PDA

View Full Version : ohio hogs

hogman
02-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Hey everyone, I'm in southern Ohio huntin hogs every week.Ive noticed that most of the forums Ive seen are full of people interested in these wild hogs.Much of the info people have on our hogs is entirely incorrect ! If you want the real scoop feel free to ask.I hunt them often, Ive taken quite a few and would gladly set things straight for ya

ToddWP
07-02-2013, 09:58 PM
I am in central Ohio. I was at Wayne National Forest about a week ago near Hocking was told there would be hogs there. I did not see a one. Plenty of yotes around though. Is there any public hunting areas you know of that are a sure thing to at least get a peek at some?

00buck
07-03-2013, 05:04 PM
i would like to try my hand at this any info or maybe if you are up to it go with you sometime

Big_Holla
07-04-2013, 09:02 AM
The ODNR has a page outlining the feral hog problem, if it still is one I don't know.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/hunting__trapping/HuntingandTrappingSubhomePage/WildBoarHuntingInformation/tabid/18847/Default.aspx

For years we heard reports of hogs in Vinton County and parts of Zaleski State Forest and Tar Hollow. Haven't heard any recent encounters or problems with them though. Hopefully not a snipe hunt in the making these days.....

ToddWP
07-04-2013, 12:40 PM
The snipe hunt is exactly how I am starting to feel. Everyone I have talked to personally "knows a guy" that bagged one. Not a single first hand account in any face to face conversation I have had. I drive a big V8 truck so 2hr trips with no return are starting to get expensive. I will just stay around home and keep hunting yotes till I can get some concrete info.

mrbb
07-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Toddwp, I feel your pains, I drive a big truck, v8, 10 mpg
so I know costs of wasted trips, I also got smarter over the yrs, and do tons of home work before leaving these days, and that also means I will save up longer if need be and just go where odds are best, and well a good hog hunt might be a better deal out of Ohio, and if you do the math, a few trips in gas, can buy a out of state hunt in a prime place, hog hunts are not that pricy( or not all any ways)
and the doing it in home stae, I get it, but hey, even 2 hrs away in home state, isn't like hunting your main spot, its still a trabeling hunt!
Just saying, to kill a good hug, many states are tons better than Ohio, and to be honest, I hope it stays that way, hogs ruin way too much habitat!

bgriff008
07-08-2013, 10:30 PM
Hey everyone, I'm in southern Ohio huntin hogs every week.Ive noticed that most of the forums Ive seen are full of people interested in these wild hogs.Much of the info people have on our hogs is entirely incorrect ! If you want the real scoop feel free to ask.I hunt them often, Ive taken quite a few and would gladly set things straight for ya

Count me in. Ive heard about hog hunting in Ohio, but like everyone else, have yet to hear of first hand experience. But Im willing to listen to what you have to say as well as participate.

zachc
08-24-2013, 09:35 PM
Where do you hunt hogs in southern Ohio? I'm in Clinton county but have hunted down in brown and some in Adams county and haven't seen a one. But...I would definitely love to shoot a couple hogs, not to mention getting a fat hog head on the wall...despite what the wife says, lol.