PDA

View Full Version : Shed hunting contest?

ohiobuckhunter
01-12-2013, 05:51 AM
Just curious if we are having a shed hunting contest this year? I don't think we had enough people interested last year so we didn't have one. If anyone else is interested please post here to let admin know there are enough people going to join in.

frmrfred
01-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Absolutely! Count me in. I love to shed hunt as much as deer hunting.

RackCityOutdoors
01-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Same here count me in ...!!!

mrbb
01-12-2013, 01:28 PM
well I too enjoy shed hunting, but what would the contest be about??
the biggest? the most?
first to find one??
or all the above or more??
but its about that time for finding them, even know a few that found some already here

Whitetail Freak
01-13-2013, 02:33 PM
heck i look every year and have yet to find a shed antler just my luck i guess lol

Big_Holla
01-13-2013, 03:30 PM
I have always liked the idea, we just haven't found the way that makes it fair and fun for everyone from the shed masters to the beginner/shed virgin. Absolutely love seeing "as they lay" pics and have thought that would be the way to go for a contest.

ohiobuckhunter
01-13-2013, 08:27 PM
Maybe the vets could be team captain

Doc148
01-14-2013, 02:03 AM
Sounds like fun. I got one already.

Griz
01-14-2013, 07:19 PM
i like the idea. They would have to be more than one category. I went today for a few hours. We still have alot of snow. Snow shoes are a must. So its probably to early here. I found alot of sign but no sheds.

Seeker Bp
01-14-2013, 08:03 PM
I and my family and friends shed Hunt non stop...Its a way of life spring to fall. It gives everyone including the dogs a chance to get out and enjoy the outdoors. During the hunting season, my dog isnt able to get out and roam much , so we work them indoors with locating sheds. We are looking forward to getting out and rounding some more sheds up......Maybe the contest should be like the contest that Radical is running now. Best photo contest with sheds involved. Old or new, a shed is a shed!! But how you display them could be the key. No prizes, just the satisfaction of winning by creativity!! Right now, spending the rest of the season concentrating on more doe for the freezer!!

PlayTheWindMike
01-21-2013, 01:48 PM
I would be interested as well.

ghunter
01-22-2013, 01:16 AM
I don't know if I will find any but I will be tying to get out there by march so count me in as well.