PDA

View Full Version : Honoring My Grandson The New Marine

hortontoter
06-30-2013, 06:37 PM
I spent last week in South Carolina to attend the graduation of my grandson from the Marine Corp Boot Camp at Parris Island. Had a great trip and I am proud of his accomplishments. He was squad leader of his platoon. He fell just short of being the high shooter of Echo Company at the rifle range. He will be home on Tuesday for about a week. He asked me if we could go groundhog hunting one day while he is home. So one day this week we will be sitting in a field somewhere. Here is a photo of him and I on graduation day.

mrbb
06-30-2013, 07:29 PM
well a big congrats to him on a well done job,(you too, as without you??? ) and say thanks to him for his service too
also tell him the military is a great way to make a living too if he wants it
My sister just last month got promoted to full blown Colonel in the Army, she's will have her 20 th yr this fall, too
a life time of benefits after that too!
so many great perks to the military
hope he has a great career in there if he wants one!
and I hope you get to shoot a few ground hogs too! sure that will be some good memories to have

Mike F
07-01-2013, 04:59 AM
Congrats Dick. Just remind him, that you can still sqeeze a trigger when you hit the field.

Curran
07-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Congrats Dick! Please tell him "Thank You" for his service. Enjoy the time together shooting those whistle pigs!!

Big_Holla
07-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Congratulations to him and for the proud Grandpa!!

buckbuster217
07-03-2013, 08:57 AM
Congrats to him Dick! The military is a fine career. Its not for everyone but for the ones who decide to go that path it is a very noble thing. I am sure your grandson will make a fine Marine and continue to make you and your family very proud ! And from one veteran to another tell him congrats and thank you for his service! Without fine outstanding young men like him I would hate to think where we would be today!