PDA

View Full Version : video or still pics

Cheif
06-23-2013, 05:04 PM
Question??? Do you guys leave your trail cam on video or still pics. I am proably going down to my spot tonight or tomorrow night to lay out my Trophy Rock and pull my card. I was thinking about leaving my camera set on video mode. I was wondering how many do this now. And if you do about how long does it take to fill up your card.

mrbb
06-23-2013, 07:06 PM
well, most of my cam's don't have a video option, and the one's I have that do, will only work in day time
so I never use the video option, as most pic's are night time, where I place my cams'
so if I had them on video mode, I would miss way too many things
as for how fast it fills up, that would all depend on how big a SD card you can use/use!
and I gather what the quality of the mega pix is on the camera

I think video's can be cool, but I am fine with just pic's for most sets
I would also think video modes will run your battery down faster, but thats a guess on my part!
as again I don't use the video mode much

Big_Holla
06-24-2013, 10:45 AM
I haven't given the video mode a try on the new cams I have out yet. Figure I can't guarantee when I will be back again so pics for me. In the past on my BuckeyeCam I did video mode and in less than 2 weeks I had a full card. The newer cams use more space and if you do go with the biggesg Gig card your camera can handle. That or you'll want to check often.

00buck
06-24-2013, 11:26 PM
yeah pics for me as i might not get to my cameras for 3 or 4 weeks at a time

blackbeard
06-28-2013, 01:23 AM
Still photos, videos take too much memory.