PDA

View Full Version : BHO BBQ Weekend Planning.....Check It Out!

Seeker Bp
03-21-2013, 08:00 PM
Hello Fellow BHO Members. I would like to get started on planning a BHO BBQ. My plans are to get suggestions on Dates that would work for the majority of Members. My plan is to have it in Ashland Oh, and it would be on private land that I own. I would like to make it an entire weekend, but set the BBQ for Saturday. If you want to make it a camping weekend, you would be more than welcome, but the get together BBQ would be held on saturday. If I can dial down a Date that works for most, I can aquire a very nice BBQ Cooker for the weekend. I have plenty of area for tents or even campers. And 4 acres of woods for some great bow shooting. I would think with a little help from some fellow members we could have a pretty sweet 3D shoot. This would be a great opportunity for finally getting together and meeting other members, and eat some serious grub. Drinking is not a problem, but just keep yourself in check....lol....Ross!! Think it over, get some Dates in your head, start throwing them out there. I would like to see a great turnout..Could use some good input on this......Thanks All Seeker BP

Big_Holla
03-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Will start looking at the calendar and see what we have open. In general what month were you thinking?

mrbb
03-21-2013, 10:00 PM
well I think its a great idea
just wish I wasn't 7+ hrs away, just too far to make a trip on the budget these days
I think it woul;d be cool if mnaybe you coul;d tie the BBQ into maybe a date when turkey season is still in, and have it maybe be a turky hunt and a BBQ for members?
just an idea
and hope its a great time
I miss the campouts,but to far away for me to get there!

Seeker Bp
03-22-2013, 06:44 AM
June, July, August..........What ever works for the Majority Big.....I am able to set my own schedule so what ever works to get the best attendance. Not concerned about trying to tie hunting into it.....Rubber targets and food...Less to think about and less gear to bring..

hortontoter
03-22-2013, 08:42 AM
If its a family outing the wife and I will be there. If its a guys only outing I will be there. If I can be of any kind of help Seeker, let me know.

Stonegod
03-22-2013, 09:14 AM
So will this BBQ outing supersede the summer campout?

Big_Holla
03-22-2013, 09:21 AM
I think the plan is to have it be one in the same, just that it becomes more of a one big day thing instead of some showing on Friday, some on Saturday, etc.. That and focus on having some good BBQ action and a lot of fun.

Seeker Bp
03-22-2013, 12:28 PM
As far as I am concerned, You may bring the wives, and even the kids if you want.. This is a family site, I would like to see a family atmosphere. And yes, the summer camp and The BBQ will be one in the same. But the main day if you can only make it for the day would be Sat..... That will be the concentration of the main BBQ. I would like to see maybe anyone coming try and bring a dish of some sort. Not sure of the menu yet, but it will probably be a number of differant items. Pork, Beef, Deer, Fish, and Turtle. Potatoes and what ever else we can put on the cooker. bring what ever you want to Drink. Keep asking questions and make suggestions!!

Big_Holla
03-22-2013, 01:25 PM
May and June are out for us. We have a couple weekends open in July I believe and August about the only thing that may get in the way would be tryouts for Jenna for softball, that's when they usually are and it seems to get earlier and earlier into the month every year.

mrbb
03-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Hahaha I have to laugh, as it seems already we are having a hard time with timing, and distance issues!
There is a free national fishing day coming up, not sure exactly when, but I only mention so that if timing could be had, it might provide some extra activities to a get together
Same reason I mentioned a turkey hunt deal, like maybe last weekend of the season, warmer weather and could kill 2 birds with one stone??
But again seems like its not going to be easy getting people together, as we all seem to have things going on in life
Same as for traffic on the site???

Stonegod
03-22-2013, 03:46 PM
Anytime after the 4th of July I could mostlikely work into my schedule. Before the 4th I'm booked up trying to get projects done before the holiday, a graduation party or a wedding party. Soooo if you don't want me there pick a date before the 4th!LOL As far as food just let me know what you'll need seekbp and I'll bring something......I make I mean dry rub BBQ rib, using spices I forage from the woods.

hortontoter
03-22-2013, 04:25 PM
As usual I'm pretty flexible. June, July or August works. I just hope you have plenty of shade trees. Me and the hot sun don't get along.

Seeker Bp
03-22-2013, 06:26 PM
I will definatly not schedule anything close to the 4rth of July.. Thats a pretty busy month anyway. June, or August is all good, end of July maybe. Plenty of Shade trees Toter!! The big Pin Oaks back in camp keep the heat at a minimum on the hottest days. But also plenty of free open ground for Cornhole, horseshoes, etc etc.. My buddys land butts up to mine and thats where the open area is for camping and such. We have an Outhouse, but I may just get a porta john in for the weekend. Wal Mart and Ashland is 15 Minutes away, The Fin Feather and Fur is about 10 minutes away.

