PDA

View Full Version : Bred Doe

tim1676
12-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Anyone ever see a doe right after she's been bred? I was still hunting/looking for a new stand location Sunday morning and came over a small ridge. I heard a couple deer running through some thick stuff and saw one going to my left, but the other one was coming up the hill toward me. I got done on one knee and she ended coming with 20 feet of me.

Thing was her tongue was hanging out and she looked like she had been ran hard. Also, the back of her neck was really wet. I figured she just got bred, but wanted some other inputs...Thanks

mrbb
12-17-2012, 04:27 PM
well I have seen many over the yrs get some
and yes many times that are run down hard and tongue hanging out when a buck finally gets her to stop and well you know

but this time of yr, with hunting pressure,getting shot at, driven, or loose dogs/coyotes, and what nots, could be a lot of reasons for a doe to be run down this time of yr!
and to be honest most breeding is now over, but??
never say never
so could have been, or not??
just never know!

tim1676
12-17-2012, 07:02 PM
well I have seen many over the yrs get some
and yes many times that are run down hard and tongue hanging out when a buck finally gets her to stop and well you know

but this time of yr, with hunting pressure,getting shot at, driven, or loose dogs/coyotes, and what nots, could be a lot of reasons for a doe to be run down this time of yr!
and to be honest most breeding is now over, but??
never say never
so could have been, or not??
just never know!

Yah I know, thats's what I was thinking it's kinda late for breeding, but you never know...

mrbb
12-17-2012, 08:53 PM
thats right I have seen them mounting up in late Ljan here in PA
it can happen
buts its not the norm for Ohio or the mid to east coast in the upper states
down south,and south west
breeding can just be getting started now!

whodey1966
12-18-2012, 06:00 AM
Yah I know, thats's what I was thinking it's kinda late for breeding, but you never know...
Not to late for yearling does, usually in Ohio peak breeding is round the 19th of December.

Big_Holla
12-18-2012, 08:01 AM
Although it isn't too late for a doe to be bred it's probably unlikely since this past weekend was the second gun season. Probably pushed around to you.