PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Eve Doe Down!!!!!

ManOfTheFall
01-02-2013, 02:21 AM
With the snow coming down like crazy, and myself and my bow covered with snow it was a great hunt. I arrived in the stand about 3:30. I saw my first deer at 4:30. A group of 3 were running down the hill behind me but they kept right on going. Time was ticking and i figured it was going to be another empty hunt. At 5:15 I saw some movement to my left. I cautiously glanced over and saw adoe coming towards me. She came upon fairly quick so I didn't have a chance to draw on her until she got behind a tree out in front of me. As she turned broadside and put her head down behind a tree to eat some corn I knew it was time to let the arrow fly. I drew back and put my 20 yard pin on her, pressed the release and watched as the arrow crashed through her chest and stuck in the snow on the other side of her. She kicked up her back legs and took off like a bolt of lightning back the same way she came. What was really cool about this was as she ran past me I could actually see the blood spraying out both sides of her chest. The snow really gives you a different picture. About 40 yards out she did the old back flip and the rest is history. My first New Year's Eve deer!!!!!

radicalxl
01-02-2013, 06:00 AM
Congrats, way to stick with it.

ManOfTheFall
01-02-2013, 06:55 AM
I will be trying for 2 more as well. Hopefully one of them will be a nice buck.

Seeker Bp
01-02-2013, 07:30 AM
Congrats MOF! Way to stick at it and shoot straight.. It was a great night to be out, really enjoyed the snowfall. Good luck hunting for the other 2 tag fillers. There are def some bucks still out moving around, have seen two decent ones out in my corn field.

Big_Holla
01-02-2013, 08:13 AM
Congratulations and way to stay after them!!!

PlayTheWindMike
01-02-2013, 10:24 AM
nice.....that will be some good eating too

deerguy10
01-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Good work... I haven't been able to get out lately because i have been plowing this snow... but, i have the day off and hopefully i will have a story similar to yours to share after this evening!

Way to stick with it! glad you were rewarded with that deer!

mrbb
01-02-2013, 01:23 PM
well congrats and a great way to start a new yr !!