PDA

View Full Version : Rustoleum NeverWet

blackbeard
06-21-2013, 03:14 AM
Seen this stuff? Looks pretty cool. There is a video from home depot advertising it. Anyone tried it for something bowhunting related? What potential uses do you see for this product?

hortontoter
06-21-2013, 08:06 AM
If it works as advertised it is amazing stuff. I'm thinking the wooden floor in my stands and all my hunting packs. And I wear sneakers to hunt in most of the time to accomodate my ankle brace. My feet are always getting wet, this might be a good remedy for that problem.

mrbb
06-21-2013, 11:41 AM
well here is the link to anyone that wants to see it

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-Stops-Rust-18-oz-NeverWet-Multi-Purpose-Spray-Kit-274232/204216476#.UcRyZDrD_IU

BUt I would really wonder how well it will hold up on anything that will flex, as I have to think that it would be like paint, and once or twice after you bend it in that spot it gets weaker and weaker, and then leaking, on like gloves , boots sneakers, or what ever
on anything fixed, I think it would be fine , IF it stuck
I have had mixed luck with rust oleum products over the yrs, most paints are great
BUt last yr I tried there bed liner stuff, followed there directions to a T, even used there primer they showed in there video, and it all peeled, I called them, and they told me I used the wrong primer, I explained I used the one in there own video, and they then told me that was still wrong primer, so re stripped and used the primer they NOW claimed I should use, and it still peeled
called them back, and they falt out said, here is all your money back, we have a lot of folks with it not working, no questions asked??
so I gather even they know it doesn't work that well?
so things like this stuff always get me to question if it will last, and work like in there own video;s??

offtheground
07-05-2013, 08:17 AM
I can see testing this on pair of thin gloves before season starts. Wonder what type of oder it has and sound the material has after treatment. Only one way to find out!

Big_Holla
07-10-2013, 08:15 AM
I'm wondering the same on the odor offtheground. Still, it would have many purposes for us as hunters. Even tents or awnings you can't seem to get to seal with the other products in the past.