PDA

View Full Version : My Friend is wrong....Another Route 33 Southern Ohio buck

PlayTheWindMike
02-19-2013, 03:42 PM
I have a buddy who goes hunting every year where I hope nobody comes through his cornfield or valley which he owns. Every year he has corn planted in a 5 acre field at the bottom of a valley and he goes to this little cabin he put up at the opening of a valley that faces a corn field. Deer highways everywhere around the cabin. The only corn field within miles and miles. Southern Ohio, off route 33. This cabin is way back in the woods off of a dirt road. Not too many people go back in this area. Him and a couple buds sit and shoot the $heyetee all day long and drink beer. Years have gone by and he mostly drinks and sleeps back there. Most years they just watch the deer go by and do not kill anything. A couple of years ago his story is that everyone was taking a nap, he woke up and walked out on the porch, sat down, lit a cigarette and the buck below walked out of the corn and came within 5 foot of the porch, he picked up his pistol laying on the porch as the buck watched him smoke his cig and he shot it and it fell right there. That is his hunting story. lololol and again. Don't shoot me I'm just the messenger of the story. Yes the pistol was legal and yes he is crazy

Big_Holla
02-19-2013, 03:59 PM
Great story!! Some fella's just go for the R&R and it sure sounds like he enjoys it! Might be one heck of a honey hole for a serious hunter though!!

mrbb
02-19-2013, 05:27 PM
well I agree, some stories take the cake, and even better some are even true LOl
I once knew a guy that was bear hunting that said he fell a sleep and a bear was digging in his pack trying to get his lunch that was behind the tree he was sleeping up against
said he shot the bear as it was walking away, as he was too scared to move while it was so close to him, eating his lunch!
a P &J sandwich !
so cool story, and sounds liemk one sweet set up this guy has too! good for him!

nomad_archer
02-20-2013, 08:11 AM
mrbb I believe that story as well. My cousin had a bear take his orange hat he hung on a tree branch during archery season years ago. That was after the bear opened his backpack and ate his candy bar. He was in a tree stand while his had and backback where on the ground. I believe the story as he was white as a ghost when he came out of the woods that night.

Griz
02-20-2013, 09:07 AM
These story are a great read. I'm going to tell one thats hard to believe but its true. So help me God! I was in the army at Ft Campbell Ky away from home . My mother calls me one day and says Mike you won't believe this but a buck was in the dining room. Knowing mom (she sometimes likes to drink) the first thing I said, have you been drinking. She says no and starts to tell the story. She says I was sleeping in bed when I heard a loud bang. I jump up ran down the hall way and there in the dining room was a buck with his head and horns thrashing the table and chairs. It than turned and ran out the door it broke down. I still had my doubts. She said it jumped threw the storm door and knock the wood door off its hinges, there was blood all over the living room floor and the dining room walls. I asked here if she was ok and she said yes and that a contractor was coming over to fix things ups. The reason I know its true, she mailed a clipping out of the local newspaper with the details of what happened. This deer also charge a few vehicles and had to be shot in the middle of town. My dad was at work and came home. He likes telling the story because of his bad luck hunting. He says I can't see one when I'm hunting but some how one shows up in my dining room.

PlayTheWindMike
02-20-2013, 09:33 AM
These story are a great read. I'm going to tell one thats hard to believe but its true. So help me God! I was in the army at Ft Campbell Ky away from home . My mother calls me one day and says Mike you won't believe this but a buck was in the dining room. Knowing mom (she sometimes likes to drink) the first thing I said, have you been drinking. She says no and starts to tell the story. She says I was sleeping in bed when I heard a loud bang. I jump up ran down the hall way and there in the dining room was a buck with his head and horns thrashing the table and chairs. It than turned and ran out the door it broke down. I still had my doubts. She said it jumped threw the storm door and knock the wood door off its hinges, there was blood all over the living room floor and the dining room walls. I asked here if she was ok and she said yes and that a contractor was coming over to fix things ups. The reason I know its true, she mailed a clipping out of the local newspaper with the details of what happened. This deer also charge a few vehicles and had to be shot in the middle of town. My dad was at work and came home. He likes telling the story because of his bad luck hunting. He says I can't see one when I'm hunting but some how one shows up in my dining room.

WOW how many friends of your dad runs him hard cause he can't even kill a buck if it were in his living room? I am sure his friends have fun with that one. Amazing

Griz
02-20-2013, 10:06 AM
WOW how many friends of your dad runs him hard cause he can't even kill a buck if it were in his living room? I am sure his friends have fun with that one. Amazing

This happened in 1978. The story has been told at least 100 times. All his friends and kids love to here him tell it. He's 90 now, so as he says, his hunting days are over. He enjoys talking about hunting and my brother and I keep him filled in on whats been going on. Its one reason I travel to hunt. He always wanted to but never did. I him to thank for my lifes passion.

PlayTheWindMike
02-20-2013, 12:20 PM
This happened in 1978. The story has been told at least 100 times. All his friends and kids love to here him tell it. He's 90 now, so as he says, his hunting days are over. He enjoys talking about hunting and my brother and I keep him filled in on whats been going on. Its one reason I travel to hunt. He always wanted to but never did. I him to thank for my lifes passion.

You know what you have to do now....For his birthday or something, get him a camo something that goes around or over his recliner so he can hunt from the living room :)

Griz
02-20-2013, 03:02 PM
You know what you have to do now....For his birthday or something, get him a camo something that goes around or over his recliner so he can hunt from the living room :)
Good idea, he can guard the front door!