PDA

View Full Version : Excellent EHD Article

blackbeard
04-02-2013, 11:17 AM
Split_G2 shared this with me recently, very helpful.

http://www.qdma.com/articles/can-we-prevent-ehd

buckbuster217
04-02-2013, 08:12 PM
Definately a good article Blackbeard and very informative.

Big_Holla
04-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Very good information. Good reminder to not put your mineral/salt stations where the salt can leach into a stagnant water section. Wonder if there are any chemicals that one could buy to put in smaller ponds or stagnant pools to help kill off the midge. You hear of ways to kill off mosquito larvae by doing that.

blackbeard
04-04-2013, 01:22 AM
Yeah, everything always said to put your mineral licks near water but I'm gonna move my main lick site because it does have the possibility to leach into my nearby waterhole. On the bright side my waterhole has steep, vegetated banks and is shaded so that is good.

Big_Holla
04-04-2013, 08:08 AM
It's actually good that we moved our one lick that was next to what we called the old pond. Had it about 20 yards from it and even though it was unlikely that it would leach into the pond directly I'm just glad we moved it. It's out in the open, not shaded, get's stagnant and even dries up now and then. All of our other sites are not next to any standing water. Will have to double check the one in the big holla though as run-off does come within about 10 yards of it, just it's all shaded and usually no pools form.