PDA

View Full Version : Lighted nocks...

zachc
08-18-2013, 06:35 PM
So i've been shooting lumenoks for the past few years now and absolutely love them, can't really stand hunting without them. I guess it's just the "knowing" whether or not you hit the deer and where that makes it a little less stressful when shooting one. But I've been out and about and have seen there's now a whole lot of different manufactures of lighted arrow nocks. Now the lumenoks aren't horribly priced but some of the new ones are a little cheaper. I've also seen Walmart Carries some that are LED,which sounds really appealing. Has anyone tried these new brands (specifically the LED) and if so how do the compare to the lumenoks?

00buck
08-19-2013, 12:58 AM
i have been using nockturnal lighted nocks and love them you can get 3 for 21 dollars i didnt really care for lumenoks theses work for me give them a try

mrbb
08-19-2013, 10:37 AM
well I been using the Eastons now for about 5 seasons, and have had excellent luck with them, only draw back is the battery is not replaceable
but I get about 2+ yrs out of them, as is, and then replace every third season just to be safe, I been getting a 3 pack I think for like 25 bucks
the lumenoks I could never get to work right, too picky for me to get the nock just right to trigger them
these eastons, also light up longer, after shooting a deer with one, I retire the arrow, and they have stayed on for up to 10 days blinking non stop
so that impressed me
never had another brand last that long after lighting up
a small point, but sure says they work if you ever hit a deer on a poor shot and have to look for a few days for it(sadly it happens)

C-CREEK
08-19-2013, 03:07 PM
i have been using nockturnal lighted nocks and love them you can get 3 for 21 dollars i didnt really care for lumenoks theses work for me give them a try

+1 for Nockturnals, they are nice and don't change arrow flight (at least for me)

Umpire Jim
08-19-2013, 04:06 PM
I like the nockturnals too

zachc
08-20-2013, 01:25 AM
Well its looks like I might be trying the nockturnals. Seems to be doing the job for everybody.

Strother23
09-03-2013, 05:05 PM
I just went and got a 3pk of nockturnal nocks. Been practice shooting and I really like them. Havnt changed my arrow flight. They have came on every time and seem to be just as accurate as normal nock also vey simple to install and turn off. I got the green and they are bright during daylight and very bright in a darker setting. Will definitely make recovering my arrow a lot easier. Very pleased so far

Griz
09-03-2013, 07:19 PM
I shot lumenocks for a long time and enjoyed seeing were the arrow went. The only negative was sometimes when the arrow went threw the animanl it turned it off. So while in the stand your wondering if you had a pass threw or was the arrow in the animal? And sometimes they turned on in the quiver.
So I changed to Nockturnals last year and have had no problems. It stays on and is easy to turn off without changing your knock position.
OObuck, three for 21$. Thats good, I paid 29.95 at my pro shop. And 24.95 at Cabelas. Where are you buying them?

Mightymet
09-03-2013, 08:32 PM
I used nocturnals last year and they always lit up except when I shot my doe. That was the only time I had a problem. I was a bit upset because I new I hit her but it was still a little on the dark side. I didn't know if it passed through or was still in her. She ran off quite a ways. When I finally got down I found the arrow covers in nice red blood and fur. That's the only time I never had one light. I retired that arrow because that was my first ever kill. But it will light up if I push the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

zachc
09-04-2013, 12:57 AM
Not sure where I'll be buying them, wherever's cheapest, lol. I think Walmart has them like 3 for $24 and they have them in a couple different colors.

Mightymet
09-04-2013, 06:33 AM
Has any one tried the firenock?

00buck
09-04-2013, 06:36 PM
i bought mine from sportsmens den in shelby ohio and i saw walmart was carrying them now but the walmart by me doesnt have them labeled what knock they are

Pep4
09-05-2013, 01:43 PM
Lighted nocks are fine and i know lots of people like them...BUT just make sure you are shooting your broadheads with the lighted nocks installed to see how they fly before just popping them on and hunting with them...a buddy bought me 2 lumenocks like the first year they came out...for some reason when i was shooting my broadheads i decided to shoot with one on...it made my arrows shoot like crap! i tossed them in the drawer and haven't been interested since...informed my hunting buddies and a few others had problems too...i'll bet most guys just pop them in and never shoot with broadheads and don't know the differnce.

Strother23
09-05-2013, 08:21 PM
I went to buy my nockturnals at walmart and I also noticed that they were not marked as what size they are. Couldn't take the chance on buying the wrong size so I just went to the local archery shop and picked them up.

mrbb
09-05-2013, 09:43 PM
My Eastons fly exactly the same bread head or target tip, no difference at all
MAYBE at farther distances than I shoot they might drop a hair more, due to they are heavier, by a SMALL amount
but so far no difference at all, and must be about 5 yrs now using them, forget exact date, but been a while, and like so far for sure

Mightymet
09-05-2013, 10:24 PM
I went to buy my nockturnals at walmart and I also noticed that they were not marked as what size they are. Couldn't take the chance on buying the wrong size so I just went to the local archery shop and picked them up.

I noticed this also. I believe after reading the very small print on the package that they have there sizes a letter designation. Then you had to go through the list of arrows to find what letter you needed. If I remember correctly I needed the "x" for my Easton axis.

Mightymet
09-05-2013, 10:33 PM
As far as how they shoot goes, they do weigh a bit more than a regular nock. So if your shooting a light broadhead and you don't have enough FOC I could see where you may have some flight issues. Or possibly you shoot with a light draw length it could effect your sight pins. I shoot the Easton axis arrows which are a heavy arrow to start with. When I put in the nocturnal it did effect my sight starting around 30 yards. This sucked because at the time I was using an HHA slider so I had to bust out the sight adjusting tape and start over the process of resetting the sight. The theory is as your arrow gets heavier the more efficient your bow will be so if your having any problems it may be just a tuning issue.

zachc
09-07-2013, 01:01 AM
I have been shooting with the lumenoks for the last few years now, both targets and deer and haven't really noticed any change in arrow flight...knock on wood. So if I decide to switch to the nockturnals, it should shoot almost the same as the lumenoks right? I wouldn't think that they should weigh that much different.

Mightymet
09-07-2013, 07:34 AM
I believe they are both around 27 to 30 grains. Should be pretty close to the same flight.

00buck
09-07-2013, 09:18 AM
i guess i havent noticed as i shoot my arrows like i do when hunting all year round broadhead included

Mightymet
09-07-2013, 02:35 PM
i guess i havent noticed as i shoot my arrows like i do when hunting all year round broadhead included

I noticed because I started using nocturnals after I sighted in with regular nocks. It want until about 35 yards that it became an issue.

00buck
09-07-2013, 05:45 PM
I sighted mine in using them and shoot 70 yards regularly not that i would try it on a deer

Pep4
09-12-2013, 04:33 PM
I haven't tried them on my newest setup and as i mentioned that was when they first came out. It might not be so much in the weight as in just different nocks. Sometimes when you get an arrow with bad flight you can just change the nock and it corrects the flight. Lighted nocks are a nice idea, just not for me i guess. But what i'd like to reiterate is please shoot your broadheads on all of your arrows you plan to hunt with. It might be a pain but when you've been practicing and sitting in a treestand for 37 years and finally get that shot on a buck of a lifetime i sure hope it doesn't come down to bad arrow flight! Shoot straight.