PDA

View Full Version : Back to work

buckbuster217
04-09-2013, 10:28 AM
Just got back from the Dr. and the left hip I had replaced looks good and I go back to work on Monday, work till the 17th of May and then back in on the 20th to have the right one replaced, I sure will be glad when this is all over. Heres acouple of pics of the new hip

Big_Holla
04-09-2013, 11:12 AM
Well that's good news considering you still have to go through another hip replacement! Boy the X-rays look wicked! We'll call you the bionic man from here on out! Seriously though, glad to hear you are on the mend and soon will be jogging through those hills Tad!!

hortontoter
04-09-2013, 11:56 AM
You will be happy you did this in the future. My wife put off her hip replacement for quite a few years living in constant pain. After having it done she can do most anything and regrets waiting so long to have the surgery. My brother and sister both had both knees replaced at the same time. Having both knees done at the same time sounded crazy in my mind. But, both of them did it and recovered quite well.

Bowhunter57
04-21-2013, 08:28 PM
buckbuster217,
Glad to hear of your recovery, but having to go through it again would suck. I would think the recovery would be better and perhaps somewhat quicker, since you already know what you're about to go through. Medical research shows that recovery is quicker if the patient knows what to expect.

I've been off of work since March 25th and go back tomorrow. I had an infected hair in my left leg ham strings and the surgeon cut a "coin slot" that was 2" deep, to take it out. Very painful packing bandages and slow recovery. I'm anxious to get back to work, back to normal and get on with life.

Bowhunter57

Big_Holla
04-22-2013, 08:19 AM
Damn Bowhunter57 who would have ever thought something like that could get so bad but it can! I had an uncle that had something similar and he was laid up pretty bad for a long time due to it's location and the amount of infection.

buckbuster217
04-22-2013, 05:43 PM
Man that would suck Bowhunter57, I know what you mean about gettin back to normal and getting on with life, I went back to work last week and though it was nice to get back into a somewhat "normal" routine it has been hell on my right hip, by the end of the week I was draggin, the way I look at it is I will give up acouple of months to get back to normal for the remainder of my life.

Hortontoter, I am already happy that I had the replacement done, I no longer have pain in my left hip and am almost back to normal with it, the right hip on the other hand is another story, the Dr. said he was not surprised when I told him that it was now bothering me because it is as bad as the left one was, so I figure why wait , get it done now so I can get back to my "normal" self, if there is such a thing. As far as getting them both done like your relatives did their knees I really don't know about that but alot of the recovery is your own attitude, so if your upbeat about it thats half the battle, I'm glad they both had good results, modern medicine is amazing!