'm still around and once I tell Dick that the site is back up and running hopefully he'll be back as a regular......when I talked to him last week he felt that the site was gone for good....I'll call him and let him know it's back.

Griz
11-17-2013, 08:04 PM
I still check in almost every day. But it did look bleek there for awhile. Hopefully it stays up. I did find another site but still feel connected here to. It would be good to here from some of the old members. And life goes on.

nomad_archer
11-18-2013, 08:44 AM
The site being down has been tough. Tapatalk being down is been a bummer as well. But Im glad the site is up and running again.

Seeker Bp
11-18-2013, 08:40 PM
Hello everyone...Hope all is well! My hunting season is just beginning. After tomorrow, I will be officially separated from a marriage that had gone south. Been a tough year on many, and looking to make things much better. Good to see things still up and running, wasn't to sure about this site for awhile. Hope all is well, and it was great seeing that some of my old teammates and friends are still hard at it. Sure is nice knowing we will have the bragging rights as Defending Champions uncontested.....Sure miss the old days of BHO! What's up Stonegod? Have you killed a damn deer yet? Shoot Straight......Seeker BP

mrbb
11-18-2013, 08:59 PM
well good to hear your back and things are looking up for you
I too hope the site is finally fixed and up and running, and maybe some of the old timers will stop by again and post again
maybe even up date with how there season is going!

nomad_archer
11-19-2013, 07:06 AM
Seeker good to see you back. Sorry to hear about your marriage but I am glad it is coming to a resolution and you will be able to get some peace in deer woods. I could be wrong but I still don't think stonegod has gotten a damn deer yet either.

Griz
11-19-2013, 09:25 AM
Hello everyone...Hope all is well! My hunting season is just beginning. After tomorrow, I will be officially separated from a marriage that had gone south. Been a tough year on many, and looking to make things much better. Good to see things still up and running, wasn't to sure about this site for awhile. Hope all is well, and it was great seeing that some of my old teammates and friends are still hard at it. Sure is nice knowing we will have the bragging rights as Defending Champions uncontested.....Sure miss the old days of BHO! What's up Stonegod? Have you killed a damn deer yet? Shoot Straight......Seeker BP
Its good to hear from you. Going threw what you have takes its toll. I've been there myself and all I can say is things are going to get better. Wish you luck in the start of your season.

Stonegod
11-19-2013, 10:04 AM
What's up Stonegod? Have you killed a damn deer yet? Shoot Straight......Seeker BP LOL...nope no deer yet, but I've only been out twice this season do to a very busy landscaping/hardscaping season.....but I've rapped things up and will start hunting hard this week......I'll let you know when I tag one.

radicalxl
11-19-2013, 05:53 PM
Took me three times to learn marriage wasn't for me. Then I met one 10 yrs ago I would marry in a minute, but I don't want to ruin it. Things started looking up then, and I haven't looked back. Could happen to you too seeker.

gonehunting 45
11-24-2013, 07:22 AM
Sorry to hear that seeker...as someone has said it will get better.

blackbeard
11-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Sorry to hear seeker, good luck with whatever the future holds, welcome back everybody, I would have been back on here earlier but I was using my old bookmark and it didn't work evidently, so I'm glad I messaged Chris on Facebook or I'd still be checking the non functioning old bookmark every day thinking the site was still down.

Big_Holla
11-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Sorry to hear seeker, good luck with whatever the future holds, welcome back everybody, I would have been back on here earlier but I was using my old bookmark and it didn't work evidently, so I'm glad I messaged Chris on Facebook or I'd still be checking the non functioning old bookmark every day thinking the site was still down.

I was doing the same thing Kurtis.

Hate to hear the news there SeekerBP as well. Hopefully you can get some sort of normalcy back into your life soon. Hopefully you are trying to take advantage and enjoying the rest of your deer season as well.