PDA

View Full Version : What to do with deer carcasses

PlayTheWindMike
01-10-2013, 12:27 PM
I hope I spelled that right.

I was on my way to work this morning and saw a truck stopped on the side of the road with a couple of guys. I stopped and asked them if they needed any help and they said they were fine. Well as I drove off on the other side of their truck they had dropped off 3 deer carcasses. Head and all bones. I thought that this is not a good thing to do....leave them right by the road for moms with their kids to see or animal lovers or whatever.

So I started thinking about what I do, which my friends dogs take mine

Do any of you know exactly what the state of Ohio wants us to do (legally) with deer carcasses?

Big_Holla
01-10-2013, 01:36 PM
Up here in Mich. that is illegal as hell if it's along a road or state land like that. Not to mention it gives the rest of us hunters a bad name when a non-hunter happens to walk by and discover. Up here we dispose of it in our regular trash, just has to be bagged well.

mrbb
01-10-2013, 01:53 PM
here in PA if you get caught dumping or putting them out you can be fined, even on your own land?, its not enforced a lot, but it is the law here
they require them to be disposed of like trash
I'm lucky my buddy is a butcher, and has a company that wants them
I havebeen klnown to put a rib cage or parts out for a bait /to place a trail cam over to see what eats it
but I would believe that most states have like laws
its about preventing illness from rotton meats and likes
or causing other problems

deerguy10
01-10-2013, 05:30 PM
I have always disposed of them in the regular trash... never had an issue... there isn't a whole lot left once i am done cutting them up... but, yeah dumping them on the side of the road??? not a good idea for all the reasons listed above!