PDA

View Full Version : Antlers growing!

JMax510
04-28-2013, 12:00 PM
Buck are starting to put on their antlers here in PA. He looks like he'll be at least a 4 point. I can't wait till they really start putting it on.

Big_Holla
04-28-2013, 01:04 PM
Very nice JMax!! He's got big bases that's for sure!! Man I absolutely LOVE this time of year when it comes to whitetails!! Will be cool to watch him grow, share him when you can!!!

mrbb
04-28-2013, 01:28 PM
that's cool to see
I have seen a few couple weeks ago about like that, and still had some with antlers on!
crazy
but sooner they start, longer they get to get bigger !
so grow grow grow I say!
lets see what they become in sept

hortontoter
04-29-2013, 04:43 PM
I'll bet he is an eight or better come July. Those bases are quite thick to just be a forkhorn IMO. This shows how quick they change. I've watched this buck blossom the last two summers. Hope he shows up again this year.

Big_Holla
04-30-2013, 07:57 AM
You need to put that one in the back of the truck Hortontoter!!

hortontoter
04-30-2013, 12:17 PM
You are so right Chuck. I just put up all my cameras last weekend. Very anxious to see if he shows up again this year. For two seasons he has been a ghost. Just knowing he is around my place makes me lose sleep during archery season. Some day we will cross paths, I hope I'm up to the task when he shows.

I have hundreds of photos of this buck. Here is a good photo of him in the fall of 2011. I think the second photo is him also.

mrbb
04-30-2013, 09:00 PM
well he should be a slammer this yr,and aged just right to fill the freezer for you!, like a good wine, you been just letting him ripen up !