Mike F
03-22-2013, 08:24 PM
I can't make friday night, but Garrett and I should be in for early sat and the rest of the weekend. The only weekend we have plans is june 22nd ish weekend

Curran
03-25-2013, 02:54 PM
Very generous off Seeker... you're alright, no matter what Mike says.

I'll just keep checking back to see what you get figured out. Hopefully my son & I can make it out. He was mad we didn't spend the night at the winter campout. Maybe he & Garrett can get into trouble at your place.

Seeker Bp
03-25-2013, 08:09 PM
Def hope you and your boy can make it Curran.. Ok...These are the dates I am leaning towards. June 15, and 16 or August 17 and 18. Would like some input on what you think. So far we have about 20 targets lined up, and The Reezen and I will be working on a shooting course. Next thing will be lining up the cooker for the date we decide on.

THEREEZEN
03-25-2013, 08:33 PM
Im liking june just less heat and hopefully less bugs! lol If there is anything that I have that is needed its free to use. I have easy ups tables chairs grills if I don't have it il get it. Il be there to set up anything you need just let me know.

Stonegod
03-25-2013, 10:16 PM
Well I'll be praying for those August dates!! Like I said anything before the 4th of July wouldn't be possible for me....just to many projects will have to be completed for my customers for me to get away. Once this crappy weather breaks we'll be working any day it doesn't rain. August is my slowest month of the season.

Big_Holla
03-26-2013, 07:56 AM
I'll let you all decide on when it happens and hopefully I could get away to come down, even if it's just for that Saturday.

Whitetail Freak
04-17-2013, 07:51 AM
Iam ok with any date . Ill have the kids and the g/f with me if she will put up with my butt till then lol . Let me know whats needed and ill try to aquire it keep in touch yall

blackbeard
04-28-2013, 09:46 PM
Sounds like a great time, the get-togethers always are, I'm in as long as the date works out, June would probably be best for me, July is busy and August is uncomfortably hot.

Seeker Bp
04-28-2013, 10:27 PM
Well, I would like to announce we will go for the June 15 weekend for the BHO BBQ. Figured we better get it posted, so get to working on having that Sat off . Any questions just ask.

Big_Holla
04-29-2013, 07:44 AM
Well, I would like to announce we will go for the June 15 weekend for the BHO BBQ. Figured we better get it posted, so get to working on having that Sat off . Any questions just ask.

Ok, that's about the best weekend in June for me. It's going to be a super busy month for us so I hope I can make it.

Seeker Bp
04-29-2013, 09:11 AM
Just make sure if its only one day you can make it! Make sure it's Saturday. Grubby tasty treats.....

hortontoter
04-29-2013, 11:07 AM
June 15 works for me. I'll bring a tray of cookies, they seemed to go well last summer. I'll most likely be down just for the day on Saturday. If I can be of any help Brian let me know.

blackbeard
05-11-2013, 11:21 PM
Haven't checked the calendar yet but that should work, post or pm me your address so I can find the place.

buckbuster217
05-12-2013, 11:23 AM
I will try and talk the wife into coming up that weekend, I won't be cleared by the Dr. to drive yet after my second hip replacement, so if I can talk the wife into driving we will come up for the day.

Seeker Bp
05-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Fantastic, looking forward to that cookie Tray again. I believe the way I would like to do this is Private message me or Text me at 419-606-9151 if you are or believe you are coming, and I will give you the directions..This way I can get somewhat of a head count without surprises. I have a very nice, super large cooker coming in Sat morning. So far the menu is looking like 2 large pork butts cooked in rootbeer and tore up into shredded pork sandwiches......also smoking several pork loins.....and you are welcome to bring anything you want to add to the cooker...please bring a side dish.. I will also have several deep fryers on site...planning on a large scale French fry dunk.....but we can deep fry anything you bring... I believe we will shoot for the main course to be ready about 4 or 5 on Sat..Any questions, you know how to get a hold of me.... I know I would sure like to see some goose meat coming in.... PS......The Reezen, lets get together and work on setting up a little shooting course as soon as you have some time...get a hold of me.....

longdraw
05-12-2013, 09:18 PM
I'll bring some:
Goose
Duck
and Gator meat!!!!!

blackbeard
05-12-2013, 10:15 PM
I spoke without looking at my calendar, I have a wedding that Saturday so I can't make it, really sucks, I was looking so forward to it, absolutely sucks, sorry guys......

Big_Holla
05-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Well I won't beat around the bush, I don't see a way to get to the picnic this year. I knew the month of June would be almost impossible with tournaments and other plans already set in stone. We just went over all of our plans and costs for that month and there just is no way I can go. Have fun without me this year fella's!!

