PDA

View Full Version : Bow sights

rednecklb69
07-15-2013, 09:24 PM
Has anyone here shot the trophy ridge react sight? I am thinking of changing up my bow a bit and i like the concept behind it.

Big_Holla
07-15-2013, 10:06 PM
Hmm nope and no one I know either. Hopefully someone has experience with it got you.

buckstalker17
07-15-2013, 10:46 PM
I've read about them but I don't know of anyone who has it Looks like it would make sighting in your bow effortless and prob save a few lost arrows when sighting in at long yardage.

Big_Holla
07-16-2013, 08:54 AM
rednecklb69 here is a review that was done on that sight. Looks pretty cool!!

http://youtu.be/s0d59aLYS90

Big_Holla
07-16-2013, 09:05 AM
I do like the idea of tool-less adjustment for the site but also could see bumping a knob on brush or something and then worrying if something moved while I'm sitting there in the stand. Also, I do like the idea of setting the 20 & 30 and the result pre-sets the 40, 50 & 60 as they move accordingly. I guess you have to trust the sight to actually be calibrated correctly for it to actually work at those yardages. About the only thing I see that doing is saving you time for setting those longer yardage pins. The one comment at the end about it making you a better shooter, if you are off at those yardages then it's more likely your form or something you are doing, kind of concerns me some. Maybe they are right, because flaws in form will affect your longer shots more. But at the same time you use that (incorrect??) form when you sighted in the 20 & 30 yards too. Aaah, probably nothing but I think I prefer to sight in individual pins more. Guess I'd prefer to see others opinions before I would consider buying.

buckstalker17
07-16-2013, 09:26 AM
As the season rolls in there will be a lot more reviews on those sights I'd do my research before I'd invest couple hundred franklins I mean like what arrow shaft did the use what grain tip what length the shaft was you get what I'm saying what was the standard for the test that they base there math off. To me it's just my opinion that at 50-60 yards the rate of fall would vary from bow to bow.

Big_Holla
07-16-2013, 09:33 AM
I agree Buckstalker17, I would venture to say the 40, 50 & 60 might be + or - a few yards and you would have to know that when taking shots at those distances. Hard to say though as it 'sounds' foolproof.

buckstalker17
07-16-2013, 10:12 AM
I might do a little research myself just has me thinking

rednecklb69
07-16-2013, 04:23 PM
I saw that review as well as a few others and they all seem to rate the highly. It says tool less knobs but im pretty sure there is an allen wrench to tighten down once your sighted in. They say to do the 20 and 40 yard pins to really make sure your others are on. Its supposed to make you a better shot because you know your pins arent off at 50 and 60, its your form that is.

buckstalker17
07-16-2013, 05:47 PM
Don't buy into that sales pitch you can make the same shot with any sight out there with practice now helping you sight in faster i can see that but the rest of there pitch. Is gibberish if you can learn to hold steady at 60 yards with those sights you can do with any out there now I say if you like them by all means get them. but don't buy because of a sales pitch.confidence comes from practice