PDA

View Full Version : Looking for feedback on Outfitters

furby
03-22-2013, 08:40 PM
Hey! I want to plan a bear hunt in the spring of 2014 and wanted to know if anyone had any experience with any of these outfitters.
1) JLR Trophy Bear Hunting New Brunswick, Canada
2) Bloodvien River Outfitters Manitoba, Canada
3) Cooper Camp Quebec, Canada

I would appreciate any information you would like to share.

Good Hunting!
Furby

Big_Holla
03-22-2013, 10:13 PM
Sorry I don't have information on any of those. I do have experience with an outfitter in Carrot River Saskatchewan though. It's called Walter's Wilderness Camp and I would stake my reputation on them. It is a bow only outfit for bear and the bait sites are all set up for that. More bear than I ever dreamed I would see and it was my buddy's second trip with them. We both shot bear that year as did he the few years before. Excellent accommodations and incredible food.

www.waltershunt.com

furby
03-23-2013, 08:13 AM
Big_Holla thanks fir the feed back I have already checked out the website this morning and will be sure to consider them. I have just started feeling out guides and am interested in any good information on good places to go and trust worthy outfitters. Have already been once and it was not let's just say a good experience.

Furby

Big_Holla
03-23-2013, 08:20 AM
Furby when I made the trip several years back I was reluctant to go, simply because of all the stories of people doing hunts like that and not even seeing a bear. Those guys do it right in that they only cater to bowhunters and they limit the number of hunters so their bear population is excellent. After the first evening of sitting I was already more than satisfied and addicted at the same time. Heck, I'd go back every year with them if I had the money. There was an outdoor writer that was in the camp the week we went and he flat out said at the time that this was the best place he ever bear hunted, stating he had been all over in different states and provinces, and he would only go back there in the future.