PDA

View Full Version : New Broadheads This Year?

Big_Holla
04-06-2013, 08:58 AM
Well, since I found that I wasn't shooting as much draw weight as I originally thought, the thought of changing my broadheads this year has crossed my mind. I had switched over to the G5 T3 (100 gr.) mechanical head 2 years ago but at that time I know for a fact I was shooting over 60 lbs. draw weight. I killed 2 deer with them, both were pass through shots. One was at 20 yards (hit one rib) and the other was at about 26 yards (don't think I hit bone at all, the deer carried the arrow about 10 ft. before it fell out).

Now it's looking like I will be under that 60 lb. mark and wanted your recommendations. Fixed or mechanical I don't really care but I am leaning towards fixed because of the draw weight. My only hope is to find a great head that actually does fly similar if not the same as my field points.... Maybe you think the T3's will work too, let me hear your thoughts. Include the brand, model and the grains please!!

Mike F
04-06-2013, 01:40 PM
I been shooting the Innerloc Falcons, and they shoot great. The set up I shot my elk and buck this year, was a 265 grain arrow and 100 grain Falcon, at 315 fps.

Garrett shot his button buck this year with the 85 grain Falcon, and had a complete pass through with his 40lb bow.

If you get on their website, check out how you can turn the head on the shaft, without messing with the insert

mrbb
04-06-2013, 04:08 PM
well these might be a novelty item, but I do like the idea behind them, and they look super cool too
but don't know if I would want to be the guinea pig testing them, and they are like all top heads these days, NOT cheap to buy and play with!
sharpening them would maybe be an issue too?? and I wonder what kind of practice head they give you But again a cool idea??

http://flyingarrowmontana.com/#!/splash-page

next if I wasn't to go mechanical head, I think the Rage low KO head would be a great head, been using Rage heads with I think OK luck, I say OK cause I lost a deer with them, but that could have happened with any head due to placement
as far as them flying and opening, they have been 100% for me, thus why I say a Ok head
its always going to come down to putting one in the right spot
that said, what ever one you shoot well, I say stick with
placement is key, and then sharpness, and I say that as Indians killed deer with rocks, just had to be in the right spot! lol
but sure being super sharp will help a lot more too I am sure!

THEREEZEN
04-07-2013, 09:12 AM
IV always been a rage guy iv killed a lot of deer with them over the years. mid October of this las year I hit a doe in the shoulder and never recovered. I switched over to the ramcat 100 gr. I never had to touch my bow or adjust anything. It really shocked me that I had no adjusting to do switching over to a fixed blade . The blades on a ramcat are sharp on both the leading edge and the back side making them cut going in and if you don't get a pass thru cut every time the deer moves. They seem very well built and they do nice work. Price aint to bad either $35 for a new pack.

Big_Holla
04-07-2013, 08:56 PM
Excellent comments so far!! Keep them coming everyone!

rednecklb69
04-10-2013, 12:15 PM
Im switching from the nap 85 grain thunderheads to the 100 grain nap hell razors which are one solid head opposed to blades that can be changed.

Big_Holla
04-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Will take a look at those rednecklb69! Thanks! Anyone shooting the Slick Trick brands??