PDA

View Full Version : Cabelas

Mikebaker
01-20-2013, 01:34 AM
Gotta say I'm petty happy by this
http://www.whptv.com/news/local/story/Cabelas-pulls-sponsorship-from-Eastern-Sports-and/8hQdoTPvp06HfJT0PKDvhg.cspx

Mike F
01-20-2013, 08:15 AM
Always liked Cabelas, now even more.

Whitetail Freak
01-20-2013, 11:07 AM
heck yea makes me wish i could shop cabelas more to show my support

mrbb
01-20-2013, 01:23 PM
well I agree that banning asualt weapons from the show is just plain stupid and wrong
BUT to be honest, there never really was any there??
it wasn't a gun show, it was 99.9 % just hunting and fishing and outdoors show??
been going to thi show since it started, and theer are very evry few guns at the show at all, , minus some custom rifle builder and some higher end shotguns
lots of archery
but not really many so called assualt weapons there??
lots of parts for them maybe, but again this wasn't a gun show
so??
I think its amaybe a little over the top
But hey gun folks do need to stick together so, I'm fine with them pulling out, if it helps send a message to the right folks!!

Big_Holla
01-20-2013, 03:12 PM
You have to appreciate a company such as Cabelas to stand for something so right like this.

Griz
01-21-2013, 09:42 AM
Most definitely Cabelas rocks!! What was the organizers of the Harrisburg show thinking? I've never been but always wanted to go. I will have second thoughts before I spend my money and time. I am going to let them know how I feel by email. Maybe we all should?

ghunter
01-21-2013, 10:18 AM
They will defiantly know what they did when people dont show up and they lose money.

Griz
01-21-2013, 01:09 PM
They will defiantly know what they did when people dont show up and they lose money.

I hope your right ghunter. I've done a little research and alot of the shows lineups (lee & Tiffiney, Ralph & Vicky, Fred Eichler to name a few) are pulling out. So its not just Cabelas. The web site of the Harrisbury sportsman show is not reflecting that. So some people may show up not knowing and thinking there going to see one of these celebrities and be disappointed.

callman
01-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Just to let everyone know I am a turkey call maker.
I am a very small company just me and my wife and my 11 year old son.
We are not like most vendors if I lose two thousand I will be out of business.
So is everyone going to buy one of my turkey calls.
I am stuck on what to do. It sure [censored] to watch your dreams go down the drain.
Try to look in your boys eyes and tell him you failed

Griz
01-24-2013, 08:33 AM
I didn't realize that the organizer of the show (Reed Exibition) is a British based company. Yah thats right, they have no guns! Can you believe a limey makes a disicision that effects all of us here in the US. I hope the show crashes and burns. Next year if anyone has a brain a US company will run it.

I must say I do feel bad for those guys like callman. Just post a web site callman, you never know what will happen. It could be good.

PlayTheWindMike
01-24-2013, 12:16 PM
well I agree that banning asualt weapons from the show is just plain stupid and wrong
BUT to be honest, there never really was any there??
it wasn't a gun show, it was 99.9 % just hunting and fishing and outdoors show??
been going to thi show since it started, and theer are very evry few guns at the show at all, , minus some custom rifle builder and some higher end shotguns
lots of archery
but not really many so called assualt weapons there??
lots of parts for them maybe, but again this wasn't a gun show
so??
I think its amaybe a little over the top
But hey gun folks do need to stick together so, I'm fine with them pulling out, if it helps send a message to the right folks!!

I have gone to the show before. I have never gone there to look for guns, we go to gun shows to look at guns :) we go for other features. I am boycotting them as well just to send the message

mrbb
01-24-2013, 12:18 PM
I didn't realize that the organizer of the show (Reed Exibition) is a British based company. Yah thats right, they have no guns! Can you believe a limey makes a disicision that effects all of us here in the US. I hope the show crashes and burns. Next year if anyone has a brain a US company will run it.

I must say I do feel bad for those guys like callman. Just post a web site callman, you never know what will happen. It could be good.

Hey I agree 100%
But Sadly far too many things are owned anymore by NON usa companys
from major hi ways here in the usa to many of the state lottery's
and food and beverage companys
and to me thats what 's killing America
and why jobs are , well good jobs jobs, are far and fewer now then ever
way to much is not made in America today and its a shame
if we started making more things here in the USA, more folks would have a job they could live well off of, and we would have mroe control over how things get made
and maybe our economy would improve, rather than sprial down likes its doing??

BUt the sad part to me is, it all happens ONLY because MOST americans want it the way it is, if they didn't they would support so many NON usa compnys
thus why were in the hole were in??
MY 02 cents!
This yr's sportsman show will be a big surprise I think for folks attending, BUT only after the already Paid to get in
I live near this show, and no one locally is talking about any pull outs, even through there are many many that are
, I know I won't be going!!

PlayTheWindMike
01-24-2013, 12:20 PM
This was just released today......nice

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2013/01/eastern_sports_and_outdoor_sho_2.html

mrbb
01-24-2013, 12:54 PM
This was just released today......nice

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2013/01/eastern_sports_and_outdoor_sho_2.html

well based on that, thsi same company that is banning modern guns at the sportsman show, is also the same company that ran the SHOT show in vegas
that's a pure 100% gun show, but its only open to FFl holder, law enforcents agency's, and certian folks within the industry
not the general public

thats shame and I hope they loose that job for future shows??

PlayTheWindMike
01-25-2013, 12:52 PM
Just to let everyone know I am a turkey call maker.
I am a very small company just me and my wife and my 11 year old son.
We are not like most vendors if I lose two thousand I will be out of business.
So is everyone going to buy one of my turkey calls.
I am stuck on what to do. It sure [censored] to watch your dreams go down the drain.
Try to look in your boys eyes and tell him you failed

One show should not bankrupt someone. Maybe your story is out of my mental reach though???? What's your website? I will check out your calls and if I like one I will buy one.

blackbeard
03-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Nice, kudos to cabelas