PDA

View Full Version : Drop Away Rest

Cheif
06-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Can anyone tell me what direction the off color vein should be when shooting a drop away rest.

buckstalker17
06-05-2013, 09:21 PM
The odd vein is always up.

Cheif
06-05-2013, 09:32 PM
ok. I have been told multiple things and tried up and down. It looks as if my veins are making contact with the arrow rest or the rubber peices that the arrow rests on before I go to full draw.

Big_Holla
06-06-2013, 07:46 AM
What length vanes are you using? It's just my opinion but it should be OK if the vanes are touching before you draw, the main thing is if the rest is getting out of the way before the arrow passes by on the release. Are you getting any kind of fish tailing after the shot or problems? Buckstalker17 is right BTW on most drop away rests the cock fletch is usually straight up.

Cheif
06-06-2013, 08:41 AM
What length vanes are you using? It's just my opinion but it should be OK if the vanes are touching before you draw, the main thing is if the rest is getting out of the way before the arrow passes by on the release. Are you getting any kind of fish tailing after the shot or problems? Buckstalker17 is right BTW on most drop away rests the cock fletch is usually straight up.

Yes. There is some fish tailing as I see the arrow on its way to the target. Does this mean I just need to adjust my rest over a little bit or up a little? As far as the length goes, they are blazer veins.

buckstalker17
06-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Just paper tune it and you will be good to go.

Cheif
06-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Ok. I will try that. I think that I may have worded what I was trying to say wrong. The veins are making contact with the small rubber peice that is attached to my bow where the arrow would rest before I go ahead and go to full draw. There are some marking on my veins and you can tell where the veins are hitting the rubber peice on the right side of the rubber peice. This would cause my arrow to not shoot striaght and shoot with a slight curve during flight. So would I need to move the rest up a little or to the left a little or will paper tuning fix it the problem entirely.

gonehunting 45
07-01-2013, 11:34 AM
I know this is late and hope you have the problem solved. It could be your arm (holding the arrow) is not dropping out of the way quick enough. What type of rest is it?

ohiowhitetails
07-01-2013, 07:10 PM
definitely sounds like a timing issue with the rest.