PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Land/Lease in Williams County Bryan area

mrankinmuddy
06-18-2013, 02:08 PM
Hello All,

I am new here, but I have been hunting ohio 8 years now on the same farm, unfortunately this past winter the gentleman whom I have come to consider a second grandfather has passed and his sons informed me they are selling the farm. I only come out to hunt 2 weeks a year but used to make several weekend trips to help him on the farm, or on projects around his house, took my family out just to visit as well, I am very respectable and obide by all regulations and other rules he specified. If anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate it. Also I am a biologist by trade so I am also able to do land assessments for how to improve habitat. I am at the point now where I will even look into leasing, I started the tradition 8 years ago of taking my father and grandfather on a trip every year and I don't want that to change!

Thanks

Matt

Big_Holla
06-19-2013, 08:05 AM
Well hopefully someone can help you out there Matt. It sounds like one of those situations we all thought we'd never be in and now it's upon us. Don't discount going and doing a little leg work in the county you are looking to see if maybe a neighboring farmer or even a friend of the family could help you out.

mrankinmuddy
06-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Well hopefully someone can help you out there Matt. It sounds like one of those situations we all thought we'd never be in and now it's upon us. Don't discount going and doing a little leg work in the county you are looking to see if maybe a neighboring farmer or even a friend of the family could help you out.

yes it is very unfortunate, as ive talked and met with the sons and they are selling for sure, so my hands are tied there, im 6 hours away and have spent time at the courthouse, knocking on doors, drove out 3 weeks ago for 3 days and drove about 300 miles without leaving Williams county knocking on doors and just talking to folks, but to no avail, it doesn't discourage me as I know the people of ohio are great, and I understand peoples reasoning for not letting some young out of stater and his dad and grandfather not hunt their land, I kindly thank them for the opportunity to speak with them, and leave them a business card if they ever need any help. at this point ohio isn't looking so good for us this year.

mrankinmuddy
07-13-2013, 09:33 AM
please close this thread, went a different route and drove the 8 hours and did some good old fashioned leg work, picked up 500 acres.....4 different farms

Big_Holla
07-13-2013, 10:05 AM
please close this thread, went a different route and drove the 8 hours and did some good old fashioned leg work, picked up 500 acres.....4 different farms

Excellent job mrankinmuddy!!! Great to hear the old way of getting access still can work!!