PDA

View Full Version : Sharing Public Land pics, 4 days, 20+ miles hiked

PlayTheWindMike
03-25-2013, 08:11 PM
Hey guys, have been busy and miss getting on the site. I did take four days last week to do some scouting for next season and boy did I find some great spots on public land. I think I hiked 20 some miles total. Like I have said in the past, get way off the road lol but true. We walked for an hour or so off the road and found several great ponds, caught some bass and found some sheds....had a really good time and thought I would share some pics with you guys. I know some of you relate to pictures better :) I have had a few people ask me where some good public hunting areas are and I only knew personally of a couple areas or so, well now I have a couple more new areas to add to that. pm me if you want, maybe I can help out. Take care guys

mrbb
03-25-2013, 08:21 PM
well sounds like you had a great time
I used to love walking new grounds just seeing whats over the next hill and such
growing with thousands and thousands of acres to explore had me walking miles and miles on a regular basis
found so many great places to hunt, but never enought days in a season to use them all LOl

PlayTheWindMike
03-25-2013, 08:22 PM
Sorry for the curse word (If offends anyone) on the wall on that one pic, my southern Ohio buds son gets crazy with the paint in the basement

Griz
03-29-2013, 04:24 PM
Hey Mike great pics! I haven't been on site for awhile myself. I'm back to work trying to make up for a long winter. I sure would like to take a trip down and scout the public land I hunt, like I did last year. But my grandfather is turning a 100 yrs old this May so I'm headed to Tenn. to celebrate with him. Thats more inportant than deer hunting. I will be coming down in Nov to hunt for sure.

Big_Holla
03-29-2013, 04:49 PM
Excellent job PTWM!! Great pics and sure sounds like you did the legwork for a great season this fall. Man that one is a stud of a buck!!

Stonegod
03-29-2013, 07:25 PM
Great post and pics!!!! Those sheds look sweet also!!! Looks like you had a very fruitful scouting trip!!

blackbeard
03-31-2013, 09:39 AM
Nice, sound like a very good day.

buckbuster217
03-31-2013, 11:10 AM
Sounds like a great time and definately some nice sheds, time well spent IMO.

NHBowhunter
04-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Sounds like a good trip. Nice looking sheds. Heading down in May myself.