PDA

View Full Version : A Couple New Bucks

hortontoter
08-11-2013, 01:06 PM
Pulled my cards on Friday. Had a couple new bucks show up. My target buck, was not on film this session. Can't tell if the TSC block is working for sure yet. The one with the bent main beam is a kinda cool.

buckstalker17
08-11-2013, 05:34 PM
i will gladly remove one of them for you while your on your quest for splitter lol nice '''''''''''''

A-Truehunter
08-11-2013, 08:10 PM
Very nice bucks!! Have any of you guys seen my buddy stonegod on here lately?

hortontoter
08-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Last I heard from him, he was abandoning this site. If you send me a PM I will tell you a site he hangs out on.

mrbb
08-11-2013, 11:38 PM
well that one buck in the second pic he has some body on him, by fall he should be s slugger
and the last one has some cool right main beam, I like bucks that are different than normal, easier to keep track of them LOl
But I would still hold out for your Splitter

hortontoter
08-12-2013, 08:19 AM
The big question is, how long do I hold out for a buck I have never actually seen??? Yes, he is in my area, but not that often. I've spent two seasons waiting for an opportunity with zero encounters with him.

But, lets think about this seasons preperations. I moved my main stand, and lowered it to ground level, almost three months ago to what I believe the best spot to possibly intercept him. I built the barricade four months ago to force him to walk no more than 25 yards from my stand if he shows in this area. I've gave him his favorite minerals 19 yards in front of my stand since last February. I've made him four trails like the spokes of a wheel to get to my mineral site.

I plan to be shooting targets at various distances this coming weekend out of my stand. And if need be, do a little tweaking on the angle my stand faces.

I guess to answer my own question, at least a little longer. I feel I've put myself in the best situation I can for an opportunity this season. Now if I can get Mr. Murphy to stay away and Lady Luck to shine on me all will be just fine.

mrbb
08-12-2013, 10:16 AM
Well I have hunted / held out for bucks for 3+ yrs, or more before, never to get them, having them killed off property
so way I see it is this, If I target a buck, I hold out unless something bigger or I want walks in front of me, if nothing else walks out, I stay true to my target buck, and maybe worse, if my target buck shows up last week of season, I tend to let them walk LOL hoping they will just be bigger next yr, feel if they made it this long here, they have a shot
to out wit me for 13 weeks, I give him a free pass last week , and just hope to find his sheds at this point!
not always my smartest move, but what I do anymore Haha