PDA

View Full Version : Starting over tomorrow

buckbuster217
05-19-2013, 10:30 AM
Well going in tomorrow to have my right hip replaced, had my left one replaced in Jan., the Dr. told me that with the second one that the recovery goes alot quicker than the first, so without no unforeseen complications I should be out of the hospital as early as Wednesday morning. At least with this one I won't be confined to the house as much as I was with my first one, at least be able to sit on the deck and soak up some sun, I did get acouple of trail cams out over some minerals so by the time I get back out to check them I should have some pics to go through. I will keep ya updated and let everyone know how things went.

Big_Holla
05-19-2013, 10:52 AM
Glad to hear the next step shouldn't be as bad as the first go round. Hopefully you do recover quickly and get back to the normal life you enjoy without all the pain you were going through. Will certainly be looking forward to hearing about your new adventures too once you get back on your feet, literally, again!! Oh, and we always like trail cam pics!! LOL

Mike F
05-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Hope everything goes well, and you have a speedy recovery

mrbb
05-19-2013, 01:56 PM
well I too hope it all goes smoothly and your up and running as fast as possible
good luck

hortontoter
05-19-2013, 08:04 PM
At your tender age you will bounce back quickly. Heres wishing you a quick recovery.

buckbuster217
05-19-2013, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the well wishes guy's I will keep ya updated

buckbuster217
05-23-2013, 09:06 PM
Made it back home this morning about 11, everything went great, only had one hiccup when they came and got me Tuesday for my first walk, got clear to the other end of the hallway and sprung a leak! It looked like a pretty good blood trail by the time they got me back to the room, they got my dressing changed and all was good. The nurse didn't have a very good sense of humor I guess because when I told her this way she could track me down if I tried to run off she didn't find it funny at all, the cleaning folks didn't seem too happy about it either while they was steam cleaning the carpet, other than that everything went great and home physical therapy will be coming tomorrow and then the real fun begins!

mrbb
05-23-2013, 10:30 PM
well glad to hear it all went well
and its a shame some folks in the medical profession don't have e better sense of humor, been in a lot of hospitals over the yrs and I seen it first hand, how few have humor in there!
makes you wonder what ever happened to good bed side manors LOl

wish you a fast recovery now, lots of time till deer season to get well!

Mike F
05-24-2013, 05:10 AM
Glad to hear everything went well. Let me know when your ready for a shoot, haven't been to a shoot in your parts since we shot together a few years ago.

hortontoter
05-26-2013, 09:14 AM
Good to hear things went well. You will be up and around in no time.

buckbuster217
06-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Sorry I haven't updated on how things have been going but had a setback last Tuesday, things were going really good until then. I started to have some drainage from my incision and redness and warmness around that area, we headed to the hospital to have it checked out, to make a long story short I had developed a staph infection in my hip, ended up at OSU medical center in Columbus where they opened everything back up, cleaned it out, placed granular antibiotics in the hip and placed a vacuum drain in my hip. Just got back home last night, I am now hooked up a little pump that continuously gives me antibiotics through a pick line they placed in my left arm, will have it for 6 to 8 weeks then will be on oral antibiotics for quite awhile after that, I was lucky that it is the type of staph that responds to antibiotics and since I got in right away and didn't wait they was able to retain my hip implant and didn't have to remove it also, it is a set back but not as bad as it could be, I am getting around pretty good again already just got to get used to this pump, you know when you forgot it though when you hit the end of the IV tube though! Its somewhat of a setback but nothing that can't be overcome, so we will go from here but it will be fine

Big_Holla
06-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the update Tad! Boy I sure hate to hear it's slowing you down rather than giving you the freedom you were hoping for. Glad the doctors got after it and hopefully you will heal fast. Also great that they didn't have to remove the hip and have to put you through that all again down the road. Will keep thinking of you and saying a little prayer to get you better!!