Seeker Bp
05-13-2013, 08:51 PM
Well.....nothing is set in stone guys....that's two people that I know I want to see make it here. Would like to postpone until the August date to allow more time to prepare and allow for you guys to make it....any objections?

Big_Holla
05-14-2013, 07:44 AM
Don't go changing your plans on my account as it may screw someone else out of being able to make it. Maybe we can do something else later this summer in addition?

buckbuster217
05-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Thats fine with me Seeker, I would like to see Blackbeard and Big Holla make it too, if we have it in August maybe Stonegod can make it too.

THEREEZEN
05-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Im open to whatever you wanna do seeker. I do like Hollas idea of doing something in addition maybe right before season in September just to get the lies flowing let me know il be there either way.

hortontoter
05-21-2013, 10:31 PM
I'm about as flexible as a Slinky. June or August, both will work for me.

Big_Holla
05-22-2013, 09:44 AM
Yeah, like I said I'd hate to see you guys cancel the one that is planned. An additional get-to-gether would be nice if we could do something in August or even perhaps September. Would just be nice to do something with you all that isn't squeezed right in the middle of all these tournaments so I have less worry of making it.

Seeker Bp
05-23-2013, 10:32 AM
Well, going to stay with the June 15 date...have the cooker lined up. Hope to hear from some others by then..if you are planning to attend, please shoot me a PM. Looks like a few people so far. May be day of endless day of eating for a small few of us.

blackbeard
05-28-2013, 04:53 PM
You eat my portion of the bbque seeker, sorry I can't make it, freaking weddings......:(

Big_Holla
05-29-2013, 07:43 AM
You eat my portion of the bbque seeker, sorry I can't make it, freaking weddings......:(

Still time to convince the groom Blackbeard...... :seeya: :icon_bs:

blackbeard
06-02-2013, 09:26 AM
They never listen, I didn't, I told him that the sweet little girl he is engaged to now will morph into someone he's never met after the ring slips on her finger but that didn't work. He'll find out soon enough.

Seeker Bp
06-07-2013, 08:41 AM
Hello everyone...would like to apologize for my lack of communication on BHO . Things have been utterly crazy as they have ever been. As much as I hate to say it, I am going to have to re schedule the BBQ for the August 17 and 18 dates. Not only has work been super busy, but didn't realize the June date is on Fathers Day......So bear with me guys.... Sorry again...going to re-schedule the cooker, and I will put better effort in getting things lined up...hope this will give others a better opportunity to attend...

buckstalker17
06-07-2013, 09:30 PM
im so glad the date was changed with the august date i am off that weekend and i will be attending

hortontoter
06-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the heads up. See you in August.

Guess I'd better plan a trip to Bokes Creek and visit my buddy Mike. I'm thinking he misses me LOL.

Mike F
06-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the heads up. See you in August.

Guess I'd better plan a trip to Bokes Creek and visit my buddy Mike. I'm thinking he misses me LOL.

Well of course I miss you, but you have to bring the better half. She's way prettier than you...

hortontoter
06-10-2013, 01:34 PM
I'll have to bring her and the cookies. Without her to read the map I'd probably end up in Boston or thereabouts. Let me know which weekend you will be around.

buckstalker17
06-10-2013, 01:53 PM
1st dibs on the chunky chocolate chips

Mike F
06-10-2013, 04:02 PM
This Friday I have a wine tasting in Marysville, but should be around every sat. and most Friday nights.

blackbeard
06-20-2013, 01:13 AM
No complaints here, I can make the August weekend, sounds great.

ElevenPointer
07-26-2013, 10:53 AM
Well if this is the definate date count us in but I would need an addy so I can get directions I do have other things going on but it would be great to be able to stop in for a visit

buckstalker17
08-03-2013, 07:04 PM
is the campout still on for aug seeker

Whitetail Freak
08-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Ill b there i have that thurs fri sat n sun off let me know if u want me to come thurs n help set up stuff ill have my kids with me and maybe a friend also me n kids for sure . Also need an address brian so i know where its going on at buddy cant wait to see yall again gonna be a good time

Whitetail Freak
08-10-2013, 01:20 AM
Hey yall was wondering if the campout was still a go ? Anyone have any new info on it ? I hope it is still on looking forward to seen some ol faces n meet sum new ones let me know pls

Big_Holla
08-10-2013, 07:47 PM
I have no idea. Already made other plans for the weekend myself.

Big_Holla
08-11-2013, 11:14 AM
In case anyone was still wondering, the campout/picnic has been canceled. Things come up in our personal lives that keep us from doing things and this is one of those moments. Thank you all for your interest and understanding.

Whitetail Freak
08-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Hey no worries i understand been there myself before i just hope my buddy is ok

blackbeard
08-15-2013, 04:55 PM
Hate to hear that, looking forward to the winter campout.