PDA

View Full Version : Mojo needed. Lost my honey hole :(

Lord ToneKing
01-25-2013, 10:37 AM
I hunt on my old boss's property that boarders a nature preserve. 125 acres of prime land with quite a few giant mature bucks. His house is a 20,000 sq ft mansion. I could always come and go as I wanted, no one else was allowed to hunt...except me. It is closeto home and a 15 min drive. I hunt most every evening during the season and mornaing and evenings on the weekends

Well his kids are grown and in college and now the house is just too much for he and his wife. They just SOLD the house and most the property! :( Most meaning the best areas for bow hunting and where I have my stand locations.

I just found out this morning and I'm about in tears :(

They have to be out by March 15th

here are my memories...

hortontoter
01-25-2013, 11:42 AM
I feel for you, buddy. First, be thankful for what you had. Finding a place to hunt anywhere in northern Summit County is tough to do. So replacing what you had is probably nearly impossible to do. There are some Metro Parks in the area that offer opportunities on a draw basis, you may want to look into those. At least you could hunt close to home, but not when and where you choose.

I'm working on place right now in northern Summit that may pan out. But, I think it is a long shot.

Griz
01-25-2013, 11:44 AM
All of them are great bucks. Picture #3 is unreal, look at that junk! One thing you won't loose are those memories.

mrbb
01-25-2013, 12:03 PM
well I feel your pain, I lost the place I hunted in Ohio in 2011, as the owner pasted away, and the wife didn't want to live there anymore so it sold
it too was a honey hole, bordered a 1,000 acres of super prime lands
all I ever had to do was show up and sit in my treestand and I had many big bugs walk by every yr!

so I truely feel for you, places like that, and the people that owned them and let us do as we please are far and few
Good luck looking for a new place too!
BUt on the UP side
at least you have lots of time till next season to look!
didn't happen in the middle or just before hunting season??

Big_Holla
01-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Boy that is tough!! Like Hortontoter said, count your blessings for being able to have a great place to hunt for a while though. Some never get to experience things like that and what you encountered in their lifetime. Hopefully the new owners will throw you a bone, perhaps the current owners could toss your name their way? Hopeful to think anyways. Hopefully things work out for the best for ya!!

PlayTheWindMike
01-25-2013, 12:48 PM
When the new owners move in go introduce yourself and see if they will let you bow hunt. Make sure to let them know if would be far away from the house and you would be out of sight right on the preserve property line hidden.....you never know

Whitetail Freak
01-25-2013, 03:53 PM
All of them are great bucks. Picture #3 is unreal, look at that junk! One thing you won't loose are those memories.

i agree pic 3 is a freak nasty wow i know the feeling bud been there sry for your loss

ghunter
01-26-2013, 12:46 AM
That does suck but like everyone else said you still have the memories and the luck to have had a great property. Plus you can still hunt for some sheds before new owners take over.

Buckeye360
02-05-2013, 10:24 PM
I am constantly thinking and planning about this very thing. I have some properties that have radically changed also, so I try not to be married to any one hotspot. You never know one year to the next. I shot my buck this year on a farm I have never had big buck action on in the past.