PDA

View Full Version : Need help with public land hunting info

mknerem52
12-30-2012, 03:41 PM
I am new to hunting and I was wondering about public land hunting. Do you have to pay to hunt there? Do you have to sign up to hunt there? Do you have to sign in when you get there or do you just park and start hunting? Any help would be great

Whitetail Freak
12-30-2012, 04:00 PM
park and hunt buddy , what public lands were u looking to hunt ?

mknerem52
12-30-2012, 04:12 PM
Camp Belden, Spencer wildlife area, west branch, Auburn marsh, Ladue, Berlin lake

mknerem52
12-30-2012, 04:29 PM
I was also wondering if anyone would be willing to mentor in NE oh for next season

mrbb
12-30-2012, 04:47 PM
to each well public lands are open to the public, BUt there are different rules at many times that apply to each section or area
but most are just show up and hunt
your best bets is to get a hunting lic rule book, they are free and handed out when you buy a hunting license
they will tell you about what you can and cannot do on lands open to hunting in the state
some wildlife area's and federal lands MIGHT also have different rules as to state lands
its never a bad Idea to ask your local wildlife officer about what your plans are and if allowed where you plan to hunt
and there are different rules on public lands as to private lands too
it might sound complicated some
but its mostly not
just there are rules for each that some times are not the same
an example is baiting deer is allowed on private , but now allowed on Public lands
something small , but could cost you a fine if you make the mistake
thus why its good idea to get a rule book, and or ask a wildlife officer where you plan to hunt!
and rules can change from yr to yr too
but good luck and welcome to the hunting world

mknerem52
12-30-2012, 04:56 PM
I was also wondering if anyone was willing to mentor me

00buck
12-30-2012, 06:18 PM
well it is park and hunt and i would recommend getting topo maps and doing a lot of scouting and remeber if you can get to it easy so can every body else so get off the beaten path and go to places that arent as easy to get too and good luck

Whitetail Freak
12-30-2012, 06:54 PM
mknernm52 id b happy to take ya along sumtime even this yr if interested i hunt killbuck swamp in holmes and wayne co and hunt a mwcd lakes like tappan clendening and piedmont also let me know bud

mknerem52
12-30-2012, 10:37 PM
Can you tell me a little about yourself?

ManOfTheFall
12-31-2012, 12:19 AM
Are you just talking bow hunting here? Where do you live? I live here in Tuscarawas county. One of the best counties in the state.

Big_Holla
12-31-2012, 08:49 AM
I was also wondering if anyone was willing to mentor me

Can you tell me a little about yourself?

That's a two way street here mknerem52, hopefully you can tell us a little about yourself as well.

mknerem52
12-31-2012, 01:01 PM
Are you just talking bow hunting here? Where do you live? I live here in Tuscarawas county. One of the best counties in the state.

I live in medina

Whitetail Freak
12-31-2012, 02:09 PM

amen buddy best co in ohio i think

ohiobuckhunter
12-31-2012, 02:27 PM
Pm me I live in me Ohio also

PlayTheWindMike
01-03-2013, 12:30 PM
On public land be sure to know what the rules are. Some parks you may be handcuffed if you are out there with a gun. I would call Ohio division of wildlife and start there.

Whitetailfreak is right but we first should see what your definition is of "public land"