PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Bobcat in the Big Holla!!

Big_Holla
05-28-2013, 10:49 AM
Boy this just made my day as we were going through trail camera pictures off of my new Covert Red 40 camera I had down in the Big Holla over the mineral site. Always thought it was possible down there with all the caves we have on the property and surrounding properties.

http://www.bowhuntingohio.com/forum/gallery/files/3/2/6/ohio-bobcat-1.jpg

http://www.bowhuntingohio.com/forum/gallery/files/3/2/6/ohio-bobcat-2.jpg

mrbb
05-28-2013, 12:11 PM
cool pic's
Bobcats are just cool critters
now to get a day time pic in color LOL

Big_Holla
05-28-2013, 12:16 PM
That's exactly what I am hoping for and my new quest mrbb!! Have one cam set up on the creek bottom near some caves so will see in a couple weeks. If nothing then I may move the camera right over by some of the caves and give it another shot.

mrbb
05-28-2013, 02:56 PM
next time you go to check the cam, stop at a pet store and grab some cat nip, and burry some under the dirt shallow in front of the cam! that should help big time!

hortontoter
05-28-2013, 08:26 PM
That is very cool. I've been hoping to catch one on my camera someday. I doubt they are in my area though. The catnip idea sounds worth a try.

Closet thing to cool I have so far this spring is a grey fox. I've got him numerous times over the last month.

Big_Holla
05-29-2013, 07:40 AM
That's a cool pic hortontoter! It's been a few years since I've gotten one of those on cam, well at the time there were 2. Hopefully with these new Coverts all over the place we will get plenty of good pics to share.

ghunter
05-30-2013, 10:41 PM
That's a cool pic Chuck. I saw on the news the other day someone saw a black bear in stark county where I live.

Big_Holla
05-31-2013, 08:19 AM
That's a cool pic Chuck. I saw on the news the other day someone saw a black bear in stark county where I live.

That also would be a cool picture to get ghunter! Kinda makes you wonder what's lurking around in the dark now doesn't it?! :leaving:

buckbuster217
06-01-2013, 08:44 AM
Great pics BH and HT, definitely makes ya wonder what is actually out there

Big_Holla
06-01-2013, 08:58 AM
Thanks Tad! BTW, how's the hip healing?!

blackbeard
06-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Cool, I think in southeast Ohio there are more bobcats than most people would ever believe, we just don't see them very often, thanks for sharing and I like Stan's idea with the catnip.

Big_Holla
06-02-2013, 09:44 AM
I do like that idea as well. We have a catnip jar we put all our cat's toys in now and then. Just don't want to get pulled over on the way to Ohio with a zip loc full of it!! LMAO!!

mrbb
06-02-2013, 02:09 PM
I've known guys up here that just put cat food out, canned food, pour it in a hole and bury it some too, and get good pic's of bob cats, but that seems to keep deer away so??
just saying
sardines work good up here too to get bear pic's LOL