PDA

View Full Version : No Deer Again!!!!!

ManOfTheFall
01-19-2013, 02:16 AM
Any of you guys still hunting? I have been out multiple times since ML ended and I have not seen a single deer. I see them on my drive home but that's it. Anyone else having this same problem? I think this is by far the worst year I have ever seen for deer being nocturnal.

frmrfred
01-19-2013, 08:21 AM
I'm still hunting and having no luck as well. All of my deer are coming out after dark. Extremely frustrating!!!!!!!

deerguy10
01-19-2013, 09:07 AM
I am still hunting and experiencing about the same... Guys did a lot of driving and pushing of deer during guns season and then again during muzzleloader and it has really made the deer go nocturnal... I have cleared a couple shooting lanes and created an ambush spot much closer to the bedding areas they are using. Ill be hunting from the ground as there isn,t any trees large enough to hang a stand, I guess this is my last ditch all out attempt. Sunday afternoon the temps are not only dropping but the wind is supposed to change as well... Hopefully this will get them on their feet a bit earlier and since I will be closer to the bedding area maybe i can close the deal?

It's tough out there right now but, best of luck to those of you still at it!

Big_Holla
01-19-2013, 12:36 PM
deerguy10 is on the right path, figure out where they are and make changes. Doing the same thing over and over again only means you aren't adapting to the situation.

Stonegod
01-19-2013, 04:06 PM
Well I'm still at it also....in fact I'm sitting in one of my blinds now.....our trail cams show deer moving all through the day but I haven't even seen a squirrel so far today. It's a bit windy today.....maybe to windy.....but the wind was in my favor for the blind I wanted to hunt so here I am. I'm hoping these guys will be up and seeking food ahead of the approaching artic front. Hopefully something will be coming down the trail I'm hunting....the cam pics show tons if deer using it daily....this is the first year I'm not targeting the feeders as my main hunting areas.....was hoping it would change my luck. Deerguy10....you still hunting the block of woods right behind me??

mrbb
01-19-2013, 04:46 PM
well if they were still in season eher I would be outthere
But I agree, get closer to bedding area,s
and
something you can even try if you DARE
if get right in there bedding area and boot them out mid day, and wait for them to come back in??
or just setting up on food after bumping them out of beds
amny times they will feed sooner if they get kicked out of there beds mid day

can also try making trails with corn, near bedding areas if they find new food closer by they might come out sooner?
but its a one two sit del bvefore they catch on to this from my experience

But good luck to you all!
just something to think about

SLIDER0906
01-19-2013, 06:19 PM
Same here, I killed another doe last weekend, but have had almost no luck and minimal sightings unless im feeding corn. And at $10 bucks a bag ive only been feeding sparadicly. Where i hunt its all hardwoods and once the nuts are gone the numbers decrease dramaticly. I always have much better luck this time of year moving the corn piles a lot closer to where i know they are bedding; even within a hundred yards if its an area that i can sneak into and fairly confident i wont bump any out. Without it the few deer still around my area seem to be totally nocturnal.....Good luck

deerguy10
01-19-2013, 07:10 PM
Well I'm still at it also....in fact I'm sitting in one of my blinds now.....our trail cams show deer moving all through the day but I haven't even seen a squirrel so far today. It's a bit windy today.....maybe to windy.....but the wind was in my favor for the blind I wanted to hunt so here I am. I'm hoping these guys will be up and seeking food ahead of the approaching artic front. Hopefully something will be coming down the trail I'm hunting....the cam pics show tons if deer using it daily....this is the first year I'm not targeting the feeders as my main hunting areas.....was hoping it would change my luck. Deerguy10....you still hunting the block of woods right behind me??

Not this weekend... I am trying my in-laws place down the road from you this weekend... there is a giant and a group of about 9 does that have been bedding on the edge of their property they have been moving just after dark and so with the longer days and moving closer to that bedding area i hope to catch them sunday because the wind is changing to more out of the north which will be perfect for the new little spot i made last weekend... the spot i hunt behind you isn't good with a south wind so i didn't bother this afternoon... I will probably be out there at some point next weekend if my plan doesn't work tomorrow though... GOOD LUCK! Let me know if you seal the deal... sure hope it happens for you soon! you have certainly put your time in!

blackbeard
01-19-2013, 07:51 PM
Same thing here. Deer are moving right at or after dark in the evenings. Best time to catch them is in the early morning moving from nighttime feeding areas (honeysuckle thickets around here) to their bedding areas. I'll be sitting right beside a bedding area in the morning.

ManOfTheFall
01-22-2013, 01:31 AM
When we had that snow here I also saw them in daylight. Then ML season came and the snow melted and not a single daylight sighting since. Maybe this cold snap with a little snow coming down again will bring them back out in the daylight.