PDA

View Full Version : heated sleeping bag

Whitetail Freak
02-06-2013, 11:56 AM
I learned this over the winter camp out this year if ur camping in the cold get ya a few hot hands and open em up and about an hour before you go to bed toss em into the bottom of ur sleeping bag not only will it help keep ya warm but if or when ur toes get cold move feet around till ya find 1 and place ur feet next to it and ur back to not being cold

I learned this from seekerbp this wkend i dont think he would mind me sharing it with others was a helpfull tip for the winter campout for sure

Big_Holla
02-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Yep that's a good one. Also wear a baseball cap so when you pull the sleeping bag over your head you can get a vent hole to BREATHE!!

mrbb
02-06-2013, 01:19 PM
well here is also a old school trick, place a rock near the fire during the day/drinking time
at night wrap it in a good heavy towel, and place it in the bottom of the bag a rock will hold a lot of heat for many hrs wrapped up, and there free! also sleeping on a space blanket helps keep you warmer too, as they reflect heat back at you, and help keep cold from coming up from the bottom

Seeker Bp
02-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Or heat some water up and pour it into a Nalgene bottle and throw the bottle in your bag!

Z7Mcclain92
02-08-2013, 12:16 AM
Or a Mr. Heater in a tent

Big_Holla
02-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Or a Mr. Heater in a tent

Oh that's already a given LOL!! Even with that the sleeping bag inside is always cold and those toes are the last to warm up!!