PDA

View Full Version : New bow! Mathews Creed baby!

Lord ToneKing
05-11-2013, 10:58 PM
Well, I decided to sell a couple guitars along with my old Switchback XT and upgrade to the new Mathews Creed. I went with the tactical black and I couldn't be happier

Here's my set up...

Mathews Creed Tactical Black
HHA DS-XL5019 single pin sight
QAD Ultra Rest
Axion Gridlock stabilizer
Mathews T5 quiver (tactical)
(12) Carbon Express Blue Streak arrows

Went out today and got it sighted in. This HHA sight is very cool! Sight in at 20yds and 60 yds do the math and select the proper sight tape. I'm dead on at any range to the exact yard pretty much up to 60 yds. Was shooting tight groups at 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60 yds. Just a great shooting bow! Very pleased with how it looks, feels and shoots

This is my first single pin sight. I'm a little worried using it in a hunting situation with deer moving or catching me in one of those spots where I can't move to adjust my yardage. Anyone else have a single pin that can chime in on this?

Crappy iphone pic

Z7Mcclain92
05-12-2013, 08:35 PM
Well, I decided to sell a couple guitars along with my old Switchback XT and upgrade to the new Mathews Creed. I went with the tactical black and I couldn't be happier

Here's my set up...

Mathews Creed Tactical Black
HHA DS-XL5019 single pin sight
QAD Ultra Rest
Axion Gridlock stabilizer
Mathews T5 quiver (tactical)
(12) Carbon Express Blue Streak arrows

Went out today and got it sighted in. This HHA sight is very cool! Sight in at 20yds and 60 yds do the math and select the proper sight tape. I'm dead on at any range to the exact yard pretty much up to 60 yds. Was shooting tight groups at 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60 yds. Just a great shooting bow! Very pleased with how it looks, feels and shoots

This is my first single pin sight. I'm a little worried using it in a hunting situation with deer moving or catching me in one of those spots where I can't move to adjust my yardage. Anyone else have a single pin that can chime in on this?

Crappy iphone pic

Congrats on the new Mathews, I too shot a HHA single pin. When it came to my sight and not having time to adjust it I would always know how much my arrow would drop or how high it would shoot. If I was hunting a spot with shooting lanes at 20- 40 yards I would set my pin at 30 yards. Try shooting your bow with your sight set at 20 yards and set your target up 30yds,40yds and just try to remember how far your arrow drops at those distances.My old HHA I barely ever took it off of 25 yards. My Mathews Z7 shoots good there is really never too much of a difference in my arrow groups from 20-30 yards with my sight pin set on 25 yards.

Big_Holla
05-13-2013, 08:05 AM
Congrats LTK!! That's the bow I put in layaway at my local archery shop too, just I went with the Lost camo head to toe.