PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Near Cincinatti?

teej89
06-16-2013, 07:53 PM
So as I've stated before, I'm moving to Columbus in 2 weeks and so excited to be able to hunt Ohio full time. As my Irish luck kicks in my brother-in-law was at a party this weekend and got to talking to a guy and said how I was moving to Ohio. Well turns out the guy lives on a 100 acres located north of Cincinatti and he doesn't hunt and no one hunts the property either. How's the hunting over on the west side of the state? I'm definitely going to check it out either way but just interested in peoples opinions.

mrbb
06-16-2013, 08:09 PM
Well all I can say is there are big bucks all over ohio!
if this place truely hasn't been hunted, it should be a gold mine!
but many places like that get hunted by folks that think they are allowed, so don't be surprised if you find stands and such
that sadly is way too common a problem in most places there are deer!
but hey, if you get sole access, you can sure make it into some prime lands if your willing to do the work

Big_Holla
06-16-2013, 09:27 PM
No doubt you may have found a diamond. That side of the state is just as good as the rest minus the big hills and valleys!!

blackbeard
06-20-2013, 12:43 AM
I would jump on that opportunity, although there has to to be a good reason why no one hunts it- poor access, few wooded acres, the property owner doesn't live near the property, etc. Either way there are big bucks over in western OH so I'd give it a look-see a least.