PDA

View Full Version : backyard Oil TV show??

mrbb
07-03-2013, 12:02 PM
OK has anyone here been watching the show backyard oil, its about drilling oil in Ohio
I watch 2 shows, and well, I find it interesting to see what they find, but to me the main guy, seems like a spoiled brat, that likes to complain
cry's about costs, yet seems to waste a ton of $$, waste to me someone that was a real working class person wouldn't be so fast to destroy
I know its a maybe for TV, but just seems to send the wrong message about hard working americans
just my 2 cents
but anyone else seen it, what do you think?
anyone here live near these folks?

Big_Holla
07-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Hmm, I haven't seen it yet. Will have to try to find it and check it out. What channel??

mrbb
07-03-2013, 02:13 PM
its on the discovery channel comes on I think at 10 pm eastern time, but seen they run older shows on different days too
here is a link

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/backyard-oil

00buck
07-03-2013, 05:25 PM
i have seen it but i dont think it is about drilling in ohio i think it is in kentucky but not 100% and i think the show doesnt portray the real working man it is a very stupid show made for tv ratings

mrbb
07-03-2013, 05:27 PM
oobuck, I am possitive its in Ohio, and I agree its not a good example of a working class worker
guy dropped a 1/2 a mill and came up low and to make things better he destroyed a truck??
people living/working on budgets don't do that! not in my eye's
was just wondering how Ohio folks felt I guess about these folks

buckbuster217
07-03-2013, 06:19 PM
The companies name is Cutter oil , they are based out of Wooster Ohio at least thats what the show says, I have a buddy that has worked in the oil patch for many many years and for several different drilling companies here in Ohio, and he said he has never heard of them. Just makes ya wonder if it aint one of them made for TV things, Discovery is known for this, the biker show they had on last year was found out to be all made for TV.

00buck
07-04-2013, 11:44 AM
now there is a show called blood and oil on discovery channel that is out of ohio and the backyard oil show is out of columbia kentucky

rednecklb69
07-05-2013, 09:34 PM
If you research cutter oil , you can find a few stories from years back where they had oil spills in broadview heights.

hortontoter
07-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Cutter Oil is a real mom and pop drilling company based in Ohio. The father passed away and his son, the main character, is trying to keep the company afloat despite all the major companies cashing in on the Marcellus/Utica shale boom in SE Ohio. The show has received some very low ratings and most likely won't last unless they somehow hit a gusher.

mrbb
07-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Well Like I said, the main guy to me seems just right for TV
a spoiled kid in my eye's, putting on a show!