PDA

View Full Version : Horton Team Ultra Lite scope question

mknerem52
07-18-2013, 08:10 PM
I was wonder if anyone had the horton try ultra lite with the 4x32 scope and could tell me what yardages their scope is set at per line.

Thanks

mrbb
07-18-2013, 09:45 PM
most arde set to be ball park, at 10 yrds, 20, 30, 40 50
pending scope, Horton made/uses a few, but they use the same scopes on all there X bow, so only true way is to shoot it and see
it will also depend on what weight bolt and broad head you plan to use as well
only true way is to shoot it at all ranges
good thing about an X bow is you can shoot it off sand bags like a rifle and get very dialed in
BUT don't forget, X boxs, strings, in my opinion wear and stretch faster, thus the need to keep tabs on your true point of aim/impact as the season goes on and well, just time!
lots of load stress on an X bow, way more than a compound bow, almost double on most set ups these days!
I go through a string every yr during just hunting season,I shoot my bow off every day I hunt, to empty, and set it at 20-30-or 40 yrs to do so, to both keep tabs on any changes and well, just to empty it
and in one season, that can be 100 plus shots, and that wears my strings out starting new every season!
and worse, many times, a new string is off quite a bit, so have to re zero every one to date
and I shoot a Horton HD 175

hortontoter
07-19-2013, 06:59 AM
mrbb is right. The points of impact will need to be figured out by seeing where your arrow/broadhead combination hits. Your set up will be different than mine would be. I'd set the center crosshair at 20 yards and then start shooting and see where the second crosshair hits. May be 30 , 33, 36 or 39 yards, who knows. But, do this with the arrow and head you plan to hunt with. I use 3 bladed Muzzys and remove the blades when sighting in. Once I'm dialed in I then put a set od old blades in to get things precise. The practice blades that comes with Muzzys don't fly the same as the actual razor blades for me.

And strings do wear out quite often. And when one is replaced everything will be off as far as scope settings. You will need to start all over. I use a 3-9 Bushnell scope on my Horton, but I only take shots at 20 yards or less. I like the magnification for checking antlers on bucks at longer ranges.

Big_Holla
07-19-2013, 08:19 AM
Probably the best advice right there from these guys :iagree: