PDA

View Full Version : New hunting regulations

madcc
07-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Anyone hear of new rules and regs for this 2013/2014 hunting season? Bag limit changes, no bonus weekend for gun season, and a weekend antlerless muzzle loader season that is in October in which no bucks can be taken...even with a bow. Interesting. The man says they are trying to get more does harvested.

Thoughts? Comments?

mrbb
07-24-2013, 01:11 PM
well changes will always be taking place I thinka anymore, as human populations increase in whitetail home ranges
and the never ending complaints from human NON hunters, and hunters alike
Game depts try to make all happy
and on a side note, I also think they do changes to catch a few folks off guard and make a few bucks off of fines
hunting regs are getting some what confusing if you ask me
they need to list ALL new rules on the first few pages of there rule books you get when you buy a lic.
and not in some small section so many over look

here in PA< they been changing draw dates on doe tags , for like 5 yrs in a row, went from Sept 1st to now first week in July
and the best part of it all, is they do not send the tags out to us any sooner??
just takes them longer to process I guess ??? LOL

gonehunting 45
07-24-2013, 01:52 PM
I haven't seen the bag limits yet. I think the early muzzle loader season is crazy.Public land has really taken a hit population wise. We keep taking does by the numbers they want and public land will become deer free.
I'm sure private property cares plenty of does.

00buck
07-24-2013, 03:15 PM
i haven't seen bag limits either but not being able to take a buck even with a bow during that time is insane and how many button bucks will be taken during that time

mrbb
07-24-2013, 04:27 PM
i haven't seen bag limits either but not being able to take a buck even with a bow during that time is insane and how many button bucks will be taken during that time

Hey you folks in Ohio are spoiled brats about season dates , most stated only have a few weeks at most of archery hunting, so, to me, I wouldn't complain too loud about loosing a few days
you already have one of the longest archery seasons out there, not to mention in a top 10 B&C state yo boot
I don't think any other top 10, has even half the amount of acrhery days a yr to hunt
Not picking on you's, just saying, loosing a day or a week, isn't terrible compared to what most states have!

mrbb
07-24-2013, 04:30 PM
in Pa in many public hunting lands, due to over harbvesting does, your hard pressed to see a deer,
But hunters need to remember that they too control how many doe/deer get killed in an area
Up in my hunting camp area, deer on game lands/public hunting lands are so far and few, most of the hunters there all bitch and complain about not seeing any deer, but yet they keep shooting the few they see
Like how is that helping the issue??
No one says you HAVE to kill a deer just cause yur there and can!
so remeber folks , if your deer herd is getting smaller, if you keep killing them you are also part of the problem!!

gonehunting 45
07-24-2013, 05:27 PM
in Pa in many public hunting lands, due to over harbvesting does, your hard pressed to see a deer,
But hunters need to remember that they too control how many doe/deer get killed in an area
Up in my hunting camp area, deer on game lands/public hunting lands are so far and few, most of the hunters there all bitch and complain about not seeing any deer, but yet they keep shooting the few they see
Like how is that helping the issue??
No one says you HAVE to kill a deer just cause yur there and can!
so remeber folks , if your deer herd is getting smaller, if you keep killing them you are also part of the problem!!

I agree. I haven't shot a doe out of that area since 05. The thought of most is they give me a tag I'm shooting something.
Spoiled?? Yes I am....lol. The reason I don't like the new muzzle loader season is the targeting of does.

mrbb
07-24-2013, 05:38 PM
having more seasons , to me is marketing madness, trying to sell more lic sales, by claiming more chances to hunt
we have a week long Oct Doe Muzzleloader/rifle season for seniors and kids
loads of cheaters think that them gun shots are covered up then??
but taking out more doe before the rut, I honestly thibnk is a better idea
and in normal buck to doe ratio's
would make for a stronger more active rut
think about it, less doe's more active bucks cruising to find one then
so its not a terrible issue in a healthy deer herd!

00buck
07-25-2013, 05:12 PM
Hey you folks in Ohio are spoiled brats about season dates , most stated only have a few weeks at most of archery hunting, so, to me, I wouldn't complain too loud about loosing a few days
you already have one of the longest archery seasons out there, not to mention in a top 10 B&C state yo boot
I don't think any other top 10, has even half the amount of acrhery days a yr to hunt
Not picking on you's, just saying, loosing a day or a week, isn't terrible compared to what most states have!

I am not upset about losing that weekend more concerned with the number of button bucks that will be taken or the amount of deer under the 3" horn length

mrbb
07-25-2013, 09:48 PM
I am not upset about losing that weekend more concerned with the number of button bucks that will be taken or the amount of deer under the 3" horn length

sorry but that's the nature of the beast, people kill button bucks all the time thinking there doe, no matter the season
not making it any better, just saying
I think less deer with visable antlers are killed now a days
but just think, with muzzleloaders, its not like rifles, when folks shoot at extreme ranges and cannot see small antlers
Most folks these days even with in lines, still stay under a 100 yrds
so it helps I think

we again, have rifles deer hunting in OCt
so trust me it could be worse!

blackbeard
07-27-2013, 02:30 AM
This early muzzleloader season is stupid, ODNR needs to just leave the seasons alone and quit changing them every year, things were good in Ohio, quit screwing it up. And to not be able to shoot a buck with a bow during that weekend, ludicrous.

smokie636
07-28-2013, 11:45 AM
i think the week could help with maybe just a few people, some dont know how to let a small buck walk.. always killin basket racks. so it could help on public to actually get people used to letting some walk n actually grow. there is pros and cons with all the regs