PDA

View Full Version : America's Best Bowstrings

Z7Mcclain92
04-03-2013, 07:28 PM
I just had a America's Best Bowstring put on my mathews Z7, so far its a great string and looks great, just curious if anyone else shoots with ABB string and what their opinions were on them

Big_Holla
04-03-2013, 09:00 PM
I don't have them but have heard nothing but good things about them from people that do. Last time I changed my string out I decided to go with a locally made one and feel I made a mistake. String stretch was evident within the first year and the serving needed replaced before the second. You get what you pay for when it comes to them.

Z7Mcclain92
04-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Yea I paid 115.00 for the string and cable, but they say they dont stretch or dont have any problems with peep twist, Im just hoping I got what I paid for, I didnt do any research on the Brand before I bought it, but hopefully it lives up its name

Big_Holla
04-04-2013, 08:11 AM
I think you did right by going with them. Those, Winner's Choice, Bucknasty, etc. are all leaders in string making. You mentioned peep twist, in fact that's how I missed a shot at a buck for the first time this past season. Drew back my bow and the peep was turned. Had been noticing it as a slight problem now and then late summer but figured it had never been a problem since I owned the bow so it would be good. Lesson learned, should have fixed the problem when I noticed it.

mrbb
04-04-2013, 03:47 PM
I agree there are many great string companys out there now, and this one is well known to be a good one
there not cheap I knopw that but if they prevent things and last long, money well spent
I only used winner's choice, due that was what my local shop sold, and was always happy
and America'sbest is about the same league so you too should be